Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators

Anyone think the Edward Lees 260z for sale as seen in post. #211463

Is the same car as the 1 on Gumtree under Sunrise cars?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/concord/cars-vans-utes/1977-datsun-260z-burgundy-manual/1228615653

It looks like the same car, just auto->manual conversion. Door trims re-done. Seats changed and headers changed to stock.

Same 240K wheel, radio, paint colour,  sam mirrors ,wheels, carby set up etc..

• Administrators
3 hours ago, albo said:

Aren't they the same company?

Sunrise cars = Edwards Lee's.

But previously it was offered via Presley's which I have no idea if they are affiliated with Mr Lee and friends or not.

19 hours ago, gav240z said:

Anyone think the Edward Lees 260z for sale as seen in post. #211463

Is the same car as the 1 on Gumtree under Sunrise cars?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/concord/cars-vans-utes/1977-datsun-260z-burgundy-manual/1228615653

It looks like the same car, just auto->manual conversion. Door trims re-done. Seats changed and headers changed to stock.

Same 240K wheel, radio, paint colour,  sam mirrors ,wheels, carby set up etc..

Almost certainly. Footwell mats, key tag, aftermarket radio...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/14/2020 at 6:11 PM, road rider said:

@smugley can you tell me what the chassis no. is for this 1?

On 2/14/2020 at 9:11 AM, road rider said:

Looks to have been sold. I had my eye on this one.  Appears to still be available.

Edited by CptZa
Appears its still for sale.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:51 PM, MWestern said:

On gumtree:

Body looks like it needs some work, but looks pretty good for the price?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yagoona/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-1971-no546/1242094699

I have requested additional photos but if anyone has gone and had a look i'd love to know your thoughts.

Looked at buying some parts off the owner of 24 Zed, while i was there he pulled the cover off that red beauty and walked me through it - absolutely beautiful car and restoration was done to an extremely high level of detail and looks to be quality work. Owner is fastidious and this is reflected in the car. It's not 100% original, but its the closest I've ever seen and wouldn't take much to create a museum piece if that's what you were after, or drive it as is and you have an amazing S1 early girl. 

On 3/3/2020 at 10:43 AM, camshere said:

Looked at buying some parts off the owner of 24 Zed, while i was there he pulled the cover off that red beauty and walked me through it - absolutely beautiful car and restoration was done to an extremely high level of detail and looks to be quality work. Owner is fastidious and this is reflected in the car. It's not 100% original, but its the closest I've ever seen and wouldn't take much to create a museum piece if that's what you were after, or drive it as is and you have an amazing S1 early girl. 

It does present beautifully, but with some glaring incorrect features, badge placement etc you have to wonder what else it hides. It's ebay auction reached ~$65k (not sold obviously) which I think is not far off where it should be.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen this one yet. 

Gumtree Ad ID 1244319058 - 1970 Datsun 240Z #297 - $19,900

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/byron-bay/cars-vans-utes/1970-datsun-240z-297/1244319058

"For sale is our 1970 Datsun 240z chassis #297 which is a full matching numbers car with original owners manual and logbooks. The 240z is complete and running but in need of a restoration to bring it back to its former glory. It still bears its original vic number plates and was bought new at the Melbourne Datsun dealership and owned by the same family up until recently. The car has all its key components for an early car inc gearbox, steering wheel, center console, seats, speedo, carbies etc."

s-l800.webp

Edited by CptZa
removed attachments

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CptZa said:

Haven't seen this one yet. 

Gumtree Ad ID 1244319058 - 1970 Datsun 240Z #297 - $19,900

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/byron-bay/cars-vans-utes/1970-datsun-240z-297/1244319058

"For sale is our 1970 Datsun 240z chassis #297 which is a full matching numbers car with original owners manual and logbooks. The 240z is complete and running but in need of a restoration to bring it back to its former glory. It still bears its original vic number plates and was bought new at the Melbourne Datsun dealership and owned by the same family up until recently. The car has all its key components for an early car inc gearbox, steering wheel, center console, seats, speedo, carbies etc."

s-l800.webp 66.63 kB · 0 downloads

That seems amazingly cheap for a low numbered car.

I would imagine there are all kinds of issues hiding under that paint,

Nothing hidden underneath the paint, it does have rust issues and I can’t stress this enough will need a restoration. Does have some good history being bought new by Dr Harry, previous owner of #4 and did have a good life until it was left outside for 5years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/22278/latest/1

Datsun 260z 2+2 with Les Collins built 3.4ltr motor.

93972_939729_m.jpg

30039_300401.jpg

52070_520706.jpg

98471_984722.jpg

92376_923770.jpg

94591_945924.jpg

PRICE
$55000.00 (AUD)

DESCRIPTION
1974 Datsun 260z (2+2 body) Black metallic. Heavily modified and updated Z with Les Collins 350hp L6 3.4L,6 throttle EFI race engine with Microtech LT16 Engine Management with matched 5 speed gearbox new driveshaft and R200 short nosed Differential. 3” multi branch balanced stainless steel exhaust. Techno Toy full rear-end conversion with brand new half shafts, hubs and disc brakes. Techno toy front suspension control arms with front and rear 5 lug hubs. Willwood High-performance 4 pot disc brake callipers and matching rotors at front with 300zx turbo brake servo plus reservoir. Custom made 15” alloy wheels with brand new 225/50 Falken tyres plus full size spare. EZ Electric power steering, reconditioned radiator with dual electric fans and cowling, HID headlights with Nissan headlight protectors. Front and rear large diameter sway bars, new Koni dampers with front and rear custom springs. Completely refurbished interior with new black leather (original frame) sports seats including new foam inners, new leather roof panelling, edging and seals with new door panels, new centre console, new carpets and sound deadening. Brand new front windscreen. Body completely resprayed in 280zx metallic black. Brand new stainless steel fuel tank with high capacity EFI fuel pump (certificate included) and brand new fuel lines. Spent more than $85,000. Reasonable offers. Illness prevents racing car. Would like to see it go to an enthusiast.

SPECIFICATIONS
Make:    Datsun
Model:    260z
Year:    1974
Vehicle Location:    Bibra Lake, Perth
VIN/Engine Number:    005289
ADVERTISER DETAILS
Name:    Andrew
Night Time Phone:    n/a
State:    Western Australia
PostCode:    6153