Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, ptZcar said:

IMHO The only collector buying this car will be "connected" to the previous owners in administration, Chris Marco & Co., where they will have done a backroom deal for the paperwork. I can't see someone spending $100K+ to buy a car with ZERO history and paperwork.

In Japan $100k for such a car would be a steal. 

• Administrators

I don't think many folks know of all these auction sites outside of Australia. So it may not have been well marketed outside of Australia.

I can't access the site either. It crashed right on the money shot. Typical of these auction sites. They rarely know how to scale for increased demand.

24 minutes ago, gav240z said:

I don't think many folks know of all these auction sites outside of Australia. So it may not have been well marketed outside of Australia.

I can't access the site either. It crashed right on the money shot. Typical of these auction sites. They rarely know how to scale for increased demand.

I did bid and just received the following ...

Hi All,

Despite significant increases to our website capacity, due to unprecedented levels of interest and traffic volumes, the bidding platform still managed to exceed capacity and therefore the auction has not been completed.

Confirming no vehicles have been sold, and the auction will be reopened in the coming days.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we will keep you all informed of the next steps.

Feel free to contact myself or Steve Waterman 0417 777 893 with any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mike Emery

General Manager – WA

• Administrators

The auction will re-open at 16:00 AWST (19:00 AEDT) today, giving buyers a fair opportunity before bidding closes at 18:00 AWST (21:00 AEDT). To ensure a repeat of last night is avoided, the live auction will only be viewable to registered bidders.

Anyone here a registered bidder?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/925465/demand-at-aussie-muscle-car-auction-crashes-system-to-restart-today/ 

1 hour ago, 24 Dat said:

The auction will re-open at 16:00 AWST (19:00 AEDT) today, giving buyers a fair opportunity before bidding closes at 18:00 AWST (21:00 AEDT). To ensure a repeat of last night is avoided, the live auction will only be viewable to registered bidders.

Anyone here a registered bidder?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/925465/demand-at-aussie-muscle-car-auction-crashes-system-to-restart-today/ 

Yep. It didn't quite finish at 9pm (AEDT) as it went into "BONUS TIME".  Something I was not aware of. I was purely spectating as bidding started at $101K and way past my slush fund. I got annoyed and switched off at $116K at approx. 9:10pm.  It could have hit $120K but with the 5.5% buyers premium, someone will be out of pocket over that anyways.  I suspect a backroom deal was done with the Marcos to get a hold of the car's logbooks, ownership history and resto paperwork.  

Edited by ptZcar

6 minutes ago, Ponyo240z said:

So do we know what the 260 actually sold for?

No.  It was at $116K when I stopped refreshing the page.  I went back a 2 or 3 minutes later and the auction was over. When it ended, it did not list a final price.

Edited by ptZcar