RH repro Mirrors - small group buy

OdinZ

Hey Gents,

I am going to bring in a few of these from the US. Obviously it works in our best interest to buy a few of these to split freight costs. At this stage I want to keep the order reasonably small so we don't have to pay duties or GST, but I will have to have this sorted quickly, as from the 1st of July, we will get slugged GST no matter to the total cost of our order. I have emailed the seller and hopefully will have a response quickly. (Also, subject to availability)

Currently = US$75.00 + International Shipping + Local Freight (if you have a business address I can ship via TNT)

So far the members interested are:
1.. Me (Odinz)
2.. @260z blues
3.. @Kent
4.. @MyEnquiringMind
5.. @camshere
6.. @GV260
7.. @MIDAT

On 6/21/2018 at 5:32 PM, gav240z said:

Edited by OdinZ

• PB260Z pinned this topic

Hey gents,

So as mentioned above, US$75.00 (AU$102) each and the international shipping is currently US$30ea (AU$40), that was when I asked for 3x, hopefully better for more. keep in mind, there will still be local freight costs, around AU$15 to metro cities. Please let me know if this is an issue for anyone, and I will keep you all updated, hopefully completely sorted within a day.

Cheers,

Ned

Hey gents, so I have a final price of AU$130 each including international shipping, but does NOT including local freight. As I said, should be around $15 to most metro suburbs, and if you have a business address to send to, I can use TNT.

Please confirm today, I will also PM everyone with payment details shortly. 

Hey guys, no more orders as it the orders as I am keeping the order under the $1000 so we don't have to pay GST. If you haven't paid, please pay tonight as the final order will be shipped tomorrow to avoid the new GST laws on all import orders.

Fairly confident, because I would have already paid, as the GST has to be collected at point of sale, and the invoice is in this financial year. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods/duty-rates-and-taxes/low-

and my understanding is that it actually does not apply to every import, but I could be wrong.

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/international-tax-for-business/in-detail/doing-business-in-australia/australian-gst-registration-for-non-residents/

FYI.

Duty gets paid in Australia not on initial purchase.

Customs in Australia will hold the package until 10% duty is paid, unless you are correct and it's for items purchased after 1/7/18.

Can you please give us feedback on the quality.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, dattocam said:

FYI.

Duty gets paid in Australia not on initial purchase.

Customs in Australia will hold the package until 10% duty is paid, unless you are correct and it's for items purchased after 1/7/18.

Cheers

Extract from the following website: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods/duty-rates-and-taxes/low-

"From 1 July 2018, goods with a customs value of AUD1000 or less (low value goods) may attract the Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the point of sale if imported from overseas by consumers in Australia.

There will be no changes to:

• the AUD1000 threshold for reporting and collection of duties and taxes at the border
  • border clearance processes
  • the flow of goods across borders
  • current import requirements for tobacco, tobacco products or alcoholic beverages.

Businesses with sales (subject to Australian GST) of AUD75000 or more to consumers in Australia within a 12 month period, will need to register with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), collect GST at the point of sale and remit that GST to the ATO.

This includes businesses that are:

• merchants who sell goods to consumers
  • electronic distribution platform operators
  • re-deliverers"

As the total value of the shipment is below $1000 it will not attract any duties, this has not changed. My personal understanding is that this is aimed at bigger companies that sell into Australia.

3 minutes ago, dattocam said:

Cheers

Will definitely provide feedback. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents,

So I have received all of the mirrors with no issues. I have checked every mirror for scratches and cracks, they all look in great condition.

I believe the delay was because of USA 4th of July. I wont get a chance to send any out today, and I will be travelling to Perth next week for work. But I will contact everyone the week after to sort pickups & postage. 

Also, for those interested, there was no extra import charges/taxes/duties.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

1x Mirror Delivered (I am assuming a happy customer)

Everyone else has been contacted about postage/collection. 

I am quite happy with how they look and feel. Wish I ordered a spare for my LHS.....ah well. They look too nice to put on my car haha. 

20180801_131355.thumb.jpg.3e82beb4d6cbef4c91703fb13620c1d3.jpg

30 minutes ago, GongZ said:

This LHS mirror has been on Gumtree since March. It is genuine, brand new and well priced.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ferny-hills/auto-body-parts/new-oem-datsun-240z-l-h-door-mirror-hope-you-say-thanks-/1177587228

I read that Gumtree ad that you had to order from one of those two websites. haha. Have you bought one from him? I see him post S30 parts every now and then. 

Oops - I didn't read the ad properly - it's more of a weird public service announcement.  :o

There is this one on eBay at the moment - $159 opening bid;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240Z-260Z-Door-Mount-Rear-Vision-Mirror-OEM/202386072271?hash=item2f1f2662cf%3Ag%3A~IIAAOSwI5VbXrhy&LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=240z&_sacat=131090&rt=nc

And Warren has been trying to sell this as a RHS mirror for a while (but it's definitely a LHS mirror) - $195 opening bid:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240-260Z-Coupe-260ZC-2-2-Rh-Door-Mirror/332735708498?hash=item4d7897fd52:g:jVMAAOSw88RbHcc1

• 5 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, OdinZ said:

Update:

1x Mirror Delivered (I am assuming a happy customer)

Everyone else has been contacted about postage/collection. 

I am quite happy with how they look and feel. Wish I ordered a spare for my LHS.....ah well. They look too nice to put on my car haha. 

20180801_131355.thumb.jpg.3e82beb4d6cbef4c91703fb13620c1d3.jpg

Does anyone have photos of the back of the mirror.  Are these identical to the genuine mirrors ? Had some f@#$wit wandered onto the edge of the road and sprayed me with rocks, one of the rocks has dented the back of my genuine RHS mirror. 

Edited by specialp3

Hey mate,

Just took a photo of it for you. I haven't actually seen a genuine one, but everyone that bought one seemed quite happy with the overall mirror, although the mirror glass itself could have had a better finish.

Cheers

1406591158_RHSmirror-back.thumb.jpg.01aaab3f485e09805feb24d0a59a28e5.jpg