The Weatherstrip Kit Thread 240/260Z

road rider

• 3 weeks later...

Had my front and rear screens fitted today.

Front screen rubber was Precision from MSA and fitted very well according to fitter....would bang again.

Rear was genuine and fitted as expected.

Pretty impressed with all of the Precision stuff, would recommend.

• 3 months later...

Kent,

So true about some of the shipping charges out of the US.

Agno,

Have read a lot of reviews about the aftermarket door seals and how they are not a good fit. It's the one thing that bothers me as well.

I am presuming that most of the aftermarket kits out of the USA would be made by Precision, so the door weatherstrips would be much the same from whoever you bought them from.

Scotts Old Rubber Co must have sold out to Rare Spares.

When you visit Scotts web page and click on the product link description, it takes you to the relevant part on Rare Spares site!

I also looked into the Kia Sportage weatherstrips.

To buy them new from a dealer it will cost $170ea. May as well get OEM!

As well as that, because they are not a popular item(Kia don't sell many)there's no stock in the country and it will have to be special order from Korea.

The seal is meant to work well as a replacement for the hatch as well.

Best bet would be to source them from a wrecking yard somewhere at a decent price.

:)  ;D 

Based on info from a USA website you can get new Kia Sportage weatherstrips for a semi reasonable price  from http://www.koraps.com//

I have ordered 2 and the cost delivered from Korea totals $117

The item numbers are : 0K01859760B and 0K01858760B

• Administrators

Please let us know how they go when you arrive and fit them?

Some Korean car dealer is going to be wondering why suddenly there is a rush on for Sportage weather strips. :D

Please let us know how they go when you arrive and fit them?

Some Korean car dealer is going to be wondering why suddenly there is a rush on for Sportage weather strips. :D

Shall do, tried to get used ones from various wreckers however they were either no longer on the car shells or were torn.

I found this photo of how the Kia weatherstrip(right) looks compared with factory(left) and aftermarket(centre).

post-105219-0-46064500-1516775553_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
OK, Kia Sportage door seals arrived and looked good as the seal felt softer than the one I had looked at from Clark Rubber. They each come as a joined loop and the join makes a good point to have the 90 degree bend.

The photo below shows the Kia on the right (metal showing) and a sample Clark Rubber one on the left (of the upside down photo!).

post-105219-0-39172200-1519211085_thumb.jpg

The Kia's seal is of similar size but the rubber is thinner and less dense. It seems to be a good fit all round however still requires a bit more of an effort to close the door than previously but this is probably because the old original seals were stuffed!

post-105219-0-86135200-1519211136_thumb.jpg

post-105219-0-30753600-1519211195_thumb.jpg

post-105219-0-31013800-1519211273_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndBir

• 1 year later...

I am going to purchase another KIA Sportage door seal to use for the rear hatch seal and wondered if anyone was interested in combining an order to save on postage?

Part Number : 0K01858760B (0K018-58760B)

· Part Name : WTHSTP-FRT DOOR

· Model Name : SPORTAGE 94-02
* Some parts are compatible with other models.

· Manufacturer : HYUNDAI / KIA GENUINE PARTS

Me me me! I got given a price of $185 per door for second hand one from wreckers the other day......so yes, I would like to get these! haha

Not sure which ones I need the doors on my 2+2 though if anyone can help with that?

2 hours ago, OdinZ said:

Not sure which ones I need the doors on my 2+2

On a 2 seater the KIA sportage door seals leave about 30cms "excess" so on a 2+2 it will be too small. With this in mind if you want to use the KIA ones you will need to purchase 3 of them and probably use the 3rd one to make up the shortfall on the door sill area of each side.

Edited by AndBir

On 10/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, AndBir said:

On a 2 seater the KIA sportage door seals leave about 30cms "excess" so on a 2+2 it will be too small. With this in mind if you want to use the KIA ones you will need to purchase 3 of them and probably use the 3rd one to make up the shortfall on the door sill area of each side.

Good info! Thanks!

3 hours ago, AndBir said:

Ordering a Kia Sportage front door weatherstrip tomorrow - so let me know if you are interested.

Yeah I happy to grab the three like you said. Where abouts are you in VIC?

• 1 year later...

Reviving a very old but very valuable thread! Couldn’t find any newer info or newer threads on the topic so I wanted to keep any new info together. 

Im just wondering if anyone has installed the Zcardepot weatherstrip kit? I purchased their weatherstrip kit recently and just wanted any reviews or thoughts.

https://zcardepot.com/collections/weatherstripping/products/weatherstriping-kit-rubber-seal-240z-260z-280z-70-78

If you’re thinking “this guy is no where near needing seals”. You are correct. But I will need seals when replacing outer rockers and doors so I can start gapping panels/doors properly from the start of the process. 

from what I have read most of these weatherstrip kits contain mostly precision seals with some randoms thrown in. So I didn’t think it was overly critical which supplier I went through. They were having 10% off for Black Friday so I took the leap of faith. Also got their grommet bumper kit.

https://zcardepot.com/products/rubber-bumper-body-grommet-and-hole-plug-kit?variant=19280395665521

Total shipped $747aud , I couldn’t believe I spent that much on a box of rubber....:(

Ryan 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/24/2018 at 10:53 AM, AndBir said:

Based on info from a USA website you can get new Kia Sportage weatherstrips for a semi reasonable price  from http://www.koraps.com//

I have ordered 2 and the cost delivered from Korea totals $117

The item numbers are : 0K01859760B and 0K01858760B

Koraps no longer in business

Kia may have discontinued the door seals

image.png.060dd39bd035f18a816fe48e060954e0.png