Misc Items For 71 240Z

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Folks,

I am missing the following for #1415

1. In need of rear strut tower plastic caps (uncracked and minimal gouging of plastics please!)
  2. Fuse box fastener. I've got 1 missing #2. Please.
  3. The little chrome clips that go on the door cards where the handles are. The ends where the nuts are (cover).
  4. Looking for a passenger headlight bucket with all mounting screws (not broken) and not rust / dents. Ideally in faded white...
  5. Dead pedal rubber (foot rest) mine is missing and sick of whacking my head on it when working under the dash.
  6. Dashboard mat to cover cracks. I had a really simple slim cover on my old 240z years ago. Perhaps someone knows where I can get material to make?
  7. Long shot but original nichira exhaust muffler?
  8. Passenger arm rest with original mounting bolts please!
  9. Engine inspection light (or as MCM refer to it as Ibiza light) - the plastic switch on mine is snapped. So looking for another light or switch component.
  10. I was going to ask for brake cylinder caps, but I believe my ones might be the original style (that don't lock in, but push down only). Learn something new everyday! Example: Early example 1 example 2 Later example 1 example 2 example 3 (locking caps).
  11. Grub screw that holds night / day knob on rear view mirror. Mine has come off and I just have the plastic piece, not sure how it attaches to the mirror itself?

That's all for now.

• Administrators

Still chasing a passenger arm rest (previous owner didn't see it in his house move).

Also chasing the bottom bolt on a fuel pump (I had to steal the 1 off #150) and I hate robbing Peter to pay Paul.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, DreamZproject said:

Hey Gav, I'm after a couple of those parts too. 

I need the rear strut tower caps and dash mat, so if you find an online source for them let me know.

I found quite a few on eBay US, but trying to save on postage cost and buy locally. I've asked Ashley @zr240 at Moorabbin Auto Spares to have a look. Your car would probably benefit from "new" items. I'm looking to "survivor" category items with a little patina. :) But will buy new if price difference is negligible.

• Administrators
Just now, DreamZproject said:

Group buy to save on shipping? ;D

Could work, but all the items I need are with different sellers. If I could find someone with all those parts it would simplify things. Hence trying local first.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, GTI-Z said:

Vipco in Castle Hill (a Sydney suburb) has dashmats for the 240Z.  I seem to remember only paying about $80 for mine a couple of years ago.

One of the gents working there was from Kenya and mentioned that he knew Lofty Drews from when they both lived there.

Thanks mate, wish I knew about them before I bought a dashmat for my Stagea, fits badly but wanted something to protect it from the harsh sunlight in this country.