'73 Zim 240Z For Sale ***sold***

Classicman

As you are all aware, I'm going to start with the restoration of the '73 QLD Car soon, so I'm putting the Zim car up for sale.  I will give preference to any forum members that may be interested.

If you haven't read the build thread on this yet, then all of the details are here:

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13751-my-73-240z-from-zimbabwe/

I will be posting some new photos on my website today and loading onto carsales as well.  The Melbourne collector who was going to buy the car has not put his money where his mouth is, and I have committed to the other build, so she must go now.  I will be selling her with full ACT Rego.

I will be advertising her for $75k on carsales, but will be willing to negotiate with Forum members.  The price will be controversial no doubt, but you won't be able to restore a car to this level locally for under this price.

Edited by Classicman

Long shot I suppose but would you be interested in a swap for a mint restored 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback. Less than 5k k's since resto. Shelby blue with white stripes, 350w (stroked to 408) - rebuilt c9 gearbox, 9 inch diff. I can give you a full list of things done if you are interested as well as pictures. 

Long shot I suppose but would you be interested in a swap for a mint restored 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback. Less than 5k k's since resto. Shelby blue with white stripes, 350w (stroked to 408) - rebuilt c9 gearbox, 9 inch diff. I can give you a full list of things done if you are interested as well as pictures. 

Ordinarily I would, but I have committed to another build, and have another 6 cars that need to move to kickstart my cashflow again.

Anyone looking for a Zed and thinking this is is expensive - take it from me that if I could turn back time I would have hunted for something like this (and been willing to spend it to buy it) with what I have spent so far on a resto........

And my car was advertised as having been taken back to bare metal a few years before I bought it !

Good luck with the sale Classicman - enjoyed reading through your resto thread while it was all happening

• Moderators

Thanks andyk_79. Watch the next build thread, I think it will be better :-)

Now that is something I have got to see.

I thought this car's build was hyper impressive.

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z

Anyone looking for a Zed and thinking this is is expensive - take it from me that if I could turn back time I would have hunted for something like this (and been willing to spend it to buy it) with what I have spent so far on a resto........

And my car was advertised as having been taken back to bare metal a few years before I bought it !

Good luck with the sale Classicman - enjoyed reading through your resto thread while it was all happening

what you're saying is true,but realistically most of us aren't in a position to fork out $75k, $60k......$50k in one hit for a weekend fun thing. Restoring a 240Z may end up costing you $100k+ and the purchase of the car, but it'll generally take many years to do and spending $10k a year over 10 years is possible.....for some. Classicman I wish I had a spare $75k because I would buy it

• Moderators

Hi,

With the increasing interest and demand for S30 series cars it is only a matter of time before we see people ready to buy completed restorations for numbers appraoching $100K, it all has to start somewhere.

Well that is my opinion anyway.

I agree with your sentiment, PB260Z.  With the strength of the GBP, the UK guys are already shopping for bargains here.  Unfortunately, people are going to have to start paying "world" prices for decent cars.  It only costs $2,500 to ship a car to the UK, so it really is a global market.

I also agree with your EJ101, it is not easy to come up with this kind of cash for everyone.  There are always different options for different people.  I may consider taking restorable 240's as a part trade in future and send them away for a resto job.  It is my business after all.........

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to you and the new owner. Do you know if it's someone from the forum?

There's going to be lots of 918's on the road soon. :)

Thanks.  Nope, the collector in Melbourne came through in the end.