Rust Repair Sections And Suppliers.

• Administrators

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd start a new topic with links to various suppliers of S30Z panels and sections for rust / damage repair. I've written a small description of what each supplier offers that may be unique.

All Muscle Car Parts (Australia)

Full doors frames+skins, bonnets (vented and non-vented), reproduction tail lamps ,bumpers etc..

Alfaparts (Canada)

1/4 panel sections, dog legs and rear 1/4 lower section (where bumper goes)

Tabco (North America) - Use site search feature.

Lower fender, sills, rear 1/4 (guards area), lower door skin, wheel house, dog leg, hatch slam panel

Rare Spares (Australia)

Floor pressings, full door skins, chassis rail sections, skills etc..

Automotive Panel Craft (Australia)

Made 260z 2+2 sections, may be able to help with other bespoke sections and panels.

ZeddFindings (Canada)

Rear lower valance sections (240z up to 73 S30Z's etc), floors, later floors (260z/280z/S31 etc..), frame rails

Bad Dog Parts

Seat mounts, frame rails etc..

Four Ways Engineering (UK)

Radiator support frame (not currently listed on website).

Nat0 - (South Australia) - Bespoke / AdHoc based on demand.

Frame rails, radiator support, etc..

indigo123music (UK) - Facebook Page (Auto Panel Solutions)

Does RHD firewall sections, floors, floor rails, rear slam panel, chassis rail sections etc..

Can you think of more? If so please add/comment below.

w115240d - eBay Seller in Austria.

Producing floor pans, under trays (steel ones), slam panels etc..

KF Vintage - Reproducing seat rails, inner sill panels, and working on adding new sections for 240z/260z/280z, but also 510s.

S30 World - reproduction fuel tanks to suit S30Z's. Replace beaten up and internally rusted tanks with a new 1 instead.

Edited by gav240z
S30 world link added.

The Z Store (USA)? Or are they purely retailers of Tabco or whoever's panels?

Anything still available from Thailand, the Philippines or Asia these days? Used to be able to get guards, headlamp buckets and door repair panels.

Edited by gilltech

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure Motorsport Auto in the US are just resellers for existing vendors.

Not sure if they use / source from Tabco - I assume they do?

I'm not sure on suppliers of aftermarket parts in Asia, if you know of any company names / contact folks please list them!

• 2 years later...

I was just going to post a question regarding this, so thanks gav240z.

Ive just put my 240 vin 317, also in 907 green into the shop to get straightened, and i need a few body panels.

Out of all those suppliers , who supplies the best fitting panels?

heres a photo of the dato

20190604_131104.jpg

20190604_135507.jpg

20190604_135523.jpg

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, foz said:

Hi Gav,

plenty, not a 100% yet, still working on the list.

door sills, rear quarters, internal mudguards, maybe the rear bottom panel

A bit like Jeffs 240 project

Door sills = OEM (if you can find them) I do see some on Yahoo! Auctions Japan from time to time. Or look at Tabco.

Rear quarters - You're out of luck for full size OEM ones. I've managed to find NOS searching globally. I currently have a NOS passenger quarter stuck in the Netherlands that I'm trying to get here. @C.A.F. have discussed using my OEM panels to scan and tool up to reproduce because Nissan hasn't been forthcoming in reproducing them yet. In the interim you can get Tabco based ones that cover the wheel arch portion of the rear 1/4, but for anything larger best bet is second hand (better ones) if yours have been crumbled beyond reasonable use.

I did experiment with importing from the US but a pair of quarters I imported once blasted were not in as good condition as initially thought, so I felt a bit guilty selling them. Of course I wasn't to know what was under the paint, but it put me off the idea of sourcing more. My thoughts are North American cars have received a good bogging up over the years and stripping back the paint can reveal a multitude of horrors.

Internal mudguards? Do you mean the wheel house for the rears? Tabco does those, but the front splash shields that go inside the guards should be easy enough to source second hand in ok shape.

Rear valance/beaver - Hmmm.. I did import 1 from Canada from ZeddFindings but I would not recommend this section, as it took a lot of work to 're-work' it. Part of the problem was the thick gauge steel used was many times thicker than OEM and to get that curvature with the dye press in the middle was very hard to work it.

You can see how I'm going here.

I actually managed to find a NOS rear valance section (upper and lower) but has some water damage / rust from sitting in a storage area that had water ingress over the years. I'm thinking I'll repair it since the rest of it is ok. But these are almost impossible to find (NOS), I was bidding on 1 in the UK that sold for $4,500 AUD before shipping, taxes etc.. It's not an easy section to repair/re-make however so hopefully the top half of your section is ok?

In which case I'd recommend this UK seller.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/indigo123music/
Who does a much better reproduction piece (from what I understand).
https://www.jdmjunkies.ch/wordpress/2019-05-09/240z-new-rear-lower-valance-arrived/

If you have a good panel beater, who can fabricate some of this stuff it may end up being cheaper than trying to work in reproduction panels. It's a difficult judgement call that gets easier with experience I'm afraid. So will depend on the extent of the rust in your car and where it is etc..

On 6/11/2019 at 6:03 PM, gav240z said:

Rear quarters - You're out of luck for full size OEM ones. I've managed to find NOS searching globally. I currently have a NOS passenger quarter stuck in the Netherlands that I'm trying to get here. @C.A.F. have discussed using my OEM panels to scan and tool up to reproduce because Nissan hasn't been forthcoming in reproducing them yet

I might be able to help out with the scanning 8)

240z scan.PNG

• Administrators
8 hours ago, smugley said:

I might be able to help out with the scanning

I have a spare roof skin, and OEM rear valance section (with some rust in the middle) that I'd love to model for reproduction purposes.

22 hours ago, smugley said:

240z scan.PNG

Smugley, I'm interested in possibly getting a copy of this, if you are willing. My FZ-L has been in a front end at some time and I would like to check some of the dimensions. I would pull the file into Fusion360. The service manual only has a few key points. 

FYI, I'm based in Melb.  

• Administrators

Only problem, that car looks like it's had a front-end whack before.

My early 240z HS30 00051 has never had a front-end knock and would serve as a good template.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

New contender.

https://showmeclassicparts.com

Has 1600 rear 1/4 panels etc..

Maybe they will do S30Z rear 1/4 panels and similar stuff in future? Current list of available sections here:

https://showmeclassicparts.com/catalog/Datsun-240z-260z-280z-1970-1978.php

They're just re-sellers of parts out of the same Taiwanese factory as the Muscle Car Parts stuff, and seem to be generally more expensive - eg Muscle Car Parts sells 1600 rear 1/4's for AU$650, they are selling the exact same bits for US$632 (I assume the prices are in US$ ?), 240Z bonnets from MCP are AU$1250, they have them for US$1100

Edited by 1600dave

• Administrators

Yeah I messaged them about rear valance sections and 1/4 panels and they said their supplier is working on it.

It seems everyone is a reseller, but I wonder who is actually making them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't know of anyone who makes that section aftermarket specifically, despite is being 1 of the most common rust traps. So if eBay seller indigo123 can do them, then yes. But I'd consider getting a local metal worker to shape it for you and do the repair, since shipping of that section + cost in GBP will add up and may still need "tweaking" to fit your car.

Do you need the tray or the curved part underneath or both?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 4/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, gav240z said:

indigo123music (UK) - Facebook Page (Auto Panel Solutions)

Does RHD firewall sections, floors, floor rails, rear slam panel, chassis rail sections etc..

My review of their lower valance section is here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 5:12 PM, smugley said:

240z scan.PNG

Me and my friends are doing a 3D project. We need an accurate engine bay scan. Could you perhaps send this over? Despite  this post being so many years old, we're in desperate need for resources. Thanks.