Hunter

I am looking for some ITB's for my L3.096 Stroker. What looks to be available on the market at the moment is.

JENVEY https://store.jenvey.co.uk/throttle-body-kits/nissan/nissan-datsun-cknn03-1

EFI HARDWARE https://www.efihardware.com/products/2005/Nissan-L-series-6-cyl-pro-series-tapered-bore-kit-with-high-performance-Japanese-manifold-45mm

OER http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/7830659/oer-itb-kit-for-l6.html

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Edited by Hunter
Correction

• Administrators

Depends on what you want to get out of them!

No experience with Jenvey, but I know @Zedman240® had the EFI hardware on his L24 powered 240z and I went for a ride in it. Link here. They seem to have plenty of grunt and it was only an L24. He removed all the sound deadening in the car, so it's very noisy in the cabin.

As for OERs I have heard mixed things about them in terms of casting quality. I believe the earlier "SK's" were better, but haven't had first hand experience. 

You might want to ask Josel in SFO about his experience moving from 44's to OER 47's. Facebook profile here. He rebuilds carbs for fun Sidedraft specialities.

When I asked him why he was getting rid of his Mikuni 44's, he told me that for the money he got selling the 44's, he could buy a brand new set of OERs with manifolds etc.. and have some change left over. He cited the OERs as being superior because you can make many of the adjustments to accelerator pump etc.. with the carbs still on the car. With Mikuni's you need to remove them to adjust etc..also the take weber jets.

For me I like my Mikuni/Solex carbs because they are period correct, will hold their value (and may increase over time) and my experience with them on my own 240z has been excellent. I love them!

2 minutes ago, gav240z said:

As for OERs I have heard mixed things about them in terms of casting quality. I believe the earlier "SK's" were better, but haven't had first hand experience.

I think Hunter was talking about the OER ITBs rather than the carbs!

I have no experience with any ITBs, but have you looked at the Jenvey Heritages? They look like DCOEs so appear almost period correct.

Gav, Thanks for that information, looking at more Fuel Injection.

Brent, Yes looked at the Heritage, they are limited in fuel injector choice, especially for my engine capicity.

Greg, The EP Performance look interesting, had experience with them?

Lampy, 3.096 Stroker, uses a LD28 crank from a diesel, 48mm to 50mm I think will be adequate, Just size the injectors right.

Lurch, Just eating popcorn? surely you would have some advice?

Edited by Hunter
Correction

Oh yes Lachlan, correction 3.096L thanks for the pick-up on my Slystexia. 

I am actually looking for some thoughts from you guys on ideal induction. let us call it, 3.1L. Most likely use Haltech Elite.

Edited by Hunter

I have no experience with the EP throttle bodies. It did a bit of research on throttle bodies when I was thinking of going NA for my car and of everything I could find they looked like the best value.

With a throttle body really just a butterfly and an injector I couldn't could see the value in some of the more expensive ones.

Really... really wish you hadn't posted that...lol

I just started looking at the Haltech 750 with ITB in mind, thinking this is going to take my 2 years to work out exactly what I need to do.... Plenty of time to convince myself this is completely unnecessary ........lol.

Good luck with the build, sounds awesome , and that's one nice looking kit ;D

Edited by RAP260

9 minutes ago, RAP260 said:

Hey @CBR Jeffand @Lurch,

What control systems are you running? 

Cheers, 

Rob 

Just had a good chuckel about this thread..........

I have Motec for my engine. Its not in the car yet as the car is not ready.

Have a look at this, it may answer some questions and save some typing.

https://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/15125-l24-stroker-build/

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, 

I'm not interested in a stoker, myself. But the whole ITB thing is very interesting. Maybe too interesting for my own good ;D

Like @Hunter, I'm interested in exploring other people's opinions /experiences.

Cheers, 

Rob 

Ps. In my case, it's all @gav240z fault for posting that Skid Factory video about the EFI conversion. Started thinking, I can do that.... Lol

Edited by RAP260

Just some specs I found of the Engine Build.

Stroked Datsun L28 engine - L3.098, CR 9.5:1

- Miltons Motorsport built bottom end (cost $4900 to build) , F54 280zx block, scalloped nitrided polished dowelled LD28 crank($2500), Kameari 89.5mm flattop pistons($1600), polished/modified L24 conrods, ARP bolts , ACL RACE bearings

- ex-BRE SCCA N42 head with Nissan Motorsports red cam ( have been told that it is 80deg), freshened up with 5 angle valve grind for better flow, new seals and uprated 8000rpm Kameari valve springs

- Nissan Motorsports high volume sump and Tomei gasket

- Lightweight waterpump pulley and polished covers

- New Eagle 9mm leads

- New Mallory electronic dizzy with Mallory adjustable rev ignition and coil

- New chain, sprockets, guides

- Cometic metal head gasket

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Cozza said:

That’s sounds like it’s going to be fun Hunter

I would have put in a thumbs up emoji but I wasn’t allowed :(

On your phone? I will fix the database to support that in future.

11 hours ago, gav240z said:

On your phone? I will fix the database to support that in future.

Thanks Gav,

Yeah, on my phone. Spell check and auto capitalisation also does not work on my phone when on this forum only.