Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

1974 Datsun 260Z SPORTS Manual Coupe

$41,000

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kenilworth/cars-vans-utes/1974-datsun-260z-sports-manual-coupe/1261068999

image.png.fc4619cc10300c53d6334b5339c7fefa.png

Restoration details as follows...
Professional bare metal repaint -
Engine is L28 .040" oversize bore - New rings and bearings and valves ground.
New oil pump and timing chain - Perry extractors into 2.5" system.
Arizona Z car Intake manifold using 4 barrel 'Quick Fuel' (Holley) Carburetor.
280ZX Electronic distributor.
Front and rear brakes major rebuild.
Gear box and Rear end untouched (No oil leaks).
280ZX Alloy wheels and new tyres.
Front and rear bumpers rechromed - New windscreen and body rubbers.
New carpet on floors - Seats professionally rebuilt -
Dash is a bit rough which is fairly typical.
Sale will include a 'truckload' of spares including a gearbox and rear end.
The car has travelled only 700ks since it was rebuilt and registered.
Heater system is not plumbed and there's no radio.
Drives and sounds like it should. Registered to 5 Feb 2021.
I've just turned 79 and now realize I can't really justify owning this lovely 260Z. If I was 20/30 years younger....different story.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not Datsun or S30Z specific. I am tracking several cars on CarSales (thanks to the star icon you can save certain cars) - it's my little wish list. :). Anyway I get notifications daily of price m

Hi all Just bought this 260z from Carlos @ Classic Sports Ex Targa Rally car (some of you may remember its been up for sale for a while)  Im  going put myL28 in with triple webers  (out of my Dam

It's nice to be recognised.

Posted Images

On 11/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, gav240z said:

This sold for a tad over 39k. Interest seemed low until the late stages. Went for less than I thought it was going to but you never know with modified cars like this. 

Jeff

• Administrators

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/datsun-240z-1973/sse-ad-6916028/

73 240z with the dealer bull bar still on it... asking $60k

1973 Datsun 240Z
Are you interested in a 1973 240Z that has not required rusty sections cut and replaced, that has not had the engine modified or replaced by some other engine? The car is near original with the following improvements- four piston calliper front brakes for improved braking and electric steering to help when parking. New seat belts. The suspension springs have been replaced recently to avoid scrapping on crossovers. The seats have been reupholstered and Datsun mag wheels fitted. There is a new carpet set. 
 It has the 5 speed manual gearbox
The odometer reads 45, 657 miles
I have owned the car for 20 plus years and I have not used it for racing. It is currently on club plates.
There is a quantity of 240/260Z spare parts that go with the car including - a 280ZX diff [3.7] manifold, carbs, springs complete 260Z dash complete with instruments and wiring, cylinder head.\, rocker cover
Price   $60,000

2zdmcs20pmvxmeee3qsk8q3yl.jpg

On 11/19/2020 at 8:56 AM, CBR Jeff said:

This sold for a tad over 39k. Interest seemed low until the late stages. Went for less than I thought it was going to

I agree that it seems a tad low, although there is $3000 in purchaser commission on top of that.  Also, Is it a widely known site for selling (and buying)?

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

I agree that it seems a tad low, although there is $3000 in purchaser commission on top of that.  Also, Is it a widely known site for selling (and buying)?

I don't think it is that well known, but they have had a few Zs for a while. Race/Track cars in general can be a funny market.

but this one, you can see has an early hatch, and the rear quarter vents possibly filled. probably doesnt look as good in person as it does in the pictures.