Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators
4 hours ago, _mloo said:

Got passed in at $17,000

Wonder what his/her reserve was? 

At a guess, low to mid 20s. Probably $23-25k.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

Is that the 1 that passed in at auction recently for around $18K?

*edit no, they have different head units and the wheels look more polished on the car that passed in. Very similar though!

Nice that it has a full size spare. A friend had the same model but with a space saver spare. Which he said was fine as long as you made sure you had an inflation cartridge or pump packed in there as well, or kept the spare fully inflated which sort of negated the purpose.

Edited by gilltech

Look at the jack and the (removed) seatbelts in #778. Seatbelts are the same as the USA specification. I was once advised that our cars received them and were removed by dealerships prior to sale as they didnt comply with Australian safety requirements of the day. Jack looks the same as the original in my 1969 model B10.

Well spotted. Those removed seatbelts with #778 you refer to as 'USA spec' are the same as on the cars sold in NZ, no stalk, they are lap belts with clip-on over-the-shoulder sections. Gives the user the option of using a lap belt or 3-point belt. Similar arrangement to the Mustangs from '68-on and no doubt other American cars of the period. Seatbelts of any sort were rather new to the market back then.

I had those with my NZ-new RS30, but swapped them out for a new set of ADR-approved stalk type fixed belts for safety reasons, and stored the originals away. A vehicle examiner once told me he didn't like the 3-piece arrangement as when all clipped together it provided for a large amount of chrome steel set against one's hip and waist which might not bode well for the wearer in a serious accident. Saying that using such a seatbelt could save one's life in a prang but it could also cause nasty internal injuries. And that unless the belts were worn very tightly by the user he thought it quite possible for the clip-on shoulder section to unclip itself due to accident forces to the user's detriment. :( So IMO we're far better off having ADR-approved belts and the newer the better.

Edited by gilltech
grammar

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, _mloo said:

Not sure if someone has posted this one already but it is well out of my budget but I might be of interest to someone who has a bit more cashola than me :P

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/burwood/cars-vans-utes/1971-datsun-240z-5-speed-manual-burwood-victoria/1271831437

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, 24 Dat said:

Is it just me or does the engine bay look like its 903 Universal Blue compared to the exterior colour of 115?

Being a 71 car i didn't think the 115 was available until 72

I think you're correct. Shame because I prefer 903.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1979-datsun-280zx-auto/SSE-AD-7380425

Pretty cheap, looks in decent nick, might need some mechanical work seeing it’s been garaged so long. Not sure if it’s registered 

says 1979 but looks like a series 2 with series 1 rims 

Edited by 240ZBUILTBYME

21 minutes ago, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1979-datsun-280zx-auto/SSE-AD-7380425

Pretty cheap, looks in decent nick, might need some mechanical work seeing it’s been garaged so long. Not sure if it’s registered 

says 1979 but looks it’s a series 2 with series 1 rims 

81 on the compliance plate, looks like series 2 with the tail lights.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, gav240z said:

He had it listed on Carsales around $75-80k? from memory..

Well it went to $69k + 7.5% buyers premium and so it was total around ~$75k for the buyer. Just gave the auction house some money I suppose..

1975 Datsun 260Z SPORTS Automatic Coupe

$27,500

Myrtleford, Vic

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/myrtleford/cars-vans-utes/1975-datsun-260z-sports-automatic-coupe/1280737230

image.png.8c42788f640538f67cd70ff985aa95ce.png

This girl is running and ready for a go over to get her on the road or for a full restoration to become a striking example of the 1970's finest.

Previously sold on a hand-shake and we have stored her in our shed in good faith for over 12 months. The buyer has had a change of cirmumstance so she is back on the market. Reluctant sale then and now. Minimal rust - all in repairable places. (see pics)

Priced to sell, very collectable and a rare find.

We understand the restictions of travel and are happy to supply as much information as we have and more pics if you are interested. Happy to assist with linking you with reputable transport providers if needed.

Genuine enquiries only. More pics available.

Details:

* Is in fair to good condition for her age.

* She has been shedded for 20 years but will run

* Is original and complete.

* Would make a drive car with minimal work: or

* a great project for someone wanting to do a full restore.

We are restricted to landline - no mobile service here so please ring and leave a message for Fabio or email if you have questions.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, AndBir said:

1975 Datsun 260Z SPORTS Automatic Coupe

$27,500

Myrtleford, Vic

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/myrtleford/cars-vans-utes/1975-datsun-260z-sports-automatic-coupe/1280737230

image.png.8c42788f640538f67cd70ff985aa95ce.png

This girl is running and ready for a go over to get her on the road or for a full restoration to become a striking example of the 1970's finest.

Previously sold on a hand-shake and we have stored her in our shed in good faith for over 12 months. The buyer has had a change of cirmumstance so she is back on the market. Reluctant sale then and now. Minimal rust - all in repairable places. (see pics)

Priced to sell, very collectable and a rare find.

We understand the restictions of travel and are happy to supply as much information as we have and more pics if you are interested. Happy to assist with linking you with reputable transport providers if needed.

Genuine enquiries only. More pics available.

Details:

* Is in fair to good condition for her age.

* She has been shedded for 20 years but will run

* Is original and complete.

* Would make a drive car with minimal work: or

* a great project for someone wanting to do a full restore.

We are restricted to landline - no mobile service here so please ring and leave a message for Fabio or email if you have questions.

Woww!