Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

On 1/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, gav240z said:

I missed out on this one, he said it went for more than 20 but less than 25k. Looked pretty good from the photos, inspection was meant to be this afternoon but someone got in before me. 

• Administrators

To be honest it looked like a good car, so someone probably bought it sight unseen.

The white basket case has also sold. Not surprised. It may have been better than it looked.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, Johnboy said:

Seems the auction consists of all the cars from a dodgy managed investment ("ponzi") scheme that was shut down by ASIC with debts of $240million.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-12/chris-marco-used-ponzi-scheme-to-buy-classic-cars/12977966

583dd8e043b3f9b72e977f4e220b3f52?width=650

Edited by AndBir
added photo

• Administrators
1 hour ago, AndBir said:

Seems the auction consists of all the cars from a dodgy managed investment ("ponzi") scheme that was shut down by ASIC with debts of $240million.

Oh dear.

VIN: RS30-005221
ENGINE NUMBER: L26138070
COLOUR: ORANGE
ODOMETER SHOWING: 12,632
MANUFACTURED: 1975
COMPLIANCE DATE: 9/75

Starting bid $25k

Q88QI7diI5ozDXve7gRqFE15UNRNlqcJOPVtAcKh

0uJI576CQt83TFkS4n6Y2s5CYxMt1LQgahCQzfjq

trTgDvOreS5Vy6HSvfiMNlSEIYzuOl5I25xSoTn1

NBbw4USWXpR0aLdn6024t3Se8NFNMjfkDO0JGQIg

Z2ncuAgiKs9RATwsa2Qn5mck8VpqifCWuRjEtCas

AkOoUnMeoZspsNvEW9VctoX2iXq53w1Hckd8W649

t2fZdjDMfe6ds3udYyl3JFSnzjTcblE2v1620Ood

dsUnwv3Mp7wlSdLWHBLlD30nNn3Y9TLp9G77nA2f

q6PZTtCiRMamVYBaztnfnctQguRqtDkcEus7K4GY

3D8FzarDojQPm9mmQNn0x5fstWUIqRCLdiHBa3zb

Zyz59F0mXUiQBsQdRE1SxF1PzEqbADPfyPRqVxrB

Gd4od7OwKobh4VTdznPVyBPK6DdCtyyxQGzGeBMt

KkuM0GMgikBRK6DTupKm3YguHOtiqAkePZ1jYvJv

CAtxjC7Pq8OFWhOgX3a8QgEZQz4EkD0s7OG6zxnl

hxvryiu3C7wzc9AGsntm4V2S1ltWe3mercEefMb5

lpp4sGwV6JOfk5dxh0WcT3TujRf64BfHyi48Czs8

uO4UWKzzPCWVmMtWASRrDLRCU6kQ314RPm3XPLff

w8X6nDQu9uCaHHNMiBjT8Wr47rQyw1SYio7GlkfL

Z6otrwn5FSXDE0cTBO4L9nzz8ccQDnzVePJ8mJVf

ZZUWkNykDXcsj8jcvZf9jgWT7oM5RUynzp5IFDZP

11 hours ago, AndBir said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-12/chris-marco-used-ponzi-scheme-to-buy-classic-cars/12977966

583dd8e043b3f9b72e977f4e220b3f52?width=650

Realistically how much do people think this 260z is going to go for? It's very tidy but these auctions get out of hand these days. 

It will be very interesting to see and I’m sure it will generate some discussion. For the sake of the investors who lost money I hope all the cars sell for a premium. I won’t be surprised if the 260z sells for well upward of $80k. 

Jeff

• Administrators
9 hours ago, ZiggyZelda said:

Realistically how much do people think this 260z is going to go for? It's very tidy but these auctions get out of hand these days. 

Realistically I believe it's worth close to $90k AUD and possibly more - so there I've put it out there...

2 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

It will be very interesting to see and I’m sure it will generate some discussion. For the sake of the investors who lost money I hope all the cars sell for a premium. I won’t be surprised if the 260z sells for well upward of $80k. 

Jeff

Yes I agree, I know that much more than that was spent on it's restoration. It's got to be 1 of the best 260z 2 seaters in the country. Possibly worldwide. I would not be surprised if it was bought by someone outside of Australia though.

4 hours ago, gav240z said:

Realistically I believe it's worth close to $90k AUD and possibly more - so there I've put it out there...

Yes I agree, I know that much more than that was spent on it's restoration. It's got to be 1 of the best 260z 2 seaters in the country. Possibly worldwide. I would not be surprised if it was bought by someone outside of Australia though.

Gav, Was this the Sydney car that had the extensive photo shoot done as it was restored mainly with NOS parts?

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Ponyo240z said:

Gav, Was this the Sydney car that had the extensive photo shoot done as it was restored mainly with NOS parts?

Different car. This is based in WA.

• Administrators

I should also point out, that although I have valued the car above, I have not seen it in person yet. I only helped source a couple of tough to find parts (if you ever needed door trims for a 260z you'll understand - especially in non-black).

But from talking to the owners son this car was restored with the intention of keeping it, not selling it. So no expense was spared.

I just don't want people to think I'm vouching for something/someone. My interest is in the car itself, not the other items of news going around with this auction. I hope people can understand where I'm coming from?

2 hours ago, gav240z said:

I should also point out, that although I have valued the car above, I have not seen it in person yet. I only helped source a couple of tough to find parts (if you ever needed door trims for a 260z you'll understand - especially in non-black).

But from talking to the owners son this car was restored with the intention of keeping it, not selling it. So no expense was spared.

I just don't want people to think I'm vouching for something/someone. My interest is in the car itself, not the other items of news going around with this auction. I hope people can understand where I'm coming from?

I don’t think you left the impression of you having a vested interest in the car. No concern here. Cheers 

Apologies if this one has been posted already, but what do y’all think of it? I’m very tempted...

It’s the look I prefer (although I wish the wats were still on it) and the L28 is hugely appealing too. 

(Tried to paste the URL but the mobile interface wouldn’t let me, weirdly. It said it was pasting, but nothing appeared in the window...)

Edited by van

1 hour ago, van said:

Apologies if this one has been posted already, but what do y’all think of it? I’m very tempted...

It’s the look I prefer (although I wish the wats were still on it) and the L28 is hugely appealing too. 

(Tried to paste the URL but the mobile interface wouldn’t let me, weirdly. It said it was pasting, but nothing appeared in the window...)

It's not my cup of tea and I would worry about a few things done/not done and question the "70k thrown at it" line, but the biggest warning sign is that it's been for sale for ages (over a year??) and not sold. You've got to wonder why nobody else has decided it's worth paying for.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, van said:

1 of the last delivered..

Clay Wong did a feature on it.

8 hours ago, van said:

That thing is full of rust . Needs floor's rocker's , dogleg's and once you start digging it's a slippery slope !