Boomerang 260z

Rex-260

Hey guys, thought I’d throw up some pictures and the story of how I came to start building this 260. 

This car belonged to my Uncle, he bought it In 2007, after having it for a few years he decided to sell it, he drove to hospital with a for sale sign in the window and somebody at the hospital decided they wanted it. My uncle woke up from an operation with no keys and some money, all sweet. 

A few months later my uncle gets a call from an impound yard, “ if you don’t come Collect your car, it will be crushed” my uncle calls the guy who bought the car let’s him know he hasn’t changed the car into his name and where he can pick it up, the guy says he’s done with it and he’s not going to pick it up because it’s wrecked!. My uncle calls up the impound yard, asks some questions and decides to go pick up the “wreck” the car had been broken into had the tyres slashed but was definitely salvageable. 

A few years later my uncle passed away and left the 260 to my dad ( along with some other cars). My other uncle comes up from Melbourne, spots the Z and tells my dad how he had tried to buy it, Dad deciding we had to many other cars to deal with at this point says he can have it.

a few years later My uncles had enough of the Z ( he had dreams of turning it into a rally car) the Z is sold to a family friend who drives it around and fixes it up a bit before moving to Darwin, and selling the Z.

a few more years go by and we’ve lost track of it, until my sister strikes up a conversation with my dad, “ if you had the chance would you get it back?” After some umms and ahhs dad says yes and he regrets letting it go after both his brothers had had a hand it building it up. 2 days later my sister pulls up in the Z gives dad the keys and tells him not to let it go again.

There’s still a few more stories about this car but I’ll leave it at that for my first post, sorry about the long read, I hope you enjoyed the story of the boomerang Dato!!E33AA9BA-C305-4BA2-ADEB-DCC3924695C2.thumb.png.b9d2c3934d6160dee24e46458b5e4932.png

64502093-3D55-4C53-B497-EAE1CDE5ACE0.jpeg

5DE69B42-8072-4F48-B906-200CEF9C201E.jpeg

3C2BB92A-1107-4E92-A090-D8CC8FF0C00B.png

F42CCFA8-BE31-44C1-B10E-3EBF95E50290.png

444DD5D8-B482-49B9-8A8A-366DF26A4A21.png