350Z Circuit Car

First race car I've ever bought so it's a new experience in a way. It should be interesting to drive but as we all know a bit heavy compared with the opposition, up to 100kg heavier. Anyway, some details although there is more info to come on the motor but as far as I know it's pretty well full house although the previous owner wanted lots of mid range so it's not expected to be a dyno queen, apparently the engine builder said that there was another 50 horses if wanted. Have checked her to top to bottom and made some mods including adding a 1.5 way CUSCO LSD, 4.1 ratio, plus a new all aluminium radiator with custom framed fan and a few other maintenance items. Hope to take her out to a Morgan Park practice day next Wednesday so more then.

DSCN0710.JPG

DSCN0713.JPG

DSCN0711.JPG

Started it up the other day, had removed excess exhaust plumbing at the rear which included fitting a short muffler that I had lying around, surprisingly quiet. Also fitted a wider seat, nice position now. It's strange, this is not really a project, just wanted to make sure I have a Z for CB19. If it was a starting from scratch project, geez, where to start body wise, so different from the S30 which in comparison is as simple as it gets. This thing has pieces of metal everywhere, some bolted rather than welded on. Plus I noticed that the engine could be moved back close to 200mm, depending if the false firewall is retained or not.

Anyway, should be able to get her out to Morgan Park next practice day to see whats what.

• 3 weeks later...

Morgan Park run was more for the driver, how long has it been since venturing on to a track, crazy. Anyway the driver passed the test but the brakes were rubbish so that's the excuse for converting them back to boosted then have another practice to see what we have. The muffler change did not work out, quiet at low revs but mad up the rev range a bit.