Project Cars 2 Driving Simulator Bathurst

260DET

Obviously some of you blokes are limited by the gaming equipment you have but to be realistic obviously the simulated car should be driven using a H shift, manual clutch etc. I've been trying to relate the simulated lap times to those who have done real laps so the info above helps. A H pattern shift will cost a couple of seconds around Bathurst, auto clutch add a second or two as well. Given that we are seeing perfect lap times, which in reality don't exist, it's all starting to be a bit more realistic. Add it all together and the simulator could have a ten second advantage over your average handy amateur driver.

I think you are spot on with the 10 second difference. The big difference as mentioned before is that you can push right to the edge and over with the sim as there are no consequences. When you are behind the wheel of a real car you have your mortality to think of, so there is always that little bit of margin for error. You also have to consider a level of mechanical sympathy, particularly if you are paying the bills. That all adds up to slower lap times than you can get on a sim.

• 5 months later...

In honour of the day, I have had a little bit more of a go. I finally caved and got Xbox live, so I can now access the Time Trial. Sooooo much easier with the time trial than with practice! Practice would take me forever to get a clean lap as it took about 2 laps to get the tyres fully warm and then if I made a mistake it would often cancel that lap and possibly the next one. Time trail, tyres are warm, and you start at speed just before the last corner so if you stuff up mid lap, you can just reset and go again from the start, not having to do a full lap before you have another go.

Anyway, I only gave it about half an hour and I managed to drop 2 seconds off my time to a 2:27.231. I can't see it on the online leader board yet as I believe that will put me in about 11th place.

Nice time Jeff :)

I've been too preoccupied lately to have a go. Haven't turned on my desktop pc for a couple of months... Lol. Going to have to try and have a go on the weekend. 

Gee, just noticed I'm back to 6th. Dropped the ball, Lol. I see @jeff43is currently running 3rd.

Yea, stinks that xbox aren't represented on the list. 

Edited by RAP260

14 hours ago, HomeBuiltByJeff said:

Just managed to drop a good amount off my time and there is still a bunch more in it. Now down to a 2:25.940.

I have been waiting for my name to show up on the leaderboard, and then I realised it is only for those using PC. I am on Xbox, so I can't compete for that list.

I am expecting my online order for the Xbox one game in the next few days :D

1 hour ago, OdinZ said:

I am expecting my online order for the Xbox one game in the next few days :D

Fantastic. The more on here giving it a go the better. Maybe @260DET can edit the first post on this thread with Zcar leaderboard, or we can start a new thread with one?

I am doing that on Porsche Forum Australia. The only issue I have is that as I drive Bathurst with a GT3 as well, it only gives the ghost option for your fastest time regardless of car, so I can't get a ghost for the Z. 

P.S. If any are interested I have a 2:08.691 in the GT3 R.

Edited by HomeBuiltByJeff