2016 Christmas Bbq.

Gordo

Was thinking the same Simon. With all the car shows on so close together, people are choosing there priority show, you can't get to all of them. Unfortunately for us , we have been going since 2008 and in the last few years the Melbourne Datsun Show and Classic Japan have crowded us, and even a couple more shows are floating around. Well have another go next year. Zeds in the front row.(if we can fill it) and any other cars of interest can park next to the zeds.

Once again thanks to the regulars for the support.

post-101507-0-14869800-1480399331_thumb.jpg

post-101507-0-60473700-1480399382_thumb.jpg

Yes Lurch. I've asked a few of the regulars and even at the Melbourne Datsun day. They still think is worth having the BBQ at our place.

Lets see what the people think. We have lots of time to work something out. Cheers.

• Administrators

I tend to agree with Peter space them out if possible. A long weekend at the end of summer? I think a winter meet may put people off?

Nothing happens all year then you have 3-4 events at a busy time of year for a lot of folks.

Past experience tells me that no matter what date you have planned for an event there are some people that miss out, I try to plan at least six months ahead if I know a date I lock it in. The past 2 years that I attended were well represented by members, so something  has changed, most likely we are all time poor these days,  I am juggling three clubs myself and that's a bit tricky sometimes, any long weekend is out for me as suggested, whats the answer?  dunno. We can either make an event or not, I don't think changing the date will achieve the result you are hoping for, but if it were to change early November just before Xmas is kicking in.

just my 2cents

Linton

Couldn't make it this year because I had already booked and payed for the weekend away at Rosebud Rockfest long before the date was set for the BBQ. Thought I could still get there, but it wasn't practical in the end and I was very disappointed.

I hope you don't change the format, or hook it up to some other event.

To me the BBQ is a special day because it is just Zeds. It's a small group of great people with a common interest and has a relaxed friendly atmosphere, more so than the bigger shows like Classic Jap and Datsun Day.

I hope the tradition continues.