Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators

Why do you say Saf Gold?

Looks mre like paint has been taken back to correctly confirm the chasss no, then hit with a bit f some sort f varnsh/rst reventative?

Well that's the colour it looks like on the chassis code, it could also have been Kalahari Tan but it looks more gold to me. There is also a hint of green but that looks like it sits on top of the gold.

I recall someone maybe it was "kats" from the classiczcars.com forum saying that a lot of people in Japan didn't like cars with loud or bright colours, so most cars are white, silver etc.. Not sure how true that is, but it is interesting it was repainted white.

It looks mostly complete, missing the airbox. I saw 1 show up the other day on Yahoo! Auctions was listed as a buy it now of $1000+ AU which I thought was cheap for NOS and it sold instantly. Not surprised. But it wasn't clear to me if it was for a GTR or S30Z. I'm not sure if it's the same part no. across both models. It was listed as suitable for both.

• Administrators

260z 2+2 for sale.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wyee/cars-vans-utes/1975-datsun-260z-coupe/1090888187

1975 Datsun 260Z Coupe
$8,900.00

Good condition throughout. Garaged. Some spare parts.
Suit car enthusist.

$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG

• Administrators

$55K for a less "original" then the green car. At this rate, we will all be trading ours in for a small flat in the western suburbs of Sydney soon :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/gallery/OAG-AD-10474825/Image?index=0&cpw=1&wt.z_driver= 

That's the car throttle shop - they sold the 907 Green 240z.

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car10.html

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/

There is a good chance they'll get it too, a UK buyer is likely thinking it's not a bad deal.

PS: No offense to anyone living in Western Suburbs of Sydney, but I'd rather have the S30z than a small flat.

That's the car throttle shop - they sold the 907 Green 240z.

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car10.html

http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/

There is a good chance they'll get it too, a UK buyer is likely thinking it's not a bad deal.

PS: No offense to anyone living in Western Suburbs of Sydney, but I'd rather have the S30z than a small flat.

Agree..Took mine out today for a blast with my 13 yo as a passenger. Everywhere we stopped, comments, picture taking etc. I honestly don't get that much attention in other, very neat cars. Love my Z !

Looks like the white car was originally Safari Gold.

Nope. Some owners paint yellow paint around the chassis number in Japan. Why? It's JDM yo!

Not sure why the do it. Alan or Katz explained it once on CZC, but I forget the reason.

Nope. Some owners paint yellow paint around the chassis number in Japan. Why? It's JDM yo!

Not sure why the do it. Alan or Katz explained it once on CZC, but I forget the reason.

I think this is what you are referring to Craig -

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/33141-s30-construction-theories/ post #17 from Alan (HS30-H)

"Don't get foxed by the remnants of yellow paint around the 'Shatai Bango' on the B210, Chris. That's just left over from the Japanese 'Shakken' tests, where the engraved number is sometimes highlighted to make it more legible and show that it has been checked. All of that is a continuing and regular thing through the car's life in Japan."

This part of the topic was discussion about whether the chassis numbers on the firewall were stamped or engraved. The consensus was that they were engraved.

• Administrators
1971 Datsun 240Z ready for RWC but needs cosmetic attention
$14,500.00 Negotiable

I can't see this lasting longer than a day.

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Selling my pride and joy

Run out of money to finish it off how i want and i have dumped everything i have into it. Seeing what i can get for it without me finishing all the cosmetics. In no hurry to sell.

So far the work on it that has been done is up to rwc ready but needs alot of cosmetic attention first.

-Recently it has just had all the rust finished. This was no small job as im sure all you 240z lovers are aware!! Mechanics had cut and welded new pecees in it was that bad.

- Brand New windscreen in.

- Brand New rubber seals Doors, Windows, rear hatch - and door seals seem to be a bit fat making it hard to shut doors, maybe they need wearing in a bit.

- Brakes have all been done

- Engine has now been tuned and running really well. Starts first pop each time and runs great.

- All brand new carpets laid

- All brand new door leathers in

- Underneath the car its all VERY clean! as is the engine bay

-Brand new battery

-New tyres

-New halo lights with new headlights - the original 240z lights are horrible

-New front kit

-New Spot lights in the front. Wired up to the Halo lights so when driving lights are on its the spots and halos, then headlight setting are all lights including spots and Halos.

-Brand New ROTA RB Rims - shadow chrome

Now it needs alot of cosmetic attention as can be seen here's whats needed...

- It was originally yellow, it was covered in 3M Vinyl which was a huge mistake and peeled and got damaged with Australias hot sun. So that needs removing and needs a paint

-The interior panels need a coating. I was going to have all interior panels covered in snake skin leather vinyl. (can still get this done if needed) The tan colour is disgusting and needs to go.

-The windows sliding up and down were a problem as with all 240z but has been fixed. IT does however need new felt runers. (pretty cheap, $30ish)

- Rear view mirror is fine but its a little dirty and i dont like it, i would assume you wont either so you could replace that

-3 dash lights need replacing, little dulll in certain areas at night. these are just those basic little globes about $1 each

- Door switches need replacing (have the spares ready to replace)

- Clock doesnt work, havnt looked at it yet since its a minor issue but its not working. ALOT of 240z has this problem

-Fuse box could do with an update to the normal spade fuses.

Now i have a lot of spares and alot of things to finish which i have just run out of money to do....

The things needed to finish, and the parts that come with the car are:

+Brand New Chrome Mirrors

+Brand New Fender flares, i have two different types to pick from. will come with both sets. I have the bolt on ones and the real nice proper fat fender flares that require fibreglassing

+ Spoiler (as seen in one of the photos when temporarily on)

+ Push Button start kit with credit card keyless entry and remote start This is a compltete kit which means no more keys at all for entry or for starting! also has immobilizer and alarm with it although car already has alarm with remote locking

+ Proper 2.5" wheel spacers for all 4 wheels for when the flares are on. These arnt the stupid little metal spacers, these are the proper spacers with bolts that bolt onto the hub and then bolt on to the wheel.

The engine was replaced with the 280zx engine, The L28 with 5-speed Manual. This was done before i had it and is registered to the vehicle. So no need for certs or anything like that.

There is probably other things i need to say but cant think of right now so just message me with questions

Happy to look at offers. but obviously nothing ridiculous, It owes me a lot of money and im not desperate to get rid of it. So if i dont get anything near what im after ill hold it until it keeps climbing in value or until i have more money to finish the cosmetics.

In the pictures is an image from when the 3M vinyl was just completed. it looks quite nice but it looks nothing like that anymore. Ruined!

I wonder what number it is, shame about the tacky modifications.

• Administrators

Previously listed here:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13299-72-240z-withdrawn-from-sale/

It looks like chassis number is: HS30-103695

The black (vinyl wrapped) 71 240z listed above earlier today is already de-listed...

260 2 seater on gumtree

not mine

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/croydon/cars-vans-utes/1976-datsun-260z-coupe-2-seater/1091185950

Datsun 260Z 2 Seater for sale ready for restoration.

It has rust in the normal places as can be seen in the photos but will be a great car to restore.

I bought this with the plan of restoring it but i don't have the time as i have too many other projects right now.

It has a L28 engine. I bought it from a family that owned it for about 20 years but didn't really use it for the last 3 years before i bought it and has been garaged since they stopped using it.

The most notable rust is around the bottom of the hatch area (just above the tail lights), in the bottom of the doors, the sills and above the fuel filler door. I Have already purchased a rust repair panel for the hatch.

I am more than happy to send photos or have a chat about the car.

It will be sad to see her go, i really love these cars, but one project too many..

Thanks for looking..

Edited by Des

• Administrators

Can upload photos of his other junk, but not his car for sale? At $3,500 it's either really really rough or the guy has no idea what it's worth. Not sure it's a 1970 model either, without a chassis number impossible to know.

• Administrators

Is this the $700 car that was in Sydney a week or so ago with missing doors and pretty much part of the garden? So someone bought it to flip it? Unbelievable...

• Administrators

Looks like a 71 has the early style console, but vent holes in 1/4 panels. Either way looks like a bargain. All things considered that was cheap in my opinion.

*Edit just noticed the radiator support looks like 73 model with the additional lip on top of the radiator support. This was introduced in 73. So that means it's either a later 73 model with early console in it (for some reason) or it's a 71 model with a replaced front radiator support panel.

Still very well priced considering...

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic