[NSW] 28/11 to 01/12 - Challenge Bathurst Discussions

24 Dat

On 2/14/2019 at 8:56 PM, Gordo said:

I know it’s early days yet, but some like to plan ahead.  For the Victorian guys there will be a group meeting at Coldstream roadhouse coffee shop and departing at 7.00am on Thursday morning 28th of November. Heading up through Yea, Bonnie Doon, and on to the Hume freeway stopping at the Road House just after Wangaratta at about 9.50am. Meeting others coming from Melbourne.

plan on arriving at Bathurst  between 4.30pm And 5.00pm.

Two guys coming from Tassie on Wednesday are welcome to crash at my house for the night.

This is good to know. That's going to be a long day! When do you (and everyone else) plan on heading back to VIC? trying to organise my annual leave. 

Also, what are most planning to do for accomodation? Camp or motel/hotel?

Last year after the Sunday racing, presentation and putting the car on the trailer I was ready for a rest. A lot of the guys camp as did I. Was a great way of meeting people. Group bbqs and get togethers after dinner. 

We packed up early Monday morning and left about 8.00am for Melbourne. Don’t think I could drive part way home on Sunday after the weekend..  it’s only three days off work. Thursday,Friday and Monday.

Cool, I was thinking of camping too. I wouldn't want to drive too far after a track day either, although at this stage I probably wont be hitting the track, but definitely planning on driving up in my bus. Thanks Gordo!

For those arriving on Thursday night, you could volunteer as a flaggie for the Friday supersprint ! Get to be absolutely trackside for the day, watch some amazingly fast machinery scream past a meter or two from your flagpoint, and get free camping in the paddock behind the pits all weekend, pass to get your car through the tunnel and in and out of the campground all weekend, free t shirt, cap, jacket, food and, if they do it again this year, a free "volunteer appreciation lap" at speed around Mt Panorama in the passenger seat of one of the "V8Supercar experience" cars.

No experience required !

It is a thoroughly enjoyable experience, well worth trying it at least once (unless it rains as heavy as it did in 2017.......).

Edited by 1600dave

We are still working on The Festival of Z and what we will be able to do, a few of us are travelling to Bathurst the weekend before and at a minimum go for a few country drives and check out the area in the days leading up.

No need for a pass this year for getting in and out of the tunnel it will be open to all.

Anyone who enters the Festival of Z officially, (send an EOI to Paul Clemens to get on the contact list) we will have a dedicated parking area at Hell Corner for the Z's and from there easy access to the Garages 1-9 where the 50+ Z's will be parked from the Friday afternoon, and access to the corporate boxes above garage 1-4 which has an awesome view down Pit Straight, around Hell corner and then up Mountain Straight. (check it out on Google maps it is the area at the western end of the pit lane)

Friday afternoon the 29th , 6.30 pm once the competitors have moved into there garages, we are  planning a special photo shoot for all the competition Z's on one side of the Pit lane with the 50+ lowest vin numbers Club Z's on the other side of the lane. should make for a epic photo, also huge car show of Z's Saturday and Sunday.    

For anyone wanting to volunteer and get the free accommodation or camping bonuses that we arrange please contact Paul Clemens President of the ZCCQ paul.a.clemens@bigpond.com or PM me 

Save the dates from as early as Monday the 25th of November the start of The Festival of Z (more info will be posted as plans are worked out)

Super Sprints 28th -29th of November

Regularity 30th November and 1st of December (Group Z currently has 52 Z's)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, just bumping this event. If you want to get involved it’s not to late. Either the track event or the car shows. There a massive weekend of Motorsport for the enthusiast and social gatherings. Camp at the track or book your accommodation. Don’t take to long as the event is almost full. It will be a weekend to remember. Hope to see you there.  Gordo 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is coming up fast . If you intend to go - start checking out your accommodation now. If you don't want to stay in the "dorm" like accommodation at the site - there are a number of motels still available from $90 per night. Most of these can be booked for no deposit and accommodation will be held until late in November . There is generally no cancellation fee - even if you cancel in November. A glance at the preliminary calendar of events - means that the organisers are trying to duplicate events each day so that no one misses out over this period of planned events. The only variation is that all prize giving will be on Saturday evening.

• Administrators

I've moved this to the events section and pinned it for extra attention. I can also create a global site banner to promote this event.

• Administrators
On 7/28/2019 at 6:54 PM, Zorro said:

This is coming up fast . If you intend to go - start checking out your accommodation now. If you don't want to stay in the "dorm" like accommodation at the site - there are a number of motels still available from $90 per night. Most of these can be booked for no deposit and accommodation will be held until late in November . There is generally no cancellation fee - even if you cancel in November. A glance at the preliminary calendar of events - means that the organisers are trying to duplicate events each day so that no one misses out over this period of planned events. The only variation is that all prize giving will be on Saturday evening.

On 7/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, C.A.F. said:

I've merged these threads, even though it was mentioned it was about accommodation having this information scattered throughout multiple posts is confusing. I got a club email today asking about this and I couldn't find the accommodation discussion until now. I am cleaning up the events section in general to make it easier to manage and see what's happening.

• gav240z changed the title to [NSW] 28/11 to 01/12 - Challenge Bathurst Discussions
8 hours ago, HKSZ said:

I'm thinking of road tripping one of my rally cars up for the Festival, will the road (circuit) be open outside of racing times or closed the whole event?

If your question is "can I drive the circuit sometime over the weekend" then the answer is no.  The track is generally closed to all but resident access from Tuesday or Wednesday right through to the following Tuesday.

You can walk the track but you can't drive it.

Roger

It’s actually a good chance to be able to do a ‘track walk’ of an evening, without all the usual sightseers driving around aimlessly. so you can actually walk the racing line without worrying about being mowed down. I think you get a better feel for the whole circuit on foot. A group of us did it first event with an experienced racer pointing out lines, tips and tricks, etc. I found walking it a much better experience than just trundling around in a car at 60k’s

Edited by 1600dave

• 1 month later...

24 days to go until start of the Festival of Z 

UPDATE on GROUP Z   We now have 51 x  Z's competing in Group Z at Challenge Bathurst on the Saturday and Sunday, covering all Z models, including 44 x S30's, 5 of them Series 1 cars

It will be an incredible and historic Z sight and sound as these Z's all come around Murray's Corner and onto Pit Straight for the first time on Saturday morning the 30th of November and for each of the 5 other runs over Saturday and Sunday 

Not only that but the oldest 50 x Z's who enter the Festival of Z will be able to line up opposite these race cars for the Historic Friday afternoon photo shoot in Pit Lane just before the Welcoming Party on the 29th of Nov

The Festival of Z     If you want to be a part of this once in a lifetime event, you need to enter your Z and yourself into the Festival of Z, by the 11th of November,  to have access to the Nissan Hell Corner Corporate Suite for the 4 days of Challenge Bathurst,  the Friday Night Welcoming Party and the Saturday night 70's Themed Presentation Dinner, the Friday Russell Street Z Car display be a part of the Show and Shine and all the great country runs around the beautiful Bathurst Region. 

You only have until the 11th of November to enter and take full advantage of the Festival of Z and all it has to offer.

Please download entry forms from https://www.viczcar.com/forums/topic/18305-nsw-2811-to-0112-challenge-bathurst-event-details/ or    https://zcarclubq.org.au/festival-of-z/

On 11/2/2019 at 4:56 PM, 24 Dat said:

Not only that but the oldest 50 x Z's who enter the Festival of Z will be able to line up opposite these race cars for the Historic Friday afternoon photo shoot in Pit Lane just before the Welcoming Party on the 29th of Nov...

So if I take a week off work, drive from Qld and pay for accommodation, only to discover I'm the 51st oldest Z then I'm told to "sod off".

Please explain?

1 hour ago, PeterAllen said:

So if I take a week off work, drive from Qld and pay for accommodation, only to discover I'm the 51st oldest Z then I'm told to "sod off".

Please explain?

Perhaps it depends on weather getting your picture taken is the only reason to attend the Z celebration and watch lots of Zeds in action at the best circuit in the world.

• gav240z unfeatured and unpinned this topic