Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

Wasn't me mossy, Peter mpr69 went all the way up there "newcastle" and it was a waste

of time . 2 car bodies, 1 box of boggy parts and a shite load of rubbish.....

As I say car bodies I mean car bodies nothing else ,driveline, suspension etc....All missing....

Did anyone notice in the relisted version of this, there is a photo of what looks to be a turbo exhaust manifold and dump pipe, possibly L28ET (sitting on top of an EFI intake manifold)?  Also looks like on top of the wheels there might be a second EFI intake without the pollution crap, although it may be the one in the other photo but viewed from the other side. 

It looks like the two cars share a communal bonnet....

Peopless thought's on this?

Thinking that a transplant could be in order to a Wolf 3D controlled L28ET

Up the road from me, His got some problems with it...Wont start..Turns over but wont kick..

Might be a good buy if you can get it cheap....The body looks pretty good thou..

Hi,

Turns out after stripping my shell its worse than I thought  :'(. I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on this one (possible replacement shell):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-240Z-Shell-1973-includes-VIN-plate-R-A-R-E_W0QQitemZ220376735898QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item220376735898&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

The shell looks pretty straight, although they state some front damage (perhaps some of the Ballarat boys may have some inside info). I have the feeling its a bit too good to be true.

Cheers,

Add.

• Moderators

Add, That 240 shell looks like your typical rusty 240. Rails under the floor look like they have been removed as have some parts of the floor. But with the chassis, specially after an accident, I'd be more concerned about chassis squareness than rust. He/she says looks like its been repaired well according to them but you don't know for sure..Have they had it on a jig to make sure? If you can afford to buy it and find out that should be ok, but if you can't it might be a gamble. You have to think why are they getting rid of it for... Inspection would be a must!

• 2 weeks later...

If it indeed has no chassis damage, then this is a bargan for someone!

It's an easy fix too...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-1973-240z_W0QQitemZ290307074786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item290307074786&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Item number: 290307074786

Salvage rights --- pfff

Insurance companys generally evaluate to the cent and repair to save a cent

In the first instance, Im curious at the ease this car has been written off given the stated minimal damage

$4k or $5.5k buy now, I dont think so

• Moderators

I think it depends if he actually wants the car back and how much of an enthusiast he is?? Probably doesnt care and wants to buy a Holden Vectra or something. Got a payout and needs some extra cash for his "ahem" dream car...Another gamble but if it is completely rooted, you should be able to get some cash back if you wreck it.

I think it depends if he actually wants the car back and how much of an enthusiast he is?? Probably doesnt care and wants to buy a Holden Vectra or something. Got a payout and needs some extra cash for his "ahem" dream car...Another gamble but if it is completely rooted, you should be able to get some cash back if you wreck it.

Your probably right

Fair call....

guys I think everyone has misunderstood a bit..

He is a panel beater who probably had the car delivered to him by the tow truck company

The insurers have written off the car and paid-out the owner.

The insurer has probably decided its not worth selling the damaged car at auction. The panel beater has more than likely "adopted" the car and now would like to sell it for a quid...fair enough.  OR the car was towed to his premises "possibly" with no insurance and after a statuatory period of time and advertising, the car becomes the possesion of the panel beater.

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon that wide body one is the one that came up a couple of weeks ago with another Zed (260 2+2 IIRC) that was being sold to collect unpaid storage?  Says he doesn't know the history, so I'd say he collected the two of them, kept the doors and single bonnet for himself, and is selling the shell...

I reckon that wide body one is the one that came up a couple of weeks ago with another Zed (260 2+2 IIRC) that was being sold to collect unpaid storage?  Says he doesn't know the history, so I'd say he collected the two of them, kept the doors and single bonnet for himself, and is selling the shell...

Yes your right..Thats the same bloke i brought my gearbox off up in newcastle..

He buys Zeds and parts them out..

metallica2289( 57) ....His name is Lindsay

• 2 weeks later...
  • gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic