The Global Z-car (S30/S130) Market Thread.

gav240z

HS30 00675 in the UK is for sale.

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/datsun/240z/datsun-240z-1971/7296647

Price: POA (Contact Neil Dickson at Hairpin on +441249760686)

This was the car that was at the Throttle Shop in Sydney and was previously from Lithgow.

I know this is knit picking but why do people do a restoration and not spend $100 re chroming the dash vents. It is the small details that count if you want top dollar. I am sure you can even but repro from MSA.

Very nice apart from that. Does anyone know what the price is ?

• Administrators

Or use incorrect mirrors... But everyone has to draw a line somewhere I guess.

Price is up there, best to ask. Some may fall over if they knew..

• Administrators

Should we place bets ???? I am going low six figures.

You would be on the monies. Considering it was bought for about 69k from the throttle shop, shipped half a world away and restored etc.. just do the math and you'll know the costs etc..

• Administrators

I change my bet to mid 6 figures.

Probably closer to what was invested in it but you're first guess is closer to asking.

Talking about 6 figure prices ::) 

Why is this car sooo expensive?

Not knocking the car at all, it's a thing of beauty and so very tempting if I had that kind of cash at the ready :D

Crazy prices for garage queen cars that probably never see the light of day, only to be stone cold free revved by some goose for a YouTube vid when the ex Jim Fitzgerald C prod SCCA, IMSA GTU 280zx historic racer just sold on bringatrailer in the US for $155k seem so so cheap for what you get. How many million dollar phase 3 owners are rubbing their hands together for the big payday??? Someone do the linky link thing for me , I only work on cars not computers.

Crazy prices for garage queen cars that probably never see the light of day, only to be stone cold free revved by some goose for a YouTube vid when the ex Jim Fitzgerald C prod SCCA, IMSA GTU 280zx historic racer just sold on bringatrailer in the US for $155k seem so so cheap for what you get. How many million dollar phase 3 owners are rubbing their hands together for the big payday??? Someone do the linky link thing for me , I only work on cars not computers.

I was speaking with a few of the young guys at work who into cars and they have no interest in old falcons or holdens.

What will happen to the HO's when no one is old enough to be interested in them ?

My theory is that people's interest in old tech / low tech only goes back so far.

In my younger days I used to see vintage even veteran cars out on rallies on a regular basis. Now where are they? The old boys who restored them have by now long since passed on, and the cars that have out-lasted their owners are generally residing in museums.

Worth quoting just for the pic. There is a 'celebrity' in the US, Adam Carolla, who races a few historic Z race cars, not the greatest driver but he has a go and the videos are good. I would just love to see someone rock up to a historic race here with that 280ZX, cooler than cool. 

Edited by 260DET

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-Z-Series-/272731458118

HLS30-00184

Pulled from eBay already, apparently sold for $19k USD as is.

Car is very original and complete with numbers matching engine. I have the original louvers and mag wheels with it. I do not have the keys. Clean title in my name.

Contact me with any questions

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Administrators

HLS30 00184 previously sold on Craigslist.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14448-the-global-z-car-s30s130-market-thread/?p=176560

It was listed at $5k USD. (April 2016).

Jut gives you an idea of the way prices have moved...although I think the previous for sale price was too low personally..

• Administrators

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C857371

Interesting car, already sold. Note the Kobe Seiko wheels..

This is an ex-works Datsun/Nissan 1972 Montecarlo training car driven by Rauno Aaltonen.

After the Montecarlo it was sent to Portugal and ran by the local official Datsun importers – Entreposto Comercial – as «Team Kendall» in the 1972 and 1973 Portuguese rally championship.

In November 1973 this car entered the RAC Rally with driver Mario Figueiredo and co-driver José Megre.

It was then raced until 1978 by the hands of several Portuguese privateer rally drivers.

This 240Z was fully restored and painted with «Team Kendall» livery by it’s current owner, who keeps it in his private collection. We have many period magazines with photographic references and full results history. Since 2013 it was featured in some Portuguese classic car magazines.

In 2016 entered the «Altronix RallySpirit» with driver and owner Fernando Soares, co-driven by his friend and 1995 FIA Group N Rally Championship champion Nuno Rodrigues da Silva.

This car is ready to race.

8611014.jpg

8611016.jpg

8611018.jpg

8611020.jpg

8611022.jpg

8611024.jpg