What Did You Do On Your Z Today?

I used a fine hacksaw and a gas torch to remove mine (carefully burnt the rubber bushing cores out). A long slow but effective process. That was more than 3 decades ago, they were well seized up when the car was only about 12 yrs old.

I installed new pins and bushings with generous amounts of copper grease as advised by a mechanic friend. They are still free to this day, I've checked. I wonder whether Nissan used any lubricant at all.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Created a little abomination by sticking together ebay special retro style radio and original hitachi fascia, few finishing touches and it'll be only distinguishable by the little buttons instead of t

Drove it for the first time ever!

Picked up my engine on Saturday, installed it yesterday and hopefully have it all wired and ready for a retune and run in next weekend.

Posted Images

• Administrators

Sometimes they come free with ease. Other times you need to force them out and can be a massive pain in the butt.

36 minutes ago, NickF said:

are new pins readily available locally ?

Genuine Nissan or SW Motorsport.

FWIW I never have an issue with them - a 20T press and heating the housing with the oxy gets them out. 

Edited by C.A.F.