engine choice

Shaun_260z

Hey guys so im about to start restoring my 260z, and was after a bit of advice, the car came with a l26 im not too sure if its worth me spending money on the l26 or doing the same work to a l28. Im not going to be doing anything crazy for power just efi, cam and itbs really so any information would be helpful even if anyone can point me towords where i can buy ITBs and Efi kits

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, Shaun_260z said:

worth me spending money on the l26 or doing the same work to a l28.

If it is the matching number/original engine then probably best working on that however, the old adage "there is no replacement for displacement" means if you want the best power using the same bolt on hardware then the L28 is the better choice.

On 7/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, Shaun_260z said:

Hey guys so im about to start restoring my 260z, and was after a bit of advice, the car came with a l26 im not too sure if its worth me spending money on the l26 or doing the same work to a l28. Im not going to be doing anything crazy for power just efi, cam and itbs really so any information would be helpful even if anyone can point me towords where i can buy ITBs and Efi kits

Thank you.

Do you really want to stay L series?

By the time you spend money on ECU, hardware, harness, pump and tank mods and dyno  time it will be a big number and you may be underwhelmed with the result.

Im biased but there are some good alternatives out there.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Shaun_260z said:

i honestly just want to stay L series so im on the hunt for a l28 with gearbox and loom and anything else i really need even if somones selling a efi kit and itb set up 

Hi

I would be on the lookout for a rusted out but complete 280ZX, that way you know that you have everything that you.

Well that is what I did with mine.

Cheers

PB