Wags’ 240z nut and bolt restoration

Wags

All fuel and brake lines are in.
Battery tray is bolted in.
Front end is going together now.
I'm taking my time and doing it right.

I'll be back to it on Monday (15th) as I have a Monaro to finish tomorrow...

Edited by C.A.F.

26 minutes ago, gilltech said:

The man is an artisan nothing less. The finished car should immediately be put on the concours d'elegance show circuit and forever more be trailered, not driven. :D 

Hahaha, how dare you?!, I didn’t squish 244 odd ponies into the engine bay to trailer it...it will see a lot of miles and coffee shops/bar car parks on weekends. It’s a car that needs to be driven to enjoy.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, gav240z said:

When do we get the gender colour reveal party?

I think Locky is keen on a colour reveal after the body is painted and panels are put in place. For the sake of showmanship i will say that...it is not a factory tin of paint.

Edited by Wags
Change

Now you're really teasing us.

Like I suggested before, this is a work of art that's too good to drive. Just imagine the sinking feeling when you find the first stone chip... or first carpark door ding... :'( 

Fantastic work in any case.

Edited by gilltech

Where did you get it?  I bought one from the US with base and general shape?quality very good. However, the glass/metal was not beveled and due to this it ‘flopped’ in the mirror frame while moving (admittedly, the dirt road on the way from where it is stored would loosen anything but still very unsettling).   Think I solved with a bead of silicon but have not done many miles since. 

Car looks amazing in monochrome. 

2 hours ago, Huw said:

Where did you get it?  I bought one from the US with base and general shape?quality very good. However, the glass/metal was not beveled and due to this it ‘flopped’ in the mirror frame while moving (admittedly, the dirt road on the way from where it is stored would loosen anything but still very unsettling).   Think I solved with a bead of silicon but have not done many miles since. 

Car looks amazing in monochrome. 

Rising sun Racing in Bristol Tenn. they sell OEM Left side mirrors and reproduce this right side mirror. It’s about $200 AUD delivered.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:24 AM, Wags said:

Just ordered a new RHD (so hard to find) outside mirror from a Japanese racing car company in the US. Looks like an amazing reproduction! 

EE06CC99-6731-416E-BB87-6C597DC8FCBF.jpeg

I'm glad to see it will be 'mirroring' the original.

IMG_20210325_094127639.thumb.jpg.133f3f627472aa2267037d21aeb73f14.jpg