Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators

Seems overpriced for the Perth market in that condition (sunroof, no engine,  no gearbox, mostly disassembled, unfixed rust).

I missed the sunroof, good catch. I thought that Perth S30z's were rare and so prices would be higher given the transport costs associated with moving from Eastern states back to WA.

I honestly don't think the price is unreasonable, I see lots of early Rotary Coupe's asking those prices (w/o engine) etc.. I saw an R100 coupe appear for a day with average photos (at $20K) but looked original in need of resto etc.. But maybe R100 prices should be higher than S30z's? Due to rarity and rotary madness in this country? I just didn't think it was unreasonable but at the same time it's hard to know how many parts are missing.

• Administrators

Where are these decent running 2 seaters for 13k!?

Stuck in 2005 I think? :)

There is an exception though, every so often a deal pops up and is gone quickly. Think of the 2k 240z that was listed here recently. Not gonna see that much more often I'd imagine.

I missed the sunroof, good catch. I thought that Perth S30z's were rare and so prices would be higher given the transport costs associated with moving from Eastern states back to WA.

Perth people just seem to not want to pay the same amount that you eastern states guys do.

When I was selling my 240Z just before christmas, most of the serious interest was from the eastern states, but because it wasn't drivable, transporting it across the country was an issue.

I have no doubt it will sell, maybe not for $7000, but then, it might just be a case of waiting for the right buyer.

Might end up in Graeme's collection, if someone doesn't snap it up quick.

• Administrators

Perth people just seem to not want to pay the same amount that you eastern states guys do.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it Perth's declining economy?

The rotary coupes are wayyyy rarer than 240Zs. I was thinking $7k for that thing was steep to be honest for the above reason Mr C stated and that it's completely in bits.

I paid $10k for my 240Z 5 years ago today according to facebook. Complete, original 2 owner car that just needed an exhaust and some new fluids for a RWC. Sub $10k cars are more in demand too because people can afford to buy a project base.

Now someone sell me an RX3!

Be quick! Nice 2 seater 260z, original looking and good nic.

Asking 16k or swaps for skyline gtr/S15

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clifton-hill/cars-vans-utes/datsun-260z-2-seater-for-trade-swap/1076767196

Thats Bozo's(Sam) Z. IIRC he paid 6K for it not to long ago. He also hit something damaging atleast the bonnet, not sure how it was repaired. Would be a good base... but 16K is a little much.

• Administrators

Be quick! Nice 2 seater 260z, original looking and good nic.

Asking 16k or swaps for skyline gtr/S15

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clifton-hill/cars-vans-utes/datsun-260z-2-seater-for-trade-swap/1076767196

Thats Bozo's(Sam) Z. IIRC he paid 6K for it not to long ago. He also hit something damaging atleast the bonnet, not sure how it was repaired. Would be a good base... but 16K is a little much.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,15116.msg160638.html#msg160638

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,11727.0.html

• Administrators

"this is for someone who knows their shit" - Classic! Props for honesty at least.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2630.msg146423.html#msg146423

February 2014 it was on Gumtree. Looks like current owner thought about doing work for a year before deciding it was all too much.

I can't recall price back then...

Current price: $6,000.00 Negotiable

Selling my Datsun 240z as I have just bought another car and do not have the time or space for it.

This is for someone who knows their shit and can get it back on the road. Comes with everything except motor and tail lights. Has rust in usual spots. Automatic trans included as well. Comes with complete interior and all trims.

Last regod in Vic so would need to be ID inspected in sa.

Any enquires pm me, open to offers.

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

They say that people who invested $1000 in Apple shares 5 years ago now are sitting at $250,000. Not that this applies here.

I'm just sussing the market and respondants. I've had more than a few offers so far to be honest, infact a gentleman offered his r33 gtr,but to be quite frank I ddon't think I can bring myself to do it.

Front was damaged previously, but have you been reading my journal? Was fixed with insurance work over at PJ's panels...

I'm going through a phase and sometimes I think a simple sporty car like an S15 spec s/r gt would cost less to run and be modern/fun at the same time. We'll see.

• Administrators

They say that people who invested $1000 in Apple shares 5 years ago now are sitting at $250,000. Not that this applies here.

Do you mean $10K? I think you've got your wires crossed. $1000 worth of Apple stock is probably worth about $4,500 now.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=apple+stocks&oq=apple+stocks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1832j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

Not to mention capital gains tax you have to pay when selling them. I'm sure they were good buying when John Sculley was flushing them down the toilet or just after the Newton when the company was about to go bankrupt.

I'm going through a phase and sometimes I think a simple sporty car like an S15 spec s/r gt would cost less to run and be modern/fun at the same time. We'll see.

Don't be fooled, apart from rust repair an S30z with a L-series is pretty cheap to maintain and run. I have a mate with an S14a and he's got lots of issues with it. Good thing he enjoys fixing it.

Do you mean $10K? I think you've got your wires crossed. $1000 worth of Apple stock is probably worth about $4,500 now.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=apple+stocks&oq=apple+stocks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1832j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

Not to mention capital gains tax you have to pay when selling them. I'm sure they were good buying when John Sculley was flushing them down the toilet or just after the Newton when the company was about to go bankrupt.

Don't be fooled, apart from rust repair an S30z with a L-series is pretty cheap to maintain and run. I have a mate with an S14a and he's got lots of issues with it. Good thing he enjoys fixing it.

Yeah I may have messed up a bit there lol, but I remember hearing it at the end of channel 9 news one night.

I think you're right, I'll just keep the S30. It always has been my dream car. I may call upon Scoota for bodywork + SR20DET conversion soon :)

There was this bloke called Lowy, who had a butcher shop in Bankstown NSW in mid 1960's. He asked a few business mates, including my grandfather, ( all were ex Polish/Russian/Eastern Euro immgrant stock) to lend him a few thousand pounds ( no dollars then!) 'cos he had this idea to convert a shopping area into an enclosed covered mall.

Which became Westfields.

Those original business associates converted their loans to Frank Lowy to what became shares, or stock.

Still cant quite workout what, say $1000 in 1967 ( first Westfield centre opened) is worth today,, but old grandad didnt want annual income payments, insted, he said keep it, give me more shares with the reinvestment.

Grandad's gone, so is dad, but them Westfield shares are still hanging in there.

It's called "patience" just like looking for a really nice original Z, or a Datsun Sports 2000,,,,

• Administrators

Yeah I may have messed up a bit there lol, but I remember hearing it at the end of channel 9 news one night.

Maybe confused with Coca Cola and what Warren Buffett said about buying their stocks in the 1920s?

http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com/2013/07/14/warren-buffetts-1993-lesson-on-coca-cola-stock/

We buy certain car because we love it.

There are better investments out there, a block of land doesn't rust away :)

Even with car as an investment, I would buy a Porsche or Ferrari. It's higher entry cost but given the restoration cost is almost the same as restoring a Datsun, you will get better return on investment.

Who cares what he paid for it? If he got a bargain it doesn't mean he has to sell it for one, that's why there is a thing called market value!

For the record I think $16k is a fair price for Sam's car considering how much people pay for disassembled and partly completed snot buckets.

• Administrators

Value is subjective to different people, and what the person buying the car wants to pay for it. That's why I have this thread and try to record asking prices so people can cross reference and form their own opinions.

Personally I think all S30z's have been undervalued for ages, especially compared with say a Porsche 911 of the same era, but that is my opinion and it is subjective, the consensus so far seems to disagree with me. It's a double-edged sword, seeing values rise (for existing cars) means parts costs go up as more people looks to 'restore', 'maintain' or get into an S30z and cost of restoration also goes up with increase demand particularly for 'rare' parts. We should all be careful what we wish for ;).

• Administrators

I do wonder if that car belonged to an elderly gentlemen who used to drive it to a Bowling Club in Caulfield? He had a Golden Retriever or Labrador in the front seat sometimes.

$_20.JPG

It looks awfully like a car I saw about 12-13 years ago in Caulfield. I remember 1 day driving my 260z 2+2 and we were next to each other at a set of lights and I realised that I preferred the stock look compared to my modified 260z. We smiled and chatted briefly at the lights. I remember the paint colour because I don't think it was a factory colour on the 2+2s? I also remember the white wall tires, I wonder if they are the same ones still fitted? But thought it looked good with the factory wheels.

I remember it being a clean car, although that car almost looks brownish... I recall it being more gunmetal..Hmmm.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic