Bulk Panel Import Round 2 - May 2018

Not exactly a panel but I'm trying to get some front bumper overriders. Will be interested if I can't source locally

• Administrators

Not exactly a panel but I'm trying to get some front bumper overriders. Will be interested if I can't source locally

Not worth doing via this avenue, just buy from eBay US and ship. Will work out cheaper. The overriders are small, but if you need a whole bumper... (might be able to get some good quality reproduction bumpers shortly)..

Hi Gav,

Can you put me down for a pair (RH and LH) of complete doors for a 72 240Z please.

Cheers

Have done, but do you need them with all hardware or just the bare door shells?

Hi Gav, I would be keen on a very clean horizontal rear screen if such a thing exists. I sent one over from Japan but it was marked in transit due to poor packing.

Cheers,

Aaron

Hi Gav, I just checked the list and you have me down for a vertical rear screen. I need horizontal. All other items are correct.

Sorry mate.

Hi Gav can you also please add early vertical defrost glass, vgc if possible

Can anyone tell me did the early series 1 cars have a vented internal inserts vinyl or other,on the inside of the hatch to allow venting to the rear exterior hatch vents, if so can you please put me down for one of those.

Cheers

Dave

• Administrators

Hi Gav can you also please add early vertical defrost glass, vgc if possible

Can anyone tell me did the early series 1 cars have a vented internal inserts vinyl or other,on the inside of the hatch to allow venting to the rear exterior hatch vents, if so can you please put me down for one of those.

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave,

RE: The rear panel finisher piece, yes early cars have a vented rear panel, but many are in poor shape now. I believe reproductions exist.

The 1 in #150 is a bit warped out of shape (wavy) so I'll likely buy a reproduction.

https://zcarsource.com/interior-parts/panels-trims/interior-hatch-panels/hatch-panel-240z-260z-280z

I can try and find second hand ones, but not sure they will be any good?

Got you down for vertical defrost glass.

• Administrators

As an FYI, I'm also thinking of doing bulk orders for items like interior panels, seat foams etc.. since postage via Air is so expensive, it makes sense to bring in a few via Sea (just long delay) and sell locally. However this first bulk order is a trial really. See how well this sort of thing works.

• Administrators

Hi Gav, I just checked the list and you have me down for a vertical rear screen. I need horizontal. All other items are correct.

Sorry mate.

Duly noted and corrected.

• Administrators

Hi Gav,

I'm interested in Radiator support panel and Petrol filler surround area in the rear quarter if I'm not too late? (260Z)

What year 260z? The radiator support varies across years of 260z.

Petrol filler area should be same same.

• Administrators

Just saw this.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1648952139&member_hash=7c982e0bdc2fcbd8c2c27bdf1cc436f59983e2800dd44aad89&tm=email&et=46&mt=7F1F0D31-C106-4483-BC9A-C7464ADF110F

I've been wondering if 2+2 ones will be the same in terms of the outer 1/4 shape around that area. I suspect the upper half of the 2+2 1/4 panel is what is different (shape wise).

Mine is also rooted...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lHjFdKMG4WNyDKeC2

Hi Gav,

If you go ahead with some reproduction parts I would be very interested in a set of 240z reproduction door panels.

I'm waiting for a shipping quote from the zed store at the moment and am guessing the shipping is going to be more than the parts.

Not worth doing via this avenue, just buy from eBay US and ship. Will work out cheaper. The overriders are small, but if you need a whole bumper... (might be able to get some good quality reproduction bumpers shortly)..

Have done, but do you need them with all hardware or just the bare door shells?

All the hardware if possible. Also keen on a rear bumper and 1972 hatch if not too late.

• Administrators

Hi Gav,

If you go ahead with some reproduction parts I would be very interested in a set of 240z reproduction door panels.

I'm waiting for a shipping quote from the zed store at the moment and am guessing the shipping is going to be more than the parts.

I don't think I will do side orders here, too complicated to organise. I will focus on dealing with Crow for now and importing good second hand panels.

All the hardware if possible. Also keen on a rear bumper and 1972 hatch if not too late.

If OEM bumpers are important to you, we can do this, but you may find reproduction bumpers with new chrome are a better / cheaper option or a local 2 seater bumper.

• Administrators

Hi Gav,

I'm interested in Radiator support panel and Petrol filler surround area in the rear quarter if I'm not too late? (260Z)

It's a 75 and has the later style lower radiator support. So a 280z support section is what we need (when talking with the yanks!)

post-103039-0-92782600-1464518030.jpeg

By the way are you sure you need 1? It looks ok from this photo, has it taken a beating/hit in the past?

*Edit never mind I saw the later photos in the thread and see it's taken some kind of hit / impact and you've really stripped her down to find all the "hidden" rust. Nice work.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14150-75-260z-finally-mine/page-2