Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

C'mon guys the gold 260z has sold!

Stop crying and move on already  :'(

I've listed my blue 280zx again, this time registered and with continuing repairs etc

Item no; 260416070375

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Datsun-280zx_W0QQitemZ260416070375QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item3ca201e2e7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Winning bid: AU $9,000.00 

12 bids

Is it just me or do others here think Ebay responsible for some seriously overpriced bidding, whilst this Zed looks reasonable, the detailed pics I saw show the car in a much different light with extensive rust in all the usual places and a very poor interior.............whilst $9k is a great result for the seller, the buyer would be up for big $$ to restore this car....my guess would be around $20k for body and interior plus bumpers etc.......easily pushing the total cost past $30k +.

What I think has happened is that people won't view the car in person, so bid sky-high thinking the damn thing's perfect!

Or maybe there is ebay 'tampering' going on. How easy would it be for them to set up a program that shill bids for them in order to raise their final value fee?

• Moderators

I'm sure what happens is some of the sellers "friends" help by pushing the price up, and if they end up winning it, re-list and say the previous winner stuffed them around...they rely on the genuine bidder to win at any cost and try not to push it too high.

• Administrators
  • Administrators

That looks like an absolute steal Gav!

I'd probably offer less than his / her asking price. Looks like it has some rust in it that needs attention. Plus I would definitely be looking to turn it into a GTR replica (the standard 240K front end is horrible).

Deck it out with flares and Wat's and you have a very unique classic car.

• Administrators

Go on Gav, then turn it into something like these

2001064798310397022_rs.jpg

RT3-062.jpg

Really I'd love to, but 2 problems exist right now.

1.) Nowhere to put it and if I had the room I'd be buying another 240z :)

2.) I'm not in Australia right now so its really not a good idea.

I hope someone else picks her up though and decides to do it.

• Administrators

Aren't they rarer than 240z's though?

That's the first time I've seen one in years, but it's the first time I've looked for one aswell!  :P

The coupe's are pretty rare now. They used to be everywhere but time has ravaged many of them and others ended up on the scrap heap to be picked and prodded for parts. There is still quite a few sedans around but Coupe's I've not seen 1 on the road for a few years now.

Even in Wagga, home of the old car (although that's changing fast), the only datto I've seen with a '2' in the model name, apart from my 280zx, is a brown 280c that stalls when it turns corners! Very entertaining to see such a 'once-was' sophisticated saloon behaving like this!

Sorry for the hijack, but ebay is looking bare!

Good Zeds are so hard to find unless your willing to pay 5k+(which i would if i had that much), i cant wait till i save up enough money, i wish i had time to work even if its part time  >:(

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-240Z-Factory-Lime-Yellow-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ170338932081QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item27a8fdd571&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Dont know if you guys have seen this one, looks very clean.

I feel like im slipping further away from getting a 240-260z   :'(

Whats even worse is my dad just got a Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor saying that i could drive it but i remembered a few days later after being elated for 3 days that turbo and supercharged cars are banned to p-platers (which i got only 2 months ago still 2 years and 10 months to go).

I now feel as if i might as well walk everywhere, its probably faster (highly doubtful)  :(

Sorry for my rant in just really pissed off.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic