Wags’ 240z nut and bolt restoration

Wags

1 hour ago, NickF said:

Just wondering about corner balancing would you notice on a road car especially with condition of Australian roads?or is done because of the changes made to the suspension?to ensure set up is correct.

Thanks 

Nick

Dr Fowler would be best placed to answer that.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:47 PM, NickF said:

Just wondering about corner balancing would you notice on a road car especially with condition of Australian roads?or is done because of the changes made to the suspension?to ensure set up is correct.

Thanks 

Nick

Mainly done for race car especially cars with very stiff spring rate, the higher the spring rate a small change in height would cause a much bigger imbalance in weight distribution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tacho is back from the instrument maker today. Apparently had a faulty board. This is the last restored piece to go into the car. Now we have a couple of adjustments, final operations test and checks of all components/functions, professional detail, professional photos…then transport to me in Canberra.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it was an amazing journey and I am so happy that the car is with me. Special thanks to Locky at CAR for the project management for delivery of the turn key project. 

Going for rego inspection tomorrow morning and then, if there’s no hiccups, it’s straight to the registry for new plates.

excited to get out there.

17 minutes ago, Wags said:

first day to go out for a drive

What setting (soft/mid/firm) have you got on the adjustable shocks?

Interested to hear as to what you recommend after driving around with them at different settings..

2 hours ago, AndBir said:

What setting (soft/mid/firm) have you got on the adjustable shocks?

Interested to hear as to what you recommend after driving around with them at different settings..

One turn up from full soft

2 hours ago, Wags said:

First day without rain and first day to go out for a drive. Jeebus it pulls hard! Once again, thanks to Locky Fowler at CAR for the entire project management of this vehicle. 

It's wild how it changes shades in the sun... And yes it's not slow at all!

It's been a massive pleasure to build it for you and I miss having it in the workshop already...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Wags, just wondering where you bought the USB outlet you installed under the cigarette lighter in your car. Want to do the same thing but all I can find online is USB's with coloured lights, bells, gauges and whistles - not the look I want.

Cheers Paul