The Build 73 240Z

JDM-TOY

13 hours ago, jeff43 said:

Wow, nice donk dude!!!! Oh and nice colour as well. Not long now.

Cheers Jeff

Thanks Jeff, only great minds like orange lol. Hopefully sooner than later 

Hey bud did you go see your car? Has Marcel started on mine? The last 3 weeks I've been moving house and renovating the new place, I don't have any of my tools, none of my cars are here and I haven't even got internet here yet. I tried calling Marcel all day friday but no answer. I won't have time to go down there for another week or 2.....

Your cars looking good!

Rudi.

9 hours ago, CroS13 said:

Hey bud did you go see your car? Has Marcel started on mine? The last 3 weeks I've been moving house and renovating the new place, I don't have any of my tools, none of my cars are here and I haven't even got internet here yet. I tried calling Marcel all day friday but no answer. I won't have time to go down there for another week or 2.....

Your cars looking good!

Rudi.

Hey Rudi

Yeah I went past to Race Solutions and checked up on my car  but I didn't go to Outer West as Marcel seen me and came to have a chatt at Race Solutions.  

Thanks, yeah coming together slowly 

Youhan

• 1 month later...

Box of tissues needed 

Progress on the fabricating turbo manifold and dump pipe. I decided to Go with a Garrett Gen2 GTX34/82R due to its mid to top range power, no lagging needed. With a built engine could get 500kw of power which im my mind is too much for this car, not that it doesn't deserve it .

FB_IMG_1562375187552.jpg

FB_IMG_1562375180923.jpg

FB_IMG_1562375172239.jpg

FB_IMG_1562375165497.jpg

• Administrators

Who is making the manifold for you? Looks like a work of art.

What did you do with the old twins? Were they R33 or R34 twins?

7 hours ago, gav240z said:

Who is making the manifold for you? Looks like a work of art.

What did you do with the old twins? Were they R33 or R34 twins?

Hey Gavin 

Its Mick at Race Solutions he is the fabricator at the shop. 

When I purchased the engine I didn't buy the twins, they were R33 twins. 

• 2 weeks later...

More progress on the S30Z

Front mount, intake piping, manifold, dump, Westgate all welded up and ready to get pulled out and get powder coated black and ceramic coating, including throttle body powder coated black. Also will get the radiator powder coated in black. Blow off valve to be fabed up when everything gets taken out so it can be hidden somewhere underneath the piping.

So moving forward tomorrow the engine will get taken out and the shell sent to get some small body work done on the front guards and then prepp for paint. Also need to get a clutch stop fabricated up so my leg doesn't go through the firewall lol.

I have asked the guys at Race Solutions to replace the oil pump, rear main seal replaced, timing belt replaced, rear head oil drain installed and some other bits and pieces to ensusure the longevity of the RB26. 

So we test fitted the R33 GTST front and rear breaks to SW brackets and all was well. We also fitted the 15x8 Watanabe wheels and we had good clearance on the front caliper and wheel but had issues with the rear caliper touching the inside of the wheel spoke. It was the Nissan lettering that was touching the spokes. Might need to machine the lettering or figure something out. But definitely will not machine the wheels.

Happy Restos Guys 

Youhan

FB_IMG_1563080652325.jpg

FB_IMG_1563080667299.jpg

FB_IMG_1563080677921.jpg

Edited by JDM-TOY

• 4 weeks later...

Some more progress pictures of the S30z. Finally mounted up the Motorsport rear spoiler and really happy with the fit. The only issue we had was the rear hatch lock cutout was off centered and couldn't align it with the lock. Might need to make some modifications.

All panels have been aligned just need to mount up the front valance and lip. The car will be ready for highfill, finally.

20190812_121451.jpg

20190812_121443.jpg

Edited by JDM-TOY

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, CroS13 said:

Hey i see... my car haha! 

Progress is looking good on yours bud! hopefully both our cars will be done soon!

Rudi.

Were have you been bro lol long time no speak. 

Yeah definitely same time, mine should be in highfill this week but haven't confirmed with Marcel

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys 

Been a while now waiting for my car to get painted. Its been blocked down amd hopefully will have the inside of the cabin painted in black this week and then the shell after that. 

Have been organising small things like getting all the cooler pipes, radiator, intercooler, manifold, turbo housing, rear housing and dump pipe all coated in black. Will definitely look sexy when put together.  Heading there on Friday and will take some pictures to post up.

Also took all the door, hatch hinges and latch mechanisms and door lock mechanisms, bonet locks and stay and got them enamel coated gold. Just small details that I think will make a difference. 

I keep telling myself soon, soon, soon, ahhhhhh taking so long, soon soon.

SERENITY NOW!

20191022_111050.jpg

Where did you take all your stuff to get plated? and how long did it take?

Not really going to go back to the place i took my stuff to. I only had a small painting cup worth of parts, and it took them 6 - 8 weeks to do.

Rudi.

Hey @Cozza @CroS13

Thanks guys 

I had them done at Elite Plating at Smithfield,  NSW. Took less than 2 weeks and Chris charged me $120 for the lot. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=elite+plating&oq=elite+pla&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.5082j0j9&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chaps 

Picked up all the powder coated pipes, radiator, intercooler and turbo housing a few days ago and man everything looks mint. 

Just a small glimpse for you guys. Ill put more pictures up when everything is assembled in the engine bay. 

20191115_173735.jpg

Edited by JDM-TOY

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, OdinZ said:

Looking good!

and bring them to Melbourne! haha

Probably fit the 2+2 better anyway. Especially in the back. On a serious note I may be able to bring them down with all the other crap I have to move interstate. So if you really do want them, we can probably work something out.

3 hours ago, gav240z said:

Probably fit the 2+2 better anyway. Especially in the back. On a serious note I may be able to bring them down with all the other crap I have to move interstate. So if you really do want them, we can probably work something out.

Sounds good Gavin, when you planning on moving?

Some more better pictures 

Paint looks really nice except for a small section of paint run on the rear passenger quarter next to the bumper moulding and a few dust particles on the edge of the roof on the passenger side. 

20191219_161556.jpg

20191219_161614.jpg

20191219_161628.jpg

20191219_161645.jpg

20191219_162405.jpg

Edited by JDM-TOY