XRQTR

The Ebay Thread #2 - Post Ebay Parts Here!

So....who sold all of their internal organs (or external...) and bought these 50mm Mikunis for AUD $12K!? :o

46185385_10156138497636559_2549998315009

I love how that's caused a stir on FB. These look rebuilt and cleaned up etc.. well worth it. I spent $1000+ on vapour blasting my carbs and will spend even more on top doing gaskets / fasteners etc.. on top of purchase price shipping + taxes etc..

A good set of 44s will cost $4-5k once sorted on a manifold and installed / tuned etc.. especially if they are a rough set to begin with.

50mm Solex are pretty rare and desirable. Seems reasonable to pay a bit more for them.

Haha, yeah, it's pretty funny!

I agree, plus if you have spent the money on a motor that needs 50mm triple carbs, it makes sense you spend the money on the carbs!

18 hours ago, gav240z said:

Cheap you say!! 

11 hours ago, KatoKid said:

Optimistic

Maybe a little optimistic at US$8575 you think!

But then again, you don't come across car parts made from 'unobtainium' every day now.......do we!

I have two 'new in box' S30's which are worth a lot less - just shows the effects of 'economy of scale' 

image.jpeg.c71088e7a5c7fad36fbaba7b0599e2e8.jpegimage.jpeg.c3a75d5d4ffab2a12810d58db55014a4.jpeg

Edited by GongZ

On 11/14/2018 at 12:36 PM, OdinZ said:

Haha, yeah, it's pretty funny!

I agree, plus if you have spent the money on a motor that needs 50mm triple carbs, it makes sense you spend the money on the carbs!

As someone that has been in this position, this is completely untrue and I would never spend $12k on carbs. When you get to the end of the build, I assure you that you are not looking for more ways to spend money on it. I picked up brand new DCO 50 Webers for $2200 delivered which give the same performance and 80% of the drivability of the Mikuni and put them on the same Harada big-port manifold. For the kind of money you are talking here, you could have a top of the line ITB setup with a good ECU and crank triggered ignition. 

I get that they are cool, but if you are just after the performance there are better and cheaper options.

3 hours ago, CBR Jeff said:

This Ebay seller in the UK has some interesting Z parts for sale

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/indigo123music?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The RHD Bulhead panel kit looks well made as do the frount chassis rails.

Jeff

Certainly has some replacement panels that look to be well made.

Watanabe's - 4x114 Watanabe Wheels with Tyres 14x6.5 0 Offset

$1,300

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kellyville-ridge/wheels-tyres-rims/4x114-watanabe-wheels-with-tyres-14x6-5-0-offset/1202084720

$_20.PNG

Looks similar to the ones on this TAKEEY's Z432, although maybe not as wide?

There is a whole class structure when it comes to rims these days. If you fit the inferior product be prepared to be judged accordingly.