Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

If you are posting links to cars listed on ebay, it would be greatly appreciated if you could:

1.) Post the Ebay Item Number (usually located in the top right hand corner), along with the Ebay link. Sometimes ebay links are not reliable or don't work properly so including an item number is an easy way for others to look up the item if the link is broken.

2.) When the ebay listing is finished, if you could post the sale price and or the highest bid (if the item does not sell). If others are not watching an item, we cannot visit the item at a later stage easily so we cannot tell what it sold or didn't sell for.

3.) If possible save a few photo's from the auction and post them here. This is useful because it gives everyone an indication of current values and what you get for your money if you are looking to buy or sell.

This will help us all, for insurance reasons we have some proof of current values. For selling it helps us gauge our cars true worth and for curiosity sake we can compare year on year the values of our cars etc..

If anyone has further suggestions to this, please feel free to share them here.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

I think we should make this an ebay thread. What I mean is that any car found on ebay should be added to this thread instead of creating a new thread each time. That way we can keep all ebay ads and history in the 1 place.

• Administrators

• Administrators

just missed out on the lime green 240z on ebay mentioned above, computer didn't refresh quick enough. :'( missed by seconds, always the way i guess. :P

That car was a bargain, in my opinion from the photos an excellent buy for the money. I almost feel I should have bought it, since it was so original. Did the owner still have the old L24 motor?

it sure was a bargain, i would've bid alot higher if i didn't find out new years day my work was shutting down for good, pity.

not sure if he had the original engine as well, would think it would've been in the listing & i didn't ask.

hope there's more bargains out there to come ;D

Goodtimes you have said you willing to spend up to $20,000 and you missed out on this fine example.

If i were going to spend up to 20k i sure wouldn't be blaming my computer, I bid to win that means

bid big to make sure you win. If you think that another 240z in that condition and at the price is coming along your kidding yourself.

At lease you have a 240z matchbox car to keep you entertained.

One who hesitates................need i say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$20,000.00

$11,205.00-

$ 8,795.00  worth of fun bits

i think you misunderstood my last post.

i had to change the amount i was willing to spend until i find another job, as i found out new years day that i will not have one very soon. i had to make a decision & wasn't willing to gamble more than what i bid.

these things happen, time to move on & find something else. still have my project car anyway!  :)

• Administrators

Goodtimes you have said you willing to spend up to $20,000 and you missed out on this fine example.

If i were going to spend up to 20k i sure wouldn't be blaming my computer, I bid to win that means

bid big to make sure you win. If you think that another 240z in that condition and at the price is coming along your kidding yourself.

At lease you have a 240z matchbox car to keep you entertained.

One who hesitates................need i say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$20,000.00

$11,205.00-

$ 8,795.00   worth of fun bits

Problem with Ebay is that their are programs like: http://www.auctionsniper.com/ - need I say anymore.

When I got here Christmas Eve I was looking for a cheap acoustic guitar to practice on while I was here (I play in a band in Dublin and wanted to stay in practice), anyway after stuffing around and loosing out at the last second on ebay all the time - I just got fed up.

The Yellow 240Z sold that for $11,205. I saw the car. Flew up to Brisbane to have a look and I did placed a bid. Some of you may have not realised, it was an Auto conversion (plate did state 'Auto' apart from other obvious giveaways) There were areas full of rust bubbles (dog leg etc even though the car had anti rust "system"). So, yes, clean 240 in comparison to many other recently sold or offered for sale on Ebay, although far from exceptonal in my opinion.

but worth the price i imagine. you can do a lot worse for 11k.

gav, despite those sniper things the man with the fattest pocket wins. no sniper is going to outbid a higher bid. if you're prepared to pay x amount you bid that much at the end of the auction and if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

and you didn't lose those guitar bids because of the last second. you lost cause you didn't bid high enough.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic