Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

13 minutes ago, Shaun05 said:

Damn right! If the photos and description are even close to being an accurate representation of the cars condition, this would be a fantastic buy.

4 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

That is a an absolute bargain at this price. 
Jeff

Looks like it is sold.  Someone put a deposit down already.

7 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

That is a an absolute bargain at this price. 
Jeff

Would anyone know this car's history?  Original manual car?

VIN: RS30 010210

REG: 76LDYZ (1976 Lady Z)

5 speed Manual Gearbox

Matching Numbers With Original Engine Block ( L26-151029)

On 1/19/2021 at 12:24 PM, AndBir said:

Seems the auction consists of all the cars from a dodgy managed investment ("ponzi") scheme that was shut down by ASIC with debts of $240million.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-12/chris-marco-used-ponzi-scheme-to-buy-classic-cars/12977966

583dd8e043b3f9b72e977f4e220b3f52?width=650

This one is up to 50k now too. Still a while to go!

19 hours ago, ptZcar said:

Would anyone know this car's history?  Original manual car?

VIN: RS30 010210

REG: 76LDYZ (1976 Lady Z)

5 speed Manual Gearbox

Matching Numbers With Original Engine Block ( L26-151029)

I did check the car out.  Dash is badly repaired, paint work is patchy, needs a closed door respray to get it constant. No real rust from a very quick look (some surface rust in bottom of hatch, under the battery, rear guard but nothing serious)??  Carpets are not original but seats are! & interior is good.  No RWC due to fender mirrors.  Mechanically, drives very well with fuel injection, warm cam and performance pipes but notchy gearbox grinding a little even when it warmed up.  Suspension, brakes & steering are very good.  Needs $5K+ to get it up to standard.

"This car was my childhood dream to own, I purchased it back in 2016 and have loved owning it. It drives beautifully and has been very reliable, but I wish to purchase a house.
since owning it I have had:
It sandblasted back to bare metal and all the rust professionally cut out and fixed
Full respray (was planing on making it a Japanese police car replica)
Gnose / spoiler fitted
Dynomat throughout
All new suspension bushes
Massive radiator fitted
I also have the original wheel covers arita speed works overfenders/ body kit to go with sale

Matching numbers L26 was previously rebuild (have receipts and extensive service history)

May swap for a cheaper car cash my way"

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rockingham/cars-vans-utes/1975-datsun-260z-2-seater/1267593331

Police style 260!

gumtreepolicez.jpg

• Administrators

Anyone know the sellers of these cars?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-1971/1267836370

I think this 1 was owned by someone under the name of "Squizzy Taylor" on Facebook, but I can't find their profile.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/surrey-hills/cars-vans-utes/1971-240z-rolling-shell/1267692440

Blue shell, cut for flares.

12 hours ago, gav240z said:

Anyone know the sellers of these cars?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-1971/1267836370

I think this 1 was owned by someone under the name of "Squizzy Taylor" on Facebook, but I can't find their profile.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/surrey-hills/cars-vans-utes/1971-240z-rolling-shell/1267692440

Blue shell, cut for flares.

Am I missing something here 

The first car needs roof and 2 quarter panels replaced or is the quarter panel  in the last picture on the car and needs to be repaired or is there a good quarter panel supplied

All other parts supplied?

If that gets $30000 I would serious consider selling mine and not go through the fun of a refurb

On 2/3/2021 at 11:30 PM, gav240z said:

#535 at GraysOnline sold for over $31k (W/buyer fees included).

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-5043669/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1971-datsun-240z-coupe

3 minutes ago, NickF said:

Am I missing something here 

The first car needs roof and 2 quarter panels replaced or is the quarter panel  in the last picture on the car and needs to be repaired or is there a good quarter panel supplied

All other parts supplied?

If that gets $30000 I would serious consider selling mine and not go through the fun of a refurb

Well as you can see above, #535 sold for $31k. but apparently had over $10k parts to go with it as well. 

So to clarify. 1971 car HS300561 is my car. I've put 30k into it already. 

after sandblasting it required a new roof, firewall, quarters and sills, floors pretty much everything. 

Have prepped panels to go back on. Just need to spot weld them on. 

I dont have many photos, sorry for the confusion. 

It's been repaired underneath which cost alot more time and money than I anticipated. 

In 2019 my farm burnt down and since then I've been funneling funds into my house and property so my mums not living in a paddock. 

The car owes me 30k. comes with l28 and 71b gearbox. pretty much anything I've got here spare I'll throw in to get it to a complete car. 

Considering that #535 has no actual repairs done I'm sure it's a bit logical that it has rust and bog etc. whereas my shell does not. it's all gone. so prospective buyers can have peice of mind. 

I'm asking too much?  yes. 

Although considering the market and recent events I dont think I am too over zealous. 

Cheers 

Squizzy Taylor

aka max baugh 

aka Devil Z 

9 hours ago, gilltech said:

What I think is a little confusing is the last photo, how does that photo fit with the others that show the car sans rear quarters?

tbh I'm away at sea so I just uploaded what I could. in no particular order to guage interest. 

if they come in with an offer I'll offload it. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, 260z blues said:

I have uploaded that car to the registry albums etc.. it was sold about a year ago on Gumtree WA hasn't changed all that much since then.

I didn't know it's number back when advertised the first time.

On 1/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, gav240z said:

I see value on it all day long at $90k. I'm just not sure the Aussie market has buyers who are willing?

It definitely makes sense over buying a rusty bucket and trying to bring it to the same standard. But maybe it will exceed $100k?

IMHO it should, give the asking price of equivalent cars in Japan these days, but I find our market lags a big because the majority of boomers with the money all want the Aussie muscle cars.. but there is a small niche into the Z's too.

IMHO The only collector buying this car will be "connected" to the previous owners in administration, Chris Marco & Co., where they will have done a backroom deal for the paperwork. I can't see someone spending $100K+ to buy a car with ZERO history and paperwork.