2+2 Metal Cuts And Front Seats. Wrecking.

manyu

Hi Guys,

I have a fairly rusty 2+2 that I'm scavenging some parts off. Just wondering if there is any interest in specific metal cuts that bus restorers are looking for before the shell gets scrapped completely. Sills and doglegs are useless, ask about specific pieces and I'll check for you. 

Also have a pair of front seats for sale, drivers side has rips but still very save-able - $400 

Air conditioning Compressor, bracket, lines, receiver dryer, and condenser - $550 for the lot of that.

Parts Sold:

Bumpers and grill
Rear beaver panel grommets
Front indicator housings and lenses

Located NSW 2769.

post-104728-0-13209900-1527478898_thumb.jpg

Edited by manyu

• Administrators

Mick no 260z ones have a split amber / clear signal assembly. You can plug it into a 240z though.

Car looks nice actually. Shame she will get the chop!

Hi Guys,

I have a fairly rusty 2+2 that I'm scavenging some parts off. Just wondering if there is any interest in specific metal cuts that bus restorers are looking for before the shell gets scrapped completely. Sills and doglegs are useless, ask about specific pieces and I'll check for you. 

Also have a pair of front seats for sale, drivers side has rips but still very save-able - $400 

Bumpers and grill sold. 

Located NSW 2769.

Hey mate, would be keen on the bonnet. Also how is the section that the hatch bolts too?

Mick no 260z ones have a split amber / clear signal assembly. You can plug it into a 240z though.

Car looks nice actually. Shame she will get the chop!

Hi Gav, 

It's worse than it looks, floors and rails are pretty good, but not much else that can be saved. But it's helping put another one on the road.

Hey mate, would be keen on the bonnet. Also how is the section that the hatch bolts too?

Hi Andrew,

Bonnet I'll be keeping for mine mate, sorry. Rear of roof where the hatch bolts to is rusty, but I'll send some pictures this week and you can PM me if you're still interested. 

Ahh, thanks for that Gav.

I will pass on them in that case.

Thanks again.

Mick

Sorry Mick, don't have anything that'll help you. 

• Administrators

Actually i dont mind that colour blue. It does need love but is that an original colour?

Yeah I kind of like the gunmetal-ish shade on it. I think the interior is brown which usually means it was a bronze exterior car. I'm guessing by radiator support that it's a later 76+ model.

• Administrators

If you're cutting it up, I'm potentially interested in the window pillars (both sides). Refer to pic here as to why.

But would prefer the cut to be a little more than just the pillars if you know what I mean?

Not 100% sure as I've never been in a position to check but I believe the 2+2 A-pillars are slightly heavier, and using a thicker pinch weld, I suspect req'd due to the longer/heavier doors.

I believe that's why the difference between 2-seat and 2+2 windscreen rubbers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Administrators

Not 100% sure as I've never been in a position to check but I believe the 2+2 A-pillars are slightly heavier, and using a thicker pinch weld, I suspect req'd due to the longer/heavier doors.

I believe that's why the difference between 2-seat and 2+2 windscreen rubbers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In that case I might hold off until I can confirm..

Updated first post with sold items. Replied to all PM's and posts in order.

I would be up for the indecator if you are parting with them ? Just pm your price and details
Bruce

Sorry Bruce, first things to go. 

Pm sent

Replied

How does the fuel filler section look?

Plenty of rust, flap itself is okay. 

Does it have the vent pull tab bits? And clock?.....

Has vent pull tabs, but I'm keeping the clock to play with sorry. It doesn't work, I want to try and bring it back to life. Might sell it if it works at a later stage. 

Actually i dont mind that colour blue. It does need love but is that an original colour?

Not original, someones gone over it very poorly.

Yeah I kind of like the gunmetal-ish shade on it. I think the interior is brown which usually means it was a bronze exterior car. I'm guessing by radiator support that it's a later 76+ model.

306 Silver original, 77 model yes. 

PM Sent...

Replied.

Edited by manyu