Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators

What's going on with prices ATM ? 

The red Canberra car above @$69k 

Shaved rear end , badly  flared guards, tired engine bay , far from original and nothing really special about it ?

The flared Silver car @$75k is full of rust , needing doglegs, rockers , floor's and once apart probably plenty more . 

The red 73 in Vic that started at $92k now $85k running Triples and Simmons . 

All the above to me seem ridiculously overpriced . 

I also think once Jobkeeper stops the market might get a bit busier ! 

My 2 cent's 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, smugley said:

All the above to me seem ridiculously overpriced . 

It's not Datsun or S30Z specific. I am tracking several cars on CarSales (thanks to the star icon you can save certain cars) - it's my little wish list. :). Anyway I get notifications daily of price moves. Majority of prices are being pushed up and not down, especially for 90s JDM stuff, but also early rotary and other Datsun's, Toyota's etc.. GTRs are out of control.

The real problem I see is that you have the RBA talking of dropping rates further to 0.1% and more talk of QE, but even though the RBA denies it (like they denied the next move in rates was down), it's likely they will try negative interest rates as other places have done in the world. Despite the evidence suggesting it doesn't work, it won't stop them trying.

When there is no return on your money in the bank, you funnel it into anything that provides a return, which could be vintage cars and other assets (deemed low risk).

Of course you could argue this is the intention of such policies to encourage people to spend etc.. but I see it as a dead end and I have no idea where the madness ends. The only reason I'd sell any of my Toys at this stage would be to get the Mortgage paid off.

As to when / if JobSeeker/Keeper ending will encourage more liquidity. It will be interesting, but I suspect people on JobSeeker were not buying Datsun's. Unless their name was Hayden of course. :)

I think with social distancing many people are picking up hobbies and interests they would not have had time for before and are seeking something to keep them sane.  Craft and sewing shops have seen a huge serge in sales. Heck there was even a 8 week wait on lawnmower services in 5 of my local lawnmower repair centres when the corona virus peaked.  

Looks like there are no new 240z for sale according to Drive.com.au. wonder what the guy was thinking lol

They should work with old mate Edward Scissors Hands Lees. Looks like he has a few good deals going on vintage cars haha

Screenshot_20200924-215028_Chrome.jpg

Edited by JDM-TOY

• Administrators
On 9/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, Bruce said:

There was only a couple of photos that looked like historical photos, nothing Current

Car is HS30 00690. Facebook post from new owner.

Rare early series 1 model Datsun 240z

$20,500
Wollongong
"Project . Car is sand blasted and primer ready for repair. Good points:- there’s nothing hidden all repair points are exposed. Early car one of the first 550 built. Enough parts for 2 Cars with all the rare parts there will also include a rotisserie. Perfect dash and console. All Matt’s carpets and Vinyl in food conditions. 4 seats , 4 doors, Heaps of photos available and happy to answer all questions. Please ring rather than message"

Gumtree Z 12 Oct 2020.webp

1 hour ago, GongZ said:

Rare early series 1 model Datsun 240z

$20,500
Wollongong
"Project . Car is sand blasted and primer ready for repair. Good points:- there’s nothing hidden all repair points are exposed. Early car one of the first 550 built. Enough parts for 2 Cars with all the rare parts there will also include a rotisserie. Perfect dash and console. All Matt’s carpets and Vinyl in food conditions. 4 seats , 4 doors, Heaps of photos available and happy to answer all questions. Please ring rather than message"

Gumtree Z 12 Oct 2020.webp 62.86 kB · 6 downloads

Clearly a Series 2 

• Administrators

Webp images don't work.

Is the car on Gumtree?

Edit yep it is..

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wollongong/cars-vans-utes/rare-early-series-1-model-datsun-240z/1258872151?utm_source=messenger&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

By the way, if you use the Android App for Gumtree you can easily save all images in an ad with the click of a button. Makes my life easier.

ad_3_1602479427419.jpg

ad_4_1602479427420.jpg

ad_7_1602479427426.jpg

ad_5_1602479427422.jpg

ad_8_1602479427427.jpg

ad_0_1602479427414.jpg

ad_1_1602479427416.jpg

ad_2_1602479427417.jpg

ad_6_1602479427424.jpg

Gumtree Z 12 Oct 2020 (1).webp Gumtree Z 12 Oct 2020.webp

• Administrators

• 4 weeks later...