1974 Datsun 260Z For Sale

jimmy26

• Administrators

Hey i am interested. Anyone want to look at it for me for $$?

Can you find out where it's located in Sydney area? I may be able to go take a look if it's not too far from the inner west suburbs.

If it is $12500, seems like a lot of money to me , just a cosmetic resto is $10k to $12k in parts and materials, paint, trim,etc, and I can see rust in the drivers floorpan,and that is if you can do it yourself !!

If you had to farm out the whole job it is probably a $30k resto minimum !!  It is after all only a 260z, not an early 240 !!   you can buy tidy ones for that need minor work for $20 to $25K, so to me it is more like a $6k car, not $12K  !!  But hey, someone will pay the ,money !!

Gavin, happy for you to delete the ad. Too many tyre kickers. btw - I asked you how to edit the ad the other day and you didn't reply. Please delete the ad.

Jimmy if you are using a smartphone, tap your original post, you'll then have an option to edit the post. Otherwise just put your price in a new post.

Not that I'm on the lookout for purchasing another car but I'm interested to see what you're hoping to get for it. The value of these cars has gone crazy over the last few years but are worth significantly more if the body condition is good.

Good luck with the sale either way Mate.

• Administrators

Gavin, happy for you to delete the ad. Too many tyre kickers. btw - I asked you how to edit the ad the other day and you didn't reply. Please delete the ad.

Not sure what you're talking about, when and where did you ask me how to edit an ad? You have 2 posts and I don't think I've received a PM or email from you...

You should be trying to help a new member instead of trying to criticise them. btw - you still haven't told me how to edit to include a price on my post. Aren't you suppose to be the administrator helping other people on this site. You posted that you are going to give this post the boot because I haven't put a price on the post, please take the post off. This isn't the site to sell any Datsun. I think all you are trying to do is be a big bully.

Jimmy if you are using a smartphone, tap your original post, you'll then have an option to edit the post. Otherwise just put your price in a new post.

Not that I'm on the lookout for purchasing another car but I'm interested to see what you're hoping to get for it. The value of these cars has gone crazy over the last few years but are worth significantly more if the body condition is good.

Good luck with the sale either way Mate.

Thanks mate, you are the only one who has told me how to edit the post. Thanks for that. Maybe you should be the administrator of this site. Thanks.

sorry to be yet another unhelpful poo bag but you have sold a car before haven't you? 4 lines is not helpful to anyone looking so this may be why you have so many 'tyre kickers' aka 'people that want to know more because your add contains nothing'..... if you don't want people hassling you for more details which they will because they don't want to buy an absolute POS then you should have put as much detail as possible

As minimum for a car in this crappy condition your should at least list rust and mechanical issues....considering these things rust to buggery and the $$$ are in the body

Edited by 74zzz

This isn't a site it's a Community and being that a new member can't just walk in with a car for sale at that price without people wanting to know a little more. Being a member here for 8 years tells me you are certainly not a Datsun guy and you probably shouldn't even have that car for sale unless you are willing to Let People Look at It and take necessary information and overall condition of the vehicle. Your price might be low but some people are up to the task of full restoration and some are not. If we as a community have to go by the word of someone none of us have ever met we may as well be sending our information to Nigerian Princes for them to deposit large sums of cash into our accounts..

What a joke! 

@ Jimmy26: You're going to have to lower the price. A 260z isn't as desirable as the 240z (still a good car in its own right), and the car honestly needs a complete restoration. 

If you're willing to drop the car down to a realistic price of 6k or so, I'm sure it'll sell reasonably fast.

• Administrators

I'm not even sure if I should bother, feel like this is going to be a waste of time, but here we go down the rabbit hole...

You should be trying to help a new member instead of trying to criticise them. btw - you still haven't told me how to edit to include a price on my post. Aren't you suppose to be the administrator helping other people on this site. You posted that you are going to give this post the boot because I haven't put a price on the post, please take the post off. This isn't the site to sell any Datsun. I think all you are trying to do is be a big bully.

I've run this site since 2004, I've helped A LOT of folks in that time, as I'm sure many members here will be able to attest to. Not only have I funded the site for many years out of my own pocket (with help from donations and advertising revenue) but I've spent countless hours deleting spammers, updating the code and responding to emails and PMs. All of which I don't get paid for. My first response after I approved your "first" post here was to suggest you ad a price. Otherwise folks will speculate (as has been happening) as to what the current asking price is and it's not really fair to not list a price as many people are interested in an S30Z 2 seater and want to know where they stand. They don't want to get into a private bidding war. If I wanted to be mean I would have not approved your first post and or deleted it until you complied with the rules as stated here. So as a newbie here, here's a tip. Read the rules.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/936-must-read-classifieds-rules/

I didn't bother to tell you how to edit the post because another member already did that, I responded to your accusation that you had already asked me how to edit it, which you did not. You can try and twist it anyway you like but I feel I've got the measure of you already. Hence why I think responding is likely to be a non-productive event and lead to many more non sequitur's from you.

Thanks mate, you are the only one who has told me how to edit the post. Thanks for that. Maybe you should be the administrator of this site. Thanks.

See above...

@ Jimmy26: You're going to have to lower the price. A 260z isn't as desirable as the 240z (still a good car in its own right), and the car honestly needs a complete restoration. 

If you're willing to drop the car down to a realistic price of 6k or so, I'm sure it'll sell reasonably fast.

I have no problem with the asking price (which the seller still has not confirmed), he/she is entitled to ask whatever they want. But I do take issue with their attitude and non-compliance to clearly stated rules. I was going to delete the thread but instead I'll leave it and let others make up their own mind as to what they are dealing with. I was willing to go look at this car on Mark's behalf in Melbourne because I've known him for years and he isn't a time waster or tyre kicker for that matter. But it seems inspecting a car and getting an accurate representation of it is frowned upon by the seller. So you have to wonder what they may be hiding.

*Edit if you sell the car here, keep the $10 (optional) donation fee. Instead put it toward buying yourself a book I read years ago which I think will help you.

https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034

*Signed - the forum bully.

If it is $12500, seems like a lot of money to me , just a cosmetic resto is $10k to $12k in parts and materials, paint, trim,etc, and I can see rust in the drivers floorpan,and that is if you can do it yourself !!

If you had to farm out the whole job it is probably a $30k resto minimum !!  It is after all only a 260z, not an early 240 !!   you can buy tidy ones for that need minor work for $20 to $25K, so to me it is more like a $6k car, not $12K  !!  But hey, someone will pay the ,money !!

I think it is a fair price and i pretty sure it will sell. It may take longer to sell but 2 seat versions are in high demand.