Carpet Sets For Coupe And 2+2 From Ausclassics

Hi All

We now have carpet kits available for both the 240 Coupe and 260 Coupe & 2+2 directly from us. (Set Picture is the coupe set)

There were problems with these in the past especially when suppliers were selling out to each others so in order to have these correct and available I went and saw Lindsay at the Z-shop along with couple of owners and fully re-patterned these from scratch to have a fully correct well fitting set.  Chat with him if you like he has fitted kits to customer cars.

We have made quite a few of these now and everyone is very happy with them.

We can make these in original Black loop or any of our offered colours in both Loop and Plush Pile

We can do one piece cargo mats in Black and Grey, other colours will have a discrete seam due to the original material being 1m wide

They are $380 including Australia wide delivery for the whole kit.

Happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Regards

Stuart

www.ausclassics.com

Feedback on the sets 
"Looks Great thanks mate, Love Your Work"
"Excellent, Thank You"

post-100421-0-59858300-1488342419_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-02723000-1488342476_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-08479300-1488342528_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-51218100-1488342583_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-16185000-1488342622_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-98757300-1488342659_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-31452300-1488342696_thumb.jpg

post-100421-0-67705900-1488342830_thumb.jpg

Hi Stuart,

Do you only sell the sets or can you order individual or pairs of items?

Also, I see from my original early 260Z drivers side mat (photo below) that the carpet had cut outs for brackets on the firewall (accelerator / foot rest?) - are your carpets shorter so as to not reach the brackets?

Thanks, Andrew.

post-105219-0-50451500-1488343909_thumb.jpg : 05/1974 260z drivers side floor mat.

As I said Lurch due to problems with suppliers, quality and fit we have started from scratch and do them ourselves.
If you wish to look through past threads you will also find I offered to fix any problems anyone might still be having  - an offer which I still stand by.

Yes Andrew I can do pieces but don't guarantee the materials will be an exact match as the suppliers are changing these as indeed they have over the last 5 years where all available carpet has undergone some significant changes.

The square hole can be simply marked or cut out and yes if you would prefer I can cut them short just mention these things when you place the order.
Also they have a heavy backing on the main mats and won't bunch up like that one you have pictured.

As stated above we have used original carpets and worked with the Z- Shop to get these correct to the original fit of them.

• Moderators

I hope you've upped your game Stewart - last time I checked you didn't have many happy customers from this site...

Yeah, I had exactly the same thought when I saw this thread.

But it sounds like Stewart has sorted out those issues. Hopefully we will see some good feedback from cutomers moving forward.

Might even be in the market myself, the interior in my bus is tne next "big" job to do on mine.

Cheers

PB

G'day  Retro Z
We have in the past supplied roll carpet for these areas and can easily do that.

If someone has a set of patterns/old vinyl for these areas I can make up the parts for these areas, sewn to fit like the vinyl does.

Any patterns would be returned and a discount given to who supplied them.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

On the 10th of March I purchased a 2+2 carpet kit from Stuart from Ausclassics and was told It should be a 2-3 week turn around. I thought that time frame was very good and happily paid in full as he said he had a template ready to go.... 3 weeks later I contacted him to ask if it was in the post and was told he needed another week, didnt have an issue with that. He then stopped responding to emails was hard to contact via phone. This went on for a further 4 weeks. When I did get to chat to him I was told he was having trouble with templates and it would be finished the next week, then the next week, then the next week after that. It reached a point a week ago I lost it and requested a full refund and was then told he was going to work all weekend to get it done. It has now been 13 weeks this week and have finally been told its in the post.

I really hope its correct otherwise it will be sent back for a refund.

All in all dont offer a service if you cant actually offer that service on time or close to it.

I will update soon to let everyone know if this kit fitted

• 2 weeks later...

Its now the 16th June and still no carpet.... apparently its been posted but it has been 16 days since I was told that. Its not that far from Melbourne to Adelaide!!! I have tried to get in contact with Stuart but he won't give me tracking details and communication has now become very vague AGAIN!!. His communication as a buisness operator is very poor and 98% of the time I have been chasing him for info.

I really dont hold much hope for fitment or quality but I may be proved wrong. Regardless of that, just based on my experience so far I will not be recommending his service.

Chris

Edited by blu260z

Hi guys an update on carpets apparently the courier company lost the first set of carpets (a load of bullshit) so stuart was kind enough to whip up a set over his weekend and send them first thing monday and I recieved them this afternoon. As per what I thought, THEY DONT FIT.... nothing fits. The hatch carpet is aprox 120mm short. The sections under the passenger seat and behind the seat are way to wide and curl up the gearbox tunnel. The drivers front floor carpets go all the way up the firewall. It curls up past the steering column and clash with the accelerator stop bolt and the foot rest on the cluch side. The passengers side front goes up and touches the fan box behind to dash.

This is ridiculous and I will be awaiting a reply from Stuart to see how he is fixing this. To be honest I dont want his carpet and money back is what I will be fighting for.

I have more pictures but seem to be getting an error message to with nothing selected nothing uploaded.

post-103875-0-15639500-1498131315_thumb.jpg

post-103875-0-28421700-1498131358_thumb.jpg

Edited by blu260z

Mate I hope you get your money back. I dont mind waiting for a good product to be made as long as it's delivered when they say it will be, not months later and then it's all wrong. F.... Such a shame as I was considering buying a carpet set off them aswell. But not now.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys a little update I now have a full carpet kit that fits!! Stuart arranged for the carpets to be picked up and taken back to his workshop, however the address that I sent them back to was TRU-fit carpets??? He must be outsourcing work to them, they were cut as per MY chalk lines however this took 3 weeks to happen. I was told that they had been posted many times but once again that bloody courier company who steals carpet kits and doesnt hand out tracking details were back at it again according to Stuart. So finally on the 21st of July a carpet kit arrived on my doorstep a total of 134 days after making full payment and only 106 days late. To say I am peeved is an understatement.... excuse after excuse, lack of communication, me chasing him all the time for updates and the plain bullshit that he has never seen a 260z 1976 2+2 floorpan like mine. Stuart is still the same guy with the same company as many years ago and If you read this and consider Ausclassics for your carpets do your research first.

I will credit him on 1 thing. He did EVENTUALLY supply me a carpet kit. Other than that I have nothing more to say.

Chris

• 5 months later...

I do find it rather annoying that every single issue with every person with Ausclassics has been addressed.  

Including people with cars which are different to every other car there has been templates for. Items rectified and sent at zero cost to customers and offers to rectify things not taken up.

And whilst people will happily come here and mention the problems nobody has mentioned the followup.

These are some of the most difficult cars to make carpets for especially the 2+2s which have 4 different floors.

How did we discover this? people like blu260z were sent a kit from known patterns and then had to have custom changes made in order for it to fit their cars which were done at no charge.

His final response to me including that he won't accept the different floors......  Even in his posts above ( I can show people photos if you all don't believe!

"Hi Stuart just emailing to let you know I received the carpets and have installed them without many issues.

I would like to credit you on the fact that you eventually got the carpets to me.
However the fact I waited 134 days total since I first payed was ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that my 76 2+2 has a floor pan that has never been seen before. You need to sort out your templates before offering a service you say you can provide, or atleast take only a deposit at the start.

I wish I had better things to say but I dont. Unfortunately I will not be recommending Ausclassics to anyone..

Chris" - blu260Z    Thanks though for confirming I did the right thing 

I have bent over backwards to overcome these carpets being either of poor quality or not available and covered all problems at my costs...

Would you all rather that they just didn't exist at all?  Lindsay from the Z-Shop is certainly very pleased as are the vast majority of customers....  we have sold over 25 sets of these now since making our own patterns

These are some comments we have received on Ebay....  

"Great product, fast service!"

"Carpet is of good quality and fits well"

"Looks great thanks mate love your work"

"Excellent. Thank you"

Even Craig admits that they are right above!

Edited by ausclassics

P.S.

I can also show in photos how Craig's car is totally different in the front than all others because of where he has installed the vinyl in the tunnel (incorrectly) also fixed at my cost with custom made items specially made to suit how he has prepared his car!!

I bought some carpets off Stuart for my 260z 2 seater and they came on time with a phone call to double check the exact model within an hour of purchasing on eBay.

Love the finish, can't fault them apart from that the drivers floor mat required a little trim around the steering column. Not a big deal, that's all I'd suggest could be improved. Cheers!

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2017 at 3:57 PM, ausclassics said:

As I said Lurch due to problems with suppliers, quality and fit we have started from scratch and do them ourselves.
If you wish to look through past threads you will also find I offered to fix any problems anyone might still be having  - an offer which I still stand by.

Yes Andrew I can do pieces but don't guarantee the materials will be an exact match as the suppliers are changing these as indeed they have over the last 5 years where all available carpet has undergone some significant changes.

The square hole can be simply marked or cut out and yes if you would prefer I can cut them short just mention these things when you place the order.
Also they have a heavy backing on the main mats and won't bunch up like that one you have pictured.

As stated above we have used original carpets and worked with the Z- Shop to get these correct to the original fit of them.

No he doesn't do them himself, he outsources Tru Fit to make them for him...and they still don't fit

Be aware, a shonk!

On 3/1/2017 at 3:04 PM, ausclassics said:

We now have carpet kits available for both the 240 Coupe and 260 Coupe & 2+2 directly from us. (Set Picture is the coupe set)

There were problems with these in the past especially when suppliers were selling out to each others so in order to have these correct and available I went and saw Lindsay at the Z-shop along with couple of owners and fully re-patterned these from scratch to have a fully correct well fitting set.  Chat with him if you like he has fitted kits to customer cars.

We have made quite a few of these now and everyone is very happy with them.

Is this so? How come mine didn't fit then, when I ordered it from you? Still waiting on refund!!!

On 3/1/2017 at 8:57 PM, PB260Z said:

Yeah, I had exactly the same thought when I saw this thread.

But it sounds like Stewart has sorted out those issues. Hopefully we will see some good feedback from cutomers moving forward.

Might even be in the market myself, the interior in my bus is tne next "big" job to do on mine.

Cheers

PB

Stay clear of him, he's full of it!

On 1/9/2018 at 12:34 PM, ausclassics said:

I do find it rather annoying that every single issue with every person with Ausclassics has been addressed.  

Including people with cars which are different to every other car there has been templates for. Items rectified and sent at zero cost to customers and offers to rectify things not taken up.

And whilst people will happily come here and mention the problems nobody has mentioned the followup.

These are some of the most difficult cars to make carpets for especially the 2+2s which have 4 different floors.

How did we discover this? people like blu260z were sent a kit from known patterns and then had to have custom changes made in order for it to fit their cars which were done at no charge.

His final response to me including that he won't accept the different floors......  Even in his posts above ( I can show people photos if you all don't believe!

"Hi Stuart just emailing to let you know I received the carpets and have installed them without many issues.

I would like to credit you on the fact that you eventually got the carpets to me.
However the fact I waited 134 days total since I first payed was ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that my 76 2+2 has a floor pan that has never been seen before. You need to sort out your templates before offering a service you say you can provide, or atleast take only a deposit at the start.

I wish I had better things to say but I dont. Unfortunately I will not be recommending Ausclassics to anyone..

Chris" - blu260Z    Thanks though for confirming I did the right thing 

I have bent over backwards to overcome these carpets being either of poor quality or not available and covered all problems at my costs...

Would you all rather that they just didn't exist at all?  Lindsay from the Z-Shop is certainly very pleased as are the vast majority of customers....  we have sold over 25 sets of these now since making our own patterns

These are some comments we have received on Ebay....  

"Great product, fast service!"

"Carpet is of good quality and fits well"

"Looks great thanks mate love your work"

"Excellent. Thank you"

Even Craig admits that they are right above!

If you can't produce quality carpet that fits perfectly, don't advertise and boast that you can. And when unsuspecting customers ask for their money back, do it in a reasonable time without making hundreds of excuses. 

This Stuart needs to be investigated. His so called exact fitting carpets do not fit, yet he boadts that they do. Don't buy from him, you will be dissapointed. He sends a template to Tru Fit who make the carpets for him. When they don't fut he gets you to return them to Tru Fit. He then claims he is so busy. I have contacted  A Current Affair to investigate him.

• PB260Z locked this topic