S30 50th birthday

DatsunPA11

So, the S30 is 50 years old this year, right?

Has anyone plans to write something about this significant birthday, found a good article in a magazine (or are mags too 'old skool' nowadays?) or participated in any good celebrations?

Something about the introduction of the Zed to Australia would be good, I'll see what I can dig up in some old "Datsun News" newsletters (ex-NMCA), we shouldn't just let this anniversary slip by unrecognised.

Jeff

There are plans that are work in progress that the Z Car Club of Queensland are undertaking with help from other Nissan - Datsun clubs from around Australia. This is for an event at Bathurst near the end of the year. Word has it and I may be wrong about this, but it will be about a week long. Good if you can attend .

There are also other events that may develop , but no firm details at present for Queensland at least that I know of .

But perhaps this forum could come up with a plan of action to celebrate this land mark event?   

I’ll be heading down and camping on site as well as joining in on the car show and hopefully parade lap around Bathurst, there will be activities, drives through out the week from Wed 27th Nov. to Sun 1st Dec. The Qld Z club are organising the festivities. They are working on the final touches that should be finalised by the end of July. 

Does anyone know when the 240Z was first offered for sale in Australia?

I looked through the 1969 'Datsun News' but there was no mention of it… just found it, launched in early October 1970, priced at $4, 567 including tax.

Bargain!

Will scan and post the feature a bit later.

Jeff

Edited by DatsunPA11
Updated info discovered.

Yep the ZCCQ is planning something big for the last week of November we are still finalising The Festival of Z to run alongside of Challenge Bathurst.

I currently have 48 x Z's competing in Group Z (5 x series 1's) which will compete in the regularity on the Saturday the 30th of November and 1st of December.

We are finalising things ATM for a Bathurst Street Festival, Country navigation runs, starting from the Wednesday the 29th of November on. 

The Friday afternoon pit-lane photo shoot with Group Z and the oldest Z Festival of Z entrants included (should be a great opportunity for some amazing photos) , then a welcoming bbq, in Pitlane with 100+  Z's or   in our corporate box above garage 1-4 . Saturday will be the main  Z Car show display and judging and a themed party that night  again in the corporate box. 

There are a few people (especially ZCCQ President Paul Clemens) doing a huge amount of work organising the  Festival of Z, if your interested in getting the latest updates and entry info please email an EOI to  paul.a.clemens@bigpond.com

I look after all the competitors from Group Z entered into the Regularity, please if your interested in competing with us and you own a Z please PM me or email me d1770@tpg.com.au  I need at least 2 more Z's 

I hope to see you all at Bathurst in November

Hi,

I am a NSW member of the Auszcar Club & a member of the Z Car Club of Sydney. With the latter car club I have organised 4 spots on pitlane @ Shannons , Eastern Creek NSW (18th August) to celebrate the 50th anniversary . In addition I have written an article on the history of the 240Z . This will shortly appear in the "Preserve" magazine of the CMC. We are also planning a meet in October re: the 50th anniversary. Lots of stuff happening !!

Hi

I am a NSW member of the Auszcar Club & a member of the Bolwell Car Club of NSW. The latter club have organised spots on pit lane @ Shannons , Eastern Creek NSW (18th, August) to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Nagari. In addition, there will be examples of the achingly, timelessly gorgeous Mk7s in the Bolwell Club allocated area. Weather permitting, I’ll have the GTO there so drop by when you tire of looking at mass produced vehicles. ;)

Edited by PeterAllen

• Administrators
On 7/14/2019 at 1:05 PM, DatsunPA11 said:

Does anyone know when the 240Z was first offered for sale in Australia?

I looked through the 1969 'Datsun News' but there was no mention of it… just found it, launched in early October 1970, priced at $4, 567 including tax.

Bargain!

Will scan and post the feature a bit later.

Jeff

In October 1969 the 240z was launched to the world, but it wasn't made available for sale in Australia immediately. I believe HS30 00004 was tested in April 1970 by automotive press at the time.

It wasn't until around October 1970 that 240z's started to appear for sale in Australia to the general public. My 1970 240z HS30 00150 has a compliance date of Oct 1970.