JDM-TOY

The Build 73 240Z

18 hours ago, kamarchi said:

What did you do for the RB sump and engine & transmission mounts?

Hey @kamarchi we had the mounts fabricated and I purchased a RWD sump from a nissan patrol as they have a big rear sump. We fabricated the sump to hold 8 litres as I have purchased a Nitto high volume oil pump. 

Hey guys 

Been a while since my last update. Had to wait a while to have work done on the RB26 engine. 

Replaced the standard oil pump with a Nitto High Flow pump due to the power upgrade. I really didn't want to starve the engine from oil so we put in a head drain and connected it to the sump. New timing belt, water pump rear main seal, new metal intake and manifold gaskets. New twin plate clutch to hopefully sustaine the high HP. 

Eneine should be in soon, will put up pictures as it progresses.  Yada Yada Yada

IMG_4644.jpg

My oil pump failed about 18 months ago due to cavitation and the Engine builder increased the supply with larger intake piping to the pump.

AA0C0050-279F-4710-97A2-5290FBE98E06.jpeg

That's a popular alternative for engines that have restricted oil flow from the pickup....aka Holden red sixes...ask my brother how he knows

Hey guys 

Just some pictures of the Nitto gaskets for the intake side and Nitto oil head drain. Also had the factory intake powder coated. 

20200309_141431.jpg

20200309_141458.jpg

20200309_141513.jpg

20200309_141631.jpg

On 3/5/2020 at 9:56 AM, KatoKid said:

That's a popular alternative for engines that have restricted oil flow from the pickup....aka Holden red sixes...ask my brother how he knows

Yeah Im surprised that the manufacturer's didn't address this prior to manufacturing the cars.

Its like the new Toyota Hilux engines blowing smoke. Toyota knew this issue existed 5 years proir to selling the  new Hilux and now have a big issue to deal with. Different issue but they still knew 

Hey Guys 

Hope everyone is doing well 

Been a month or so since my last post, been quite busy work wise. Also been waiting for the running gear to get put in the car and its taking longer that I expected. Spoke to the guys next door to were my car is and they just keep putting off doing the work to m car, its a little frustrating waiting. I wish I had the tools and equipment to put it together at my place but due to having no working area or tools its just easier to get someone to do it for you. Also have paid cash for all the work that has been done and all the purchases the guys have bade just dont understand 

Since the running gear was sitting at the workshop I took it in and gave it a good clean and gave it a good lick of saturn black. Looks quite nice after the paint dried up just needs to go in the car now lol. 

So I as I wait I have been looking up different LSD options for the R200 and I'm tossing between a Kaaz two way or a OS Giken and I wanted to see what experience some of you guys have had and if there is any feedback on the two products. 

Thanks guys, hopefully wont be too long but an considering taking the running gear elsewhere but other than SW dont know anyone reliable

Resized_20200319_130609.jpeg

Resized_20200318_110214.jpeg

Resized_20200319_134609.jpeg

Resized_20200319_130616.jpeg

So over the past few months I have been umming and Ahing over upgrading the factory headlights I decided to purchase a Dapper Lighting HID kit upgraded from the factory globe's.

• 1x Projector Kit Relay Harnesses (V1/V2)
  • 1x Dapper Lighting 7" Classic V1
  • 1x Bulb
  • 1x Chrome Base
  • 1x Headlamp Protection Covers

I will update with install pictures once the cars getting put back together. But from what I could see Dapper make quality upgrade kits

20200522_143045.jpg

20200522_143258.jpg

Re LSD’s. I’ve no actual experience with the KAAZ type but I did read about them being noisey.

I’ve got the OS Giken, from the driving I’ve done it’s really quiet and you don’t know it’s there. $80 a litre for their special oil is crazy though.