The official viczcar cycling thread

KatoKid

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

New bike arrived. Had an opportunity to upgrade and one of our sons mates wanted to buy my existing rig so it was a simple decision. Gone back to a trail bike from the all mountain.  
Jeff

You did well to get a bike! There seems to be a crazy shortage at the moment - too much demand coupled with supply chain problems == people selling second hand bikes for more than brand new!!

• 3 months later...

New trails just to the west of Canberra officially opened a few weeks. Cotter Pines is a collaborative effort by the Kowalski Brothers team and local trail builders Iconic Trails. ACT gov provided some grants to assist with the works. It’s a mix of old school hand and machine built trails. Well worth a visit if your in town. Another place to ride. We are well spoilt. 
View is looking east with Stromlo in the foreground. 

Jeff

2AA6EF98-04C0-429F-BAA8-4A9C682D8C92.webp

F7745734-DC71-4D65-B057-5191CEACA055.jpeg

Edited by CBR Jeff

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It’s a great time of life when the kids start purchasing their own bikes. You still get the thrills but without the expense. Daughters new bike arrived today. It was delivered to our house so I could build it for her. 
Only down side is that she is going to be so fast on this dam thing. 
Classic how you can get a box from Germany in a week but cannot get click and collect from Bunnings in that time. 

Jeff

804EBCFE-44DA-4ED4-B0C0-BE506EC5C563.jpeg

Edited by CBR Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Big XC race weekend coming up in Canberra at Stromlo presented by CORC, two weeks before Nat Champs. 29 and 30 January. Saturday is Junior World Series (JWS) inc UCI C2 XCO and Sunday is a National T1 race. 
Should be a great weekend of racing. Saturday will also be round 1 of AusCycling UCI XCO series. 
Beers at the Handelbar after racing. 

Race Director Jeff ;D

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 6:22 PM, CBR Jeff said:

Back to Cotter Pines today. Great place, lovely flowing trails. 
Any one heading to National Champs in Tasmania in February?

Jeff

I haven't ridden the Cotter Pines trails yet. I am half tempted to head down to Canberra for the Rocky Trail on the 19th of Feb (probably a solo 4 hour), so I might check out Cotter the following day ... if I can still walk...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 8:43 AM, Mike_F said:

I haven't ridden the Cotter Pines trails yet. I am half tempted to head down to Canberra for the Rocky Trail on the 19th of Feb (probably a solo 4 hour), so I might check out Cotter the following day ... if I can still walk...

Mike

Did you survive the RT race and get to Cotter Pines?

Jeff

4 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

Mike

Did you survive the RT race and get to Cotter Pines?

Jeff

I didn't end up going down - been smashed at work recently and not riding enough to do a solo 4 hour.

Did you go for a spin?

1 hour ago, Mike_F said:

I didn't end up going down - been smashed at work recently and not riding enough to do a solo 4 hour.

Did you go for a spin?

I was at Maydena last week at MTB Nats. I was assistant chef and in charge of DH and Pump Track. So I spent most of the week standing at the bottom of the DH track. I am still smashed from a very big week. Quite stressful with some nasty crashes including Troy Brosnan during his race run. The usual broken collar bones and wrists but we also had a femur a Troy ended up breaking his leg. Ill get a ride in later this week and on the weekend.

Jeff

https://www.instagram.com/oliverball.zuleta/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=ad77696c-757b-4ad6-a3fb-2db0fad1847a

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/troy-brosnan-has-broken-his-ankle-at-australian-national-champs.html

Edited by CBR Jeff

1 hour ago, CBR Jeff said:

I was at Maydena last week at MTB Nats. I was assistant chef and in charge of DH and Pump Track. So I spent most of the week standing at the bottom of the DH track. I am still smashed from a very big week. Quite stressful with some nasty crashes including Troy Brosnan during his race run. The usual broken collar bones and wrists but we also had a femur a Troy ended up breaking his leg. Ill get a ride in later this week and on the weekend.

Jeff

https://www.instagram.com/oliverball.zuleta/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=ad77696c-757b-4ad6-a3fb-2db0fad1847a

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/troy-brosnan-has-broken-his-ankle-at-australian-national-champs.html

I can't believe how hard he hit the tree, but it looks like he broke his ankle 10 m beforehand. I hope he heals up quickly!