All Japanese Day 5Th June 2016

24 Dat

Hi All 

Its on again   8)  8)  8) this is one of the biggest Japanese car show around it normally gets about 600+ cars on display its a great day out, food stalls coffee vans etc. and loads of cars to check out  Sunday 5th of June 2015,

The February showhttp://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14392-all-japanese-classic-day-14th-feb-2016/  had about 450 great Japanese cars (there was  30+ Z's) on display during the day, and the June show is normally 30% bigger so plan to get there early 

It can be cold in the morning  so be prepared!

It is organised by the Seven of Clubs Mazda Car Club of Qld Inc and the Rising Sun Collectors Register of Australia 

Earnshaw State College Cnr Earnshaw and Tuffnell Road Banyo gates open from 7.30 Free admission but gold coin donation on entry is appreciated

ZCCQ will be there and have the club gazebo up, if you would like to us park up with us and hang out in the gazebo please feel free and bring a chair, if you PM me that you will be there, i will try and hold on to an area big enough for all the Z's on the day. it gets full pretty quickly from 7.30 

Cheers
Dave

Please see the attached flyer 

I will add the entry form when it becomes available 

post-101839-0-64216100-1460357320_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yes definitely postponed  and I will post (or someone will) when the date of the 19th of June  is confirmed.

Below, from the organisers 

ALL JAPANESE DAY 2016

The 2016 All Japanese Day is postponed due to the extreme weather expected on Saturday (tomorrow)

The school grounds will be a quagmire and not usable

We are planning to reschedule the show to 19th June 2016 and will confirm by email and Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

From the organisers

Unfortunately, the All Japanese Day re scheduled for this Sunday the 19 June has to be again postposed due to the uncertainty of the weather and the oval being too wet to take many cars before tuning into a quagmire

We have rebooked the oval for the 3rd of July and hope to see you there

post-101839-0-16196600-1466058398_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Just to let you know that the All Japanese Day i definitely on this Sunday. the weather is looking great, fine with a min of 10 degree and a max of 21, perfect car show weather.  

Great timing, cant be helped!

the Historic Racing Car Club of Qld, is holding its National Historic meet at Morgan Park Warwick, this Fri/Sat&Sun.

Large Classics car displays, 400+ entries for events, plenty of trade food & displays.

Sunday is usually the better day, for the car clubs display, and the on track action.

At least Banyo and the static Modern Japanese car show is way closer to Brisbane !

Yeh but they charge admission don't they Jason, how they think their show is worth a gate charge has got me beat. What amateur motorsport needs is more exposure which will encourage more and better facilities to benefit everyone, charging for something that most punters expect would be free does not help.

Live action! Excitement, real racing, by real racing cars!

Not a static display.

A lot more going on. You'd better not go to other big events, have to pay to get in, gee!

Another Classc all makes static show on, also this sunday, is being promted by Bowdens Premium Car Care, held up at Maleny!

It'll be mainly the revheads and V8 brigade up there, with lts of others.

Lol at claimed hysteric track action, the most action involved there is pissing in each others pockets  ;D

Anyway, this thread is all about the all Jap day, a single coin entrance going to a good cause and Jap cars forever including lots of Z cars. Obviously the pick from what else is on.

Not everyone has race cars and enjoy watching other people enjoy their cars in static display. I also love race cars but don't have the funds.

Edited by peter t

You can quite easily come out to a track and have a play!

No need for racey car, but ne that goes, is a good idea!

At the Historic meets, they run ne or two groups f "aregularity" jst standard cars, nthing trick r fancy, the idea s to get you out on a track, and circulating, and, to have fun, with no pressure.

The SuperSprints mb tend to be a bit more racey like, and can be daunting for first go-ers.

Pleasing to see Jon Siddins has joined the ranks of Group S Racing in his 240Z

Driving very well, qualfied First o/r and has won his frst Group S race.

Three other Datsun Z's competing as well.

Morgan Park Historics, contines with mre racing and regularity, Sunday 3rd July.

All Jap day @ Banyo with lots of cars but not many Z cars. Interesting one 260 with a four, yes four cylinder FJ20 engine in it. Goes quite ok I believe.

post-100733-0-47547600-1467515341_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-77218200-1467515343_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-72911500-1467515345_thumb.jpg

post-100733-0-22026500-1467515348_thumb.jpg

Edited by peter t