Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

12 hours ago, road rider said:

12 hours ago, road rider said:

both have been up for a little while, the 1970 has been up for a fair bit longer. Market seems to have slowed down a little, or people only want to pay $80k+ for really well restored S30s. 

3 hours ago, OdinZ said:

both have been up for a little while, the 1970 has been up for a fair bit longer. Market seems to have slowed down a little, or people only want to pay $80k+ for really well restored S30s. 

You could be right, but IMHO I think the current z market merely looks like it has plateaued or slowed up due to some of the examples been offered up for sale not really being in top restored condition. Looking at carsales, the pick for me is the orange 260z for about 95k. It’s a beautiful restoration with lots of LCR work under the hood and a full rebuild all round. It’s the only one that looks as though it’s had a full rotisserie in recent times. The others look perfectly fine but I think the average price we are currently seeing is for cars that have mild/little restoration work done on them. I think if 3 concourse condition 240’s were to hit carsales tomorrow they would exist in the 130-150 bracket and that would alter peoples perceptions of where the market is truly at. 
OR, I could be totally wrong and have my head up my ar$e. 

• Administrators

I tend to agree the calibre of cars on the market is really a lot of cars that still need restoration work done with unknown issues below their aged paint jobs. I haven't seen a properly restored car for sale in a while now to really gauge the market for them. I've seen a lot of early restored rotary's like R100, RX-2, RX-3 asking above $150k in the last year though and seemingly selling.. 

2 minutes ago, Wags said:

You could be right, but IMHO I think the current z market merely looks like it has plateaued or slowed up due to some of the examples been offered up for sale not really being in top restored condition. Looking at carsales, the pick for me is the orange 260z for about 95k. It’s a beautiful restoration with lots of LCR work under the hood and a full rebuild all round. It’s the only one that looks as though it’s had a full rotisserie in recent times. The others look perfectly fine but I think the average price we are currently seeing is for cars that have mild/little restoration work done on them. I think if 3 concourse condition 240’s were to hit carsales tomorrow they would exist in the 130-150 bracket and that would alter peoples perceptions of where the market is truly at. 
OR, I could be totally wrong and have my head up my ar$e. 

There was a very nicely restore 260z with an LCR motor that sold for around $80k last year, barely hit the open market.

but yes, some of the cars on the market now are not the nicest examples for the money. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1124461191428428/
$100k

Fastest street 240z in Australia , 593 atw , 9.8@136 with plenty left in the tank , inbox for details only if your interested

May be an image of car and text that says '4WD SERVICING MOTOR 0404 638 145 MECHANIC M:'

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/965448731011645/
$60k
"Unfortunately it’s time to sell the old Girl. She is beautiful and honest and I wish I didn’t have to sell her but due to circumstances it’s time to move her on. It has has the original motor what has been rebuilt and has been machined out to 2.5L. It could do with a tune though. It has had an older restoration at some point by a previous owner. So it’s definitely not perfect but it still turns heads everywhere it goes. Perfect for someone who wants to enjoy it while bringing her back to her former glory. "
May be an image of car and road
No photo description available.
May be an image of car

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/532465774742949/

$59k

Rare 2 seat 1976 Datsun 260Z currently set up for speed events and classic rally. Car has had a recent closed door paint job, no rust. New (less than 100km) L28 2.8L NA motor Datsun LLC import, 5 speed transmission. 45mm twin SU carb, billet aluminium fuel rail and high flow fuel pump. Ceramic coated extractors and 3 inch exhaust. ROTA grid 16 inch wheels with new Nankang AR1 R spec tyres. Front 4 pot callipers with vented discs. 2 pot commodore disc brake conversion on rear. Variable braking set-up. Lots of other upgrades. Car could be easily reconfigured for on road use

May be an image of car and outdoors

280ZX 2 seater on trademe NZ

Slightly modified. Triple webers etc

Very original and tidy interior, even down to the radio/cassette deck.

Price range NZ$35-40,000

1981 Nissan Datsun 280zx | Trade Me Motors

If I hadn't just purchased a 280ZX, I may have considered this one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, OdinZ said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/532465774742949/

$59k

Rare 2 seat 1976 Datsun 260Z currently set up for speed events and classic rally. Car has had a recent closed door paint job, no rust. New (less than 100km) L28 2.8L NA motor Datsun LLC import, 5 speed transmission. 45mm twin SU carb, billet aluminium fuel rail and high flow fuel pump. Ceramic coated extractors and 3 inch exhaust. ROTA grid 16 inch wheels with new Nankang AR1 R spec tyres. Front 4 pot callipers with vented discs. 2 pot commodore disc brake conversion on rear. Variable braking set-up. Lots of other upgrades. Car could be easily reconfigured for on road use

May be an image of car and outdoors

This one has dropped to $49k

Not unexpected if it has.

Two schools of economic thought:

1) Interest rates are set to rise sharply which means people sell off toys and holiday homes to reduce and consolidate increasingly hard to service debt. That coupled with the fact that money (for toys) will be more expensive to borrow means that there is not the same number of players looking to enter/stay in the classic car market thus pushing prices down.

2) Alternatively, as property gets more expensive to debt service their relative values either plateau or decline which means that people look to assets, other than property, to invest in such as shares or classic cars etc. This may in turn cause inflation of the classic car market.

it does appear that we are on the verge of experiencing situation one though. But if you don’t have to sell in the oncoming period then don’t. Situation 2 will roll around soon enough and inflation will move your car values north by default.