L28 Engine Breather Advice Req’d

greggy2710

I’m after some advice, suggestions what other people have done with the engine breather when using triple Webber’s, as per in the attached photos.

I’m concerned about putting a filter next to my extractors. Any photos of what other people have done would be appreciated.

Thanks

E9AB2948-3B53-4DFB-9260-76D07251CCB7.jpeg

744DD2F8-8961-410F-8CF2-473E02F064FE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I run a K&N style filter from the breather with Zstory headers.  Daily driven for a few years and not a problem with the filter.  The system is a legacy from when I had triple DCOEs but I now run round top hitachis on the stroker motor.

I also run a road draft pipe from the rocker cover down next to the gearbox to stop crankcase vapour pooling in the filter and dripping out.  It’s tech from the 50s but its doing the job until I can force myself to get a proper catch can system.

FE0DC0C2-BB7B-4A6F-B874-3FD891A1D21D.jpeg

5014C2C5-041C-4BDB-828B-D2D70AEC1728.jpeg

DD63C3EB-BFBA-4396-8F46-BF2B43A8A2BD.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Hi there, 

I am running a Holley 4 barrel fuel injection throttle body on my 240Z and the oxy sensor is located in the exhaust pipe just after the extractors  collector. So my question is can the Vac-U-Pan venturi tube be fitted about 300 mm after the oxy sensor so that any blow by doesn't give false rich readings? And will it still work if fitted that far down the exhaust pipe?

IMG_4680.JPG

Edited by Mick-in-Tas
Removed off topic question. Will ask in new thread as instructed.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mick-in-Tas said:

Also off topic, but does anyone know where I can get a decent roof turret from to get rid of that awful 1980's kmart sun roof.

Start a new thread for that.