Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

I havent seen these posted anywhere here:

Number 189; interesting that it is listed as having an L28 fitted

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=23105&lid=2888783&pgn=1&pgs=100

260-Z Coupe

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=23105&lid=2890710&pgn=1&pgs=100

Will be interesting to see what happens.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, joe71_240z said:

Number 189; interesting that it is listed as having an L28 fitted

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=23105&lid=2888783&pgn=1&pgs=100

189 is missing the original L24, I saw it about 15 years ago. It was Kalahari Orange.

I took the majority of the photos of it when it was a shell, but mostly complete car.

It was fairly solid for an early car back then and to my memory was 1 of the earliest I'd seen until I started to collect the data in the registry and found earlier cars.

I suspect it's had a couple of restorations since, because it's now red and I believe it was still orange after it's last refresh.

I was actually offered the car at 1 point for about $10k back then. Or a swap for my 72 240z, but I declined the offer. Not a bad car, I don't recall any major shunts etc.. and only minimal rust in the common areas.

I'm keen to see how much people will pay for it.

Genuine 1970 Datsun 240z in original Red 905. This is the last of the early shape, build number 00189. Original fender side mirrors on it as well. This car mechanical is very sound and runs like dream. Professional overhaul on the engine to get it back to its original condition. Body panels are very straight. The paint shows signs of wear. Running a period correct 280Z engine. Log books/Owners manual.

Chassis No: HS3000183
ENG No: L28385656

image.thumb.png.e2f20e7c7fb552517d3205284ac5e5fa.png

1977 Datsun 260Z Coupe was restored in 2011 car has new brakes & shocks all round , NSW engineered RB30 Motor with 5 speed transmission, 16" rims, aftermarket bucket seats and steering wheel also was engineered NSW. Alloy wheels.

Chassis No: RS30020105
ENG No: RB30098818A

image.thumb.png.c24496a3c76d0b50e5e3ec22ba07f0bd.png

• Administrators

I honestly expected the 240z to get to $70k at least. But either the heat has come out of the market OR it was quite rough in person and needing more work than the listing would have you believe.

I don't want to throw mud, but I am almost positive that car was orange (918) when it was repainted about 15 years ago, and the photos of the boot area look "905 red" which to me is odd because it doesn't look like fresh paint.

Makes me wonder what changes it's had in the last 15 years. Since it doesn't look like it's had a rotisserie restoration job done.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, gav240z said:

I honestly expected the 240z to get to $70k at least. But either the heat has come out of the market OR it was quite rough in person and needing more work than the listing would have you believe.

I don't want to throw mud, but I am almost positive that car was orange (918) when it was repainted about 15 years ago, and the photos of the boot area look "905 red" which to me is odd because it doesn't look like fresh paint.

Makes me wonder what changes it's had in the last 15 years. Since it doesn't look like it's had a rotisserie restoration job done.

I drove the car 5 weeks ago and it’s very well sorted, owned by an automotive engineer who is pedantic. I would be surprised if he let it sell for that price at auction having seen it in the flesh. He certainly wasn’t talking figures anywhere near $50k when I saw it.

Paint is the only thing letting it down but it’s very straight and lots of hard to find stuff like the mirrors, D hubcaps, lenses etc.

I notice it’s still up on gumtree.

36B9363D-EF6B-4A1D-86AB-18C75223B25D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Datsun 260z 2 seater

$47,000

Kardinya, WA

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kardinya/cars-vans-utes/datsun-260z-2-seater/1276569861

image.png.48a1225d74f087ac7e43fb36bd9241b0.png

Car is original apart from being converted to manual, and having had a re-spray in 2001. Original matching numbers engine is with the car and was rebuilt in around 2005 to original specs by previous owner in Adelaide. It has done less than 20,000 kms since!

The previous owner had doors, bonnet and hatch taken off, stripped:acid dipped and resprayed before the car was re-sprayed and they were reinstalled. The engine bay and underneath of the car are original, with the under side having rust protection applied by the dealership. Original colour code sticker is still in place on top of rad support panel.

there are a few rust spots on the car, but this is an original car that has not been painted for 20 years, so, this is not like a just painted vehicle hiding secrets!

Car has lightened flywheel, 4.11 rebuilt diff (open unfortunately), 280zx alternator and distributor, headers and as new exhaust, triple 45 DCOE Weber’s (also set of 240z carbs on 260z inlet manifold seperate). Car puts 101kw to the rear, despite being a dished top piston engine with low compression.

If performance is your thing, I’m part way through a road performance L28 build with Les Collins, and have money sitting in that build which can be discussed over the phone and with Les, should you be interested in taking that on also. Aim is 240hp, but in depth specs can be discussed with me if you are keen, and with Les.

Interior is absolutely first class with brand new door cards, centre console, beautiful crack free dash, new steering wheel and horn pad, new scuff plates, original radio sourced and fitted and more. Seats are from an mx5 and are really nice, along with brand new seat belts. I have a set of original 240 z seats, spare cam and a few other parts also.

Running king spring lows, nolathane suspension bushes, new outer tie rod ends, 200SX front discs with 2 pot callipers. Also running on genuine 15 inch watanabe mags worth approx $2,500, deep dish on rear, but non dish on front.

I have someone interested prior to advertising but have advertised as it will discourage me from backing out of selling

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 5:07 PM, AndBir said:

Datsun 240z

Item location:
Townsville, Queensland, Australia

HS30-00379
Rolling shell. What you see is what you get.
L28 with automatic gearbox.
Inspections are welcome and encouraged.
Happy to help with shipping at the buyers expense.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324710381540?hash=item4b9a3f37e4:g:LY4AAOSwrJlg6lmP

image.thumb.png.46afdb05553c5f01f5e50becae5c6072.png

If that was in perth I’d consider buying it. Looks in a lot better nick rust wise than my car! 

• Administrators

12 hours ago, rubberman said:

Anyone chasing a 280ZX, could be worth a look.

https://burnsandco.hibid.com/lot/96489179/1982-datsun-280zx-coupe

Looks in good nick... same color combo as mine. interested to see what it goes for. 

9 hours ago, gav240z said:

Up, 280zx only go up in value from this point on.

I think people are going to realize the potential of these cars soon and how affordable they currently are. All the complaints with them are now fixable. Soft handling, coilovers and suspension upgrades are now available. Slow and sluggish, get an EFI 300hp LCR build, or all the bits from Godzilla racing and protunerz for a turbo conversion and it won’t be slow anymore....

more and more suppliers making quality aftermarket parts. Plus being L series lots of interchangeable bits. 

If you’re after a classic z and can’t afford a 240z/260z you’d be crazy to pass on the 280zx.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Only that it was listed around $86k and was under offer. Then appears to have fallen through and been relisted. Now price has been dropped. Looks like a decent car from photos and description. Obviously do your due diligence.

11 hours ago, gav240z said:

Only that it was listed around $86k and was under offer. Then appears to have fallen through and been relisted. Now price has been dropped. Looks like a decent car from photos and description. Obviously do your due diligence.

Price back up to $85k