My Blue 260Z 2Seater

http://imgur.com/a/H2HMA

Well im slowly making room for my new datsun project to start happening so figured would try and put up a build thread here.

Its a 76 2 seater automatic in need of some tlc. Wanting to take it back to original colour scheme of the blue outside white/cream inside.

But first to get it mechanically sorted enough for rego. Then maybe some bodywork or manual conversion.

Tidy looking car for a project, don't go manual just because it's the thing to do, a performance modified auto with a manual shift would work very well but it would be more expensive than a manual conversion.

• 11 months later...

Very nice, I love the early TA and RA. This is my old 76 RA23 with a S15 setup that I sold a while back, a little rocket.

Wouldn't mind getting a TA22 in the factory yellow. I had the opportunity to buy some yellow ones that came up but missed out.

Enjoy champ

Very nice, I love the early TA and RA. This is my old 76 RA23 with a S15 setup that I sold a while back, a little rocket.

Wouldn't mind getting a TA22 in the factory yellow. I had the opportunity to buy some yellow ones that came up but missed out.

Enjoy champ

post-106017-0-48134700-1528506719_thumb.jpg

post-106017-0-10933100-1528506741_thumb.jpg

post-106017-0-69693700-1528506768_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, TOO60Z said:

At least they didn't hack the console fascia out and leave a gaping hole.

Yes, VERY fortunate about that. The console was perfect condition

• 3 months later...

Well took the panel off in front of the front screen today to have a look. Was surprised not to find any large rust holes around. 3 or 4 very small holes under the padded areas but otherwise it's all solid. Yay.

Might pull the front guards off next, what's the best way to attack that ?

20181014_173059.jpg

Well giving these wheels a quick polish and repaint also to see how they look.

They are only 14x6.5 but if they suit will get them professionally rebuilt and widened down the other end of the build. Just trying to get it looking a little better visually to help boost momentum lol

20160730_135912.jpg