11Th Feb Cruise - Loftus To Scarborough Via The Royal National Park

Dionysus

Was able to join up at Scarborough pub for coffee - good to catch up again. And sorry, George, didn't cut out the MX5, just thought it was a red zed that had shrunk and deformed a bit.... :) Was able to get a small video clip when the guys arrived, but uploader doesn't like the file for some reason. Have shared via this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/efjmw7ts8psorry/IMG_4058.MOV?dl=0 

Cheers
Ian

Who owns 73 DATZ I like that car.

A few more pics http://www.viczcar.com/forum/gallery/album/420-73-redz/

Why not 'Historic' plates?

Do you actually use it more than 60 days a year?

I’m still undecided about going Historic plates, my plates look great but are they worth the extra 1000 + dollars ? Edited by ScottyD

A few more pics http://www.viczcar.com/forum/gallery/album/420-73-redz/

I’m still undecided about going Historic plates, my plates look great but are they worth the extra 1000 + dollars ?

You can get basic myplates, white letters on black for 300 I think? 

What wheels is your car sitting on, I'm planning to change my set to something similar and yours look exactly like I want them :)

The personalised plate has become a government double dip at rego time. I can understand the initial fee to produce the plate but the yearly fee is a rort for someone that takes pride in their ride. You can bet they don’t pour that plate money into the roads we drive on.

• Administrators

Agree when I imported my RX-7 I was asked what colour plates I wanted. I said anything but the NSW yellow and black... I asked for black with white letters. Due to a compliance shop mix up I got, wait for it.. Yellow with black. I looked at changing them but refuse to pay the fee for a new set. I hate them on the car but it will eventually be eligible for historic plates (2 more years!) then I don't care.

I have been reluctant to switch over to H plates because of the personal touch but the cost is leading me in that direction next rego. Wish I could keep my plate and have a historic sticker or something. I’m not keen on the historic plate as it looks like some concentration camp number. Bureaucrats are so uncool.

You can get basic myplates, white letters on black for 300 I think?

What wheels is your car sitting on, I'm planning to change my set to something similar and yours look exactly like I want them :)

My plates are about $100 a year which is ok, the big expense is the $800 or so for rego and around $600 for insurance, if it was on H plate I’ve been told rego is less than $100 and Shannon’s said insurance drops by around 40% ( correct me if I’m wrong )

My wheels are Panasport

Hey TOO60Z great idea with the H sticker.

Edited by ScottyD

My 'Classic Car' rego is $45 a year, including green slip.

I'm not sure if 'Historic' plates are the same but I would suspect so. The story I was told is that there have never been any claims on CTP of 'Classic' ('Historic'?) registered drivers and therefore no need to charge. Needs confirmation...

Yeah, that sticker is a nice idea.

I have my personalised plates in storage for about $100 a year in the case I choose to go back but, the costs are so low on historics that I doubt I’ll go back.

1st year on historic is over $100 as they charge you for the plate and admin. Following years are less than $100. These prices include the green slip so make it very attractive. You also have to be a member of a servicesNSW affiliated club which is an added cost of about $100 depending on the club.

I still purchase comprehensive insurance through Shannon’s too.

Yes its hard to justify $800  rego and ctp I stopped registering my 260 in Sydney (over $1000) one stage claimed it lived in My investment property in Newcastle that brought it cost down to about $550 . Then the Log book scheme started never looked back and considering the vehicle only goes out on weekends and datsun and Zcar club events its great! 

also its insured full comprehensive with Shannons for $30k @$331/annum.

And more importantly when is the next run?