Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

That thing is full of rust . Needs floor's rocker's , dogleg's and once you start digging it's a slippery slope ! 

Jeepers. $70k for an unrestored car full of rust with cut guards, knock off fender mirrors and 40mm carbs. 

Might be the roll cage that's holding it all together... Ouch.

[Reminds me of the so-popular 'Gone in Sixty Seconds' movie 'Eleanor' Mustang fastbacks, it's reputed that many of the DIY replicas of the movie cars out there are rusty basket cases with the Eleanor fibreglass body kits covering over many of the nasty bits... >:( ]

Haha, thanks guys, this has all been very helpful. I guess I’ll continue to sit and watch the market for the right buy! 

It’s tough; I prefer the ‘Devil Z’ look as noted, and I know there aren’t heaps of those around – and rightly so, given what it means doing to the guards. Likewise, I don’t want to be the guy that bought a clean Z and cut it up, so... I guess I’ll just wait and watch! 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, cracker said:

Jeepers. $70k for an unrestored car full of rust with cut guards, knock off fender mirrors and 40mm carbs. *keeps mouth shut*

Unfortunately if you want a 240z, not a lot of choice out there right now.

The other ones on the market appear not much better for similar money.

Unfortunately if you want a 240z, not a lot of choice out there right now.

Very true. Only 20 Datsuns of ANY kind on the Carsales site presently.

And some very ... um...keen?... asking prices for Zeds, particularly for the more numerous 2+2 models on there which would appear to have, what, at least doubled? in the past year or two... 

Edited by gilltech
grammar

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, van said:

Yep. I’m not necessarily in a hurry, but the longer I have to wait, there’s a good chance I’ll just go for the Z35, haha. 

It's funny, with new R35 GTRs they actually appear a bargain compared with clapped out 300,000kms (true km), R32, R33 and even R34 GTRs.

Yet, I still want an earlier RB powered 1 more than the R35. Especially an R34..

And so does everyone else based on prices being paid. I do wonder if the Z35 with its promised stick shift will recapture the sports car market and make the Z's more desirable again. But I must admit the Z34 Nismo version does appeal to me.

But the old Z's just have so much personality, it's what I love about them, plus they are easy to work on. It must be the rust. Yes it's the rust that gives them so much charm.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, OdinZ said:

Not the lack of airbags? 

Even 90s JDM often didn't have airbags until about 1998.. so no it's definitely the charm of owning a rusty pig. Oink oink. Haha.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:23 PM, gav240z said:

The other ones on the market appear not much better for similar money.

This is why that WA 1975 260z 2 seater could be a bargain to the right person, even at the 80/90k valuations that people on here were shy to publicly suggest.

I can see the appeal to getting a cheaper running car and slowly improving/restoring it, but realistically it's not going to approach anywhere near the same level of restoration without taking it off the road and spending a lot of money and/or time.

If the difference in asking price is so small, that just doesn't make as much sense and it kind of explains the prices of restored S30s of all types we've been seeing lately on the international market.

Edited by brent012

• Administrators

I see value on it all day long at $90k. I'm just not sure the Aussie market has buyers who are willing?

It definitely makes sense over buying a rusty bucket and trying to bring it to the same standard. But maybe it will exceed $100k?

IMHO it should, give the asking price of equivalent cars in Japan these days, but I find our market lags a big because the majority of boomers with the money all want the Aussie muscle cars.. but there is a small niche into the Z's too.

There’s a few of us prepared to pay today’s asking prices, yeah. Mind you, it’s not without a lot of grimacing and regret that I didn’t make a move 20 years ago. These things are the reason I launched grandJDM.com, after all! (Which I later handed over to the guys at Japanese Nostalgic Car.) 

The simple fact is, I want one and I’m not interested in taking on a resto project. I’m not wealthy, but my career has progressed to the point where I’m finally in the position to access finance without having to live on a diet of 2-minute noodles or leave my family without the things they need. Incredibly, my partner and the mother of my children has approved the decision – but I guess the fact we’re almost done with expensive full-time childcare has helped ease her mind a bit, when it comes to me introducing this new debt into our lives, haha. 

But hey. I’ve wanted one of these since the early 2000s and they’re not going to get any bloody cheaper, so... that’s it, I guess. If it turns out I would’ve been happier with the upcoming 400Z... those are only going to go down in price! 

Edited by van

• Administrators

You may grimace at the prices today. But I recall reading about a car dealer in Oz that owned a 2000gt and said he had sleepless nights when he sold it some years back. For around, wait for it... $300,000.. now of course they are $1m+

Then today I saw this..

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1975-toyota-celica-2000-gt-manual/SSE-AD-5441827

I've always felt the early Celica's were under appreciated. Especially TA22s but having seen this 1 today, perhaps it will fetch this money?

Which kind of justifies S30z prices.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, mossy said:

Wouldn't you get quite a bit more money selling a 240z back to a buyer in japan Gav?

It would appear that way, but there might be issues depending on modifications done.

Quite a few HLS30s have made their way over there in recent years. I'm surprised not more HS30s have gone there. Not that I want to see them exported to be honest.

• Administrators

Did anyone see the 240z in NZ? It's gone already.

From thumbnail I'm guessing it was an HS30.

Link in email was

https://www.trademe.co.nz/link.aspx?i=12145&id=2951707544&t=cas&s=7023749&c=-610&tm=email&et=45&mt=7F1F0D31-C106-4483-BC9A-C7464ADF110F

Screenshot_2021-01-25-15-02-03-95.jpg

21 hours ago, gav240z said:

It would appear that way, but there might be issues depending on modifications done.

Quite a few HLS30s have made their way over there in recent years. I'm surprised not more HS30s have gone there. Not that I want to see them exported to be honest.

I believe it is getting more and more difficult and expensive to keep the old cars on the road in Japan. So for the average person in Japan can't afford it.

don't know if the have any similar schemes to what we have here, club/historic rego?

• Administrators

HS30 102561 is on CarSales.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/datsun-240z-1973/sse-ad-7026036/

Asking $55k

Owner: @zaxzeds

1973 Datsun 240z. Matching number original engine and 5 speed  gearbox. This is a very nice looking Datsun 240z with no rust or repair history. it was factory silver originally  but close door resprayed British Racing Green many years ago. Built  as an SC club car and log booked, successful in one regularity event about 15 years ago. Since lovingly used as a weekend car and kept serviced by Stewart Wilkins on club registration. A few small cracks in the dash, no carpet,  everything works and it's one of the nicest driving 240z's I've had the pleasure of owning. Perfectly square and true.   I'm a long time collector of 240z's and have many in different states of repair and it's time to find some new homes. I also have other cars of interest in the collection which may be offered. I am also interested in anything to trade up or down. Genuine car if you know what you want, this straight, rust free and always rust free  repair free zed is value at this price. thank you and don't hesitate to ask any questions, no pressure sale this is my passion and hobby.

• Administrators
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Julian said:

Does anyone know much about this one? Thanks 

Yes, I've seen it in person. But a few years ago. It was relatively honest from memory, although I didn't look at it in great detail.

It was in the same shed as where my 71 240z was kept for a while. The owner is @zaxzedsand is well known in the Z community as many cars have been through his hands over the years.

• Administrators

Nice 260z 2 seater price is a bargain.

Asking $49,000 dollarydoos

Vincent
Taylors Lakes, VIC 3038

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-datsun-260z-manual/SSE-AD-7039175

24g56fy6586g51rjgvxpifgq8.jpg?pxc_method

26pqesj9ddb3v2ac4v50ug9gh.jpg?pxc_method

3bly8fg0eiuxpvk0byryxkdb8.jpg?pxc_method

2oft05r3l8nueuvacvemd0s57.jpg?pxc_method

4zigwcpcreq11v7vz3c5zovo0.jpg?pxc_method

5c3s9vov0f6ye2imdgtmviqng.jpg?pxc_method

5a3k2qnho886su931uryqc923.jpg?pxc_method

akzi0u4tk249ybv2851g202n2.jpg?pxc_method

Grab a Piece of Japanese History with this 1976 Datsun 260z 2 seater Coupe

5 speed Manual Gearbox
Matching Numbers With Original Engine Block ( L26-151029)

Features Include:
• EFI conversion with Wolf 3D Ecu
• Efi Hand Controller and Manual Included
• Modified Camshaft and Big Bore Extractor Exhaust 
• Will also come with 432 style Z Story Garage Muffler With Sale 
• 15x7 superlite wheels with 205/60 Dunlop Tyres 
• Front Airdam And Rear Spoiler 
• Cibie Lamps With Q/h Globes
• Imported 280z Airbox
• Selby Supplied Uprated Springs And Shocks
• Rare Factory Chrome Surround Headlamp Covers
• New Supercharge Battery , New Ngk Sparkplugs , New Rotor, New Ngk Leads, New Distributor Cap, New Ignition Coil , New Genuine Bosch Starter Motor.
• Brake Fluid , Clutch Fluid And Manual Transmission Fluid All Changed. 
• Cut And Polished And Ceramic Coated With Cquartz  

Items Included with Sale:
• Original Datsun Wheels With Tyres 
• 4pot Front Brake Calipers (Toyota S12)  
• Japanese Custom Numberplates (76LDYZ) 
• Red Autotechnica Car Cover 
• 2 Car Keys
• Original Camshaft 
• Original Carb Air Duct 

Original Radio And Speakers, Heater , Rear Window Demister And Engine Inspection Lamp All Work.

Runs And Drives Great , Sounds Amazing. 
No Rust In The Common Places Most Datsuns Have But Does Have A Few Paint Blemishes Here And There . This Is A Clean Example Of A Datsun For Its Age. 

VIN: RS30 010210
REG: 76LDYZ  (1976 Lady Z)

Long Rego,  Just Paid Up Until  04/02/2022
Serious Buyers Only , No Swaps Or Test Drives Unless A Deposit Is Given. 

Regretful Sale . Price Is Negotiable However Unreasonable Offers Will Not Be Entertained. 

This Car Is A Real Head Turner And Looks Stunning On The Road . 

Grab Yourself A Great Rare Investment As These Cars Are Only Going Up In Value.