Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

3 years outside!

That'll be riddled with termanal rust now sadly :(

Considering his username is kntowing, have to wonder what it was like when he got it... Might be a tow truck driver and have done a free removal on it for someone, and decided to keep it...

Ok the ebay threads

I was wondering if i was ging to see the one i just brought on here

I got the guy to end the auction early

Not sure if it was a good deal but it seems to be done ok in the body

Got some work to do before it ever hit the road liek some decent wheels arches etc as well as a tough engine

ohh the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220410756333&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

• Administrators

• Administrators

That's a 2 seater, and a bloody good price from the looks of it.

Sorry that was a typo, I meant 2 seater :).

Funny you used to be able to pick up a 240z like that for around $3k a few years ago.

Funny you used to be able to pick up a 240z like that for around $3k a few years ago.

That car is mechanically much better than mine, but the body is in not as good condition, and my 260 cost 6500, so I'd say its about spot on the money for todays market. Then again mine was a bargain and the 260 2 seaters are the rarest breed  8)

whoooa...thats very nice.

Ive just sent him a email, asking if the zed is in wagga or canberra (its not clear)...

If its in canberra I can check it out for any prospective biders.

EDIT..

just spoke to him...car is in wagga , ex Canberra car. tiny rust spot in front of rear wheel arch (bottom)...and minor spot at hatch panel at top of tailight.

door trims a bit tatty & fadded, but remainder of trim is excellent.

hes going to email me some more pics so I can put up..

The good news is there is no NO RESERVE...the reserve is $6500 !

Im tempted to have a go at this...along with 20 other guys ! muuuuuur  :P

further to Gavs previous post, The guy sent me some additional pics, Id rate the car at 6.5/10 as a complete unit...a few more rust spots than what I thought, the under carriage looked clean though. door trims stuffed, dash was perfect. if you can get it for between $6500-7000 its a reasonable start ...in my opionion.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-260Z-2-SEATER-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ180358065063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item180358065063&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2

Thinking of going to have a look at this one.

Toying with the idea of joining the bus brigade for a while now, this just might be it.

2 seaters with a wife and child just doesn't work.

Not that i wouldn't mind buying a shell and doing it from there but i have no room to do it, so im going to need something already on the road and slowly get things done.

The downside to being 19 jobless and partially broke  :(

Not that i wouldn't mind buying a shell and doing it from there but i have no room to do it, so im going to need something already on the road and slowly get things done.

The downside to being 19 jobless and partially broke  :(

The upside is that you'd have all the time in the world to work on it. I bought my 240 when I was between jobs and got stuck into it, stripping it to a bare shell, but got a job and since then it has just sat there.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic