The Global Z-car (S30/S130) Market Thread.

gav240z

• Administrators

That rear suspension brace on the bottom of the Z-G is interesting!

I've no idea what that is to be honest, kinda looks out of place along with the rear strut bar and gauges in the din pocket. On an otherwise original / period correct example.

It's a bar that is tying the front diff cross member to the rear lower control arm mounts. I was thinking about doing the same thing while lying under the car on the crawler for many hours, as the rear lower control arm mounts just hang there from the floor. The strut bars are Cusco and since the colours of the braces are the same, they are probably old school Cusco items too. I wonder how well they work?

I love the triple gauges where the stereo goes, i'm doing the same thing to mine.

Awesome, thanks Gareth! I'm going to build me a pair of those although i think that design could be improved for greater stiffness. At least he says in the blog post he felt it made a difference.

they are probably old school Cusco items too.

They are still available, just bough a set few weeks ago.

Also, check this out. LOL. The girl adds new dimension to this listing :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-GT-Coupe-/231541682842?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e8f5b29a&item=231541682842

They are still available, just bough a set few weeks ago.

Also, check this out. LOL. The girl adds new dimension to this listing :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-GT-Coupe-/231541682842?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e8f5b29a&item=231541682842

Hmm, wonder what the definition of 'very rust free' means in his part of the world...

• Administrators

Paint cracking like that usually means 1 thing. Bog. Look at the front of the bonnet.

We all know they rust inside out, that thing is probably not so crash hot under it's "Arizona dry state*" paint work.

My other favorite is "It's a California car, so it's rust free". hahaha, like it never rains in California.

• Administrators

The photo thing...

Very interesting a lot of early details, like 240z pillar badges, swiss cheese rear floor, solid steering wheel, but then center console is later type, no vents in rear hatch etc.. Hard to know what's what. But it does raise the question again when we refer to first 500. I know HLS30 and HS30 cars were probably built in different sequences and dats this might also explain it...

Looking at the gear stick lever I'd say it had an early console originally, so it's likely the original hatch was also removed. From what I've seen of US HLS30's they usually had much higher build #s with the early features. *Edit just read the description after*

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Vehicle:  January 1970 Datsun 240Z VIN HLS3000663

This car comes with a New York State Transferable Registration and Bill Of Sale of which is required in NY to title, register the car.

One of the first Zs on the market this 240Z is a great restoration project with a very good body to start with.

The Date Stamp on the tag says January 1970 build date, but as a true Z enthusiast knows it was most likely built in November of 1969 and was tagged 1970 due to Federal Build Date Laws.  Registry shows cars with higher VIN numbers having build dates in Nov/ Dec of 1969.  This car was originally purchased as a parts car for the chassis of another build but needs to be saved due to its VIN.  We saved this car from being a donor car for a 260Z build with Infinity motor.  Help keep this very early VIN alive.

Numbers Matching Engine with 2400 Valve Cover and E31 Head - Engine Number L24 3377

Transmission is ATK - Made In Japan 5 Speed Manual with Serial Number 7730317

This is NOT a hop and in a drive away car.  This car has a dealer installed sunroof. It will need a restoration to bring it back to its glory.  The Chassis is in very solid condition with the exception of needing floor pans, hole below battery box and a pin size hole above Passenger Quarter Window.  All frame rails, wheel wells, core support hatch are quarters etc are in very solid condition.  Control Arms, Mustache Bar and mounts are all solid and free of rot.

You can see from the picture what parts it will need for completion.  Here is a list to confirm:

Carpet (carpet is decent but not great), passenger door panel (has quarter sized hole in it), rear shock tower vinyl, tail light, passenger fender, carburetors, air box, font bumper, passenger door door jam door latch, original radio, hatch area interior quarter trim panels, rear tail light bezel.  There are other small nominal things needed as well like fasteners,  etc., dashboard has three cracks in it but are repairable.

Parts not original to the car:

Hatch is a Series 2

Speedometer is a Series 2

Center Console may be a Series 2

Please make sure you ask any questions before placing a bid on this car.  It is pick up only.  We are happy to deliver within 400 miles of Zip Code 14904 for an extra delivery fee.  For any questions please email us or call/ text between 9am-7pm EST 607-846-0220.

Buy it now $7,400 USD

• Administrators

HLS30-00935

Looks like it's in rough shape alright...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-240Z-unibody-with-parts-HLS30-00935-Jan-1970-Mfg-Date-/271859104817

$_57.JPG

Serial number and date of manufacture on door plate

Unibody and car parts can be delivered via truck and trailer.

Transportation cost will be for round trip diesel and motel cost

No title,Unibody serial number on firewall is gone during rust repair

Floor boards have been replaced but trimming work still needed

No title,Unibody serial number on firewall is gone during rust repair cut and shut of stolen car  ;D

• Administrators

No title,Unibody serial number on firewall is gone during rust repair cut and shut of stolen car  ;D

Anything is possible, hence recording the VIN # here in this thread means if a car with that number ever appears again we can be a little suspicious of it ;).

• Administrators

Nice looking 240z in California.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-240z-/331544061277

Current bid $13,000 USD with 3 days to run..

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

A good condition California Datsun 240z with tasteful upgrades.

Total mileage is unknown- speedometer replaced before I bought it. Currently shows 11,162 on an aftermarket autometer speedometer.

I bought this car in 2012 out of Southern California from a Z collector and put about 2,000 miles on her. I was a Nissan dealer at the time and had old school Datsun techs look after her.

Sold my Nissan dealership last year and have no room to store her and my 5 ( !) Datsun 510 race cars.

Engine

3 liter engine L28 block

Triple Mikuni carbs with K&N air cleaners

P79 Cyl head with Comp cam #84-123-6

6-1 headers jet hot coated

5 speed 280z trans

ACT clutch

Brakes:

Toyota 4 piston front calipers with vented rotors

280zx master cyl

Rear 240 sx disc brake conversion from drums

NISMO wheel studs

Suspension:

Tokiko 5 way adjustable struts

Eibach springs

NISMO steering knuckles

Urethane bushings

Techno toy TC rods

Konig rewind wheels

Falken RT-615 tires like new

BRE carbon "Spook" spoiler from Motorsport.

Autometer guages

New dash cap

NOS door panels

NOS side view mirror and emblems

Upgraded retractable Motorsport seatbelts

Dash signed by the designer of the Z  Mr. Yoshihiko Matsuo

Interested buyers can inspect the car in person in Dublin , California and I will be happy to put the car on a hoist for a thorough inspection.

Exterior:

Paint and body work done eight years ago by previous owner, garage parked since.  Paint is not perfect, a few dings and chips, but nothing major!  Solid floor boards, NO RUST.  FRAME NO RUST. 

All NOS (New Old Stock) emblems, doors handles, and side mirror

Original Blue California license plate

Front bumper has a small ding(hardly noticeable), rear bumper is perfect

Weather stripping around front, rear, and side windows is new...windshield has a small crack on drivers side 8" maybe

Interior: 

Driver and passenger seats need restoration, not supportive as should be.

No stereo

The original dash has two cracks on the top but is otherwise perfect, currently covered with dash carpet,.

Full Auto Meter Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite  gauges - brushed aluminum face

NOS door panels

Interior is in GREAT shape

Drivetrain: 

Engine rebuilt by Shinzo Auto Service approximately 8,000 miles ago (properly broke-in, oil changed @1,000 miles, valve adjustment and head retorque @5,000 miles) http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/Sponsors/shinzoauto.htm

3.0L Kameari Kit for L28 block

High performance COMP CAM for street driving . Good power in mid-range.  Comp cam Part# 84-123-6

P79 cylinder head valve job & 2.0mm grind

Greddy Oil Catch Can

5SPD transmission

new ACT clutch

new 6-1 ceramic coated header

Triple Mikuni carburetor set-up

Brakes:

The brakes are easy bolt-on upgrades that are recommended by other Z car enthusiast in the community...providing better braking power than the OEM brakes without major modifications.  Less than 7,000 miles on brakes.

Front - Toyota four-piston calipers with vented rotors (http://www.biopatent.com/brakes.html)

Rear - converted to disc...Nissan 240SX two-piston calipers with solid rotors (http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_61&products_id=2)

280ZX mater cylinder

NISMO 60MM wheel studs

Suspension:

Suspension replaced within last year, less than 5,000 miles

New Tokico Illumina shocks (adjustable for performance, 5 different settings)

New Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

NISMO Quick steering knuckles

New Urethane bushings

New ball joints and tie rod ends

New Techo Toy Tuning TC RODS https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/tension-control-rods-datsun-240z-260z-280z

Konig Rewind Graphite 15X7 Wheels

New tires Falken RT-615 - less than 3,000 miles

NEW Windshield!

Personally I'd ditch the aftermarket gauges.. Otherwise a good looking car.

• Administrators

Nice looking original 71 240z in the best colour of all time 920 Safari Gold 8).

Current bid:US $13,900.00 (5 days to go)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171756863400

$_57.JPG

This was relisted recently as the last high bidder flaked out..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171773987796

I was watching it closely and very nearly put a bid in on it. Got nervous at the last minute and didn't do it.

I was looking to import and sell on locally, taking the risk on it being as good as it looked in photos. But the turn off to LHD cars (from people here) and the fact that I'd sink 20+K into it and maybe have to sit on it for several months which would delay my HS30 00150 restoration made me think again. Still think it was a bargain price for what it is.

Personally I don't think LHD is a big deal and if I was in the US for work at the time I would have flown over to see it in person which is always better than relying on photos.

I guess it's true, we are more scared of loosing a $1 than gaining $2. :)

• Administrators

1970 Datsun 240z.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-Base-/131506299265

HLS3017997

This thing is a good example of a bog rocket.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

1970 Datsun 240Z

This has been my autocross car for the past two years.  I was far more concerned about performance than looks. 

I replaced the original L24 engine with a new L28 from Datsun Parts LLC.  It has the E88 head.  I'm guessing it has less than 1,000 miles on it now.

The Carbs are from ZTherapy and I will include the tuning DVD (very helpful).  Euro balance tube.

Suspension was new last year.  1" lowering springs and new strut cartridges.

Aluminum Radiator.

Header and an almost straight exhaust sound great.  There is a little exhaust rattle at idle, but I never spend much time at idle.

Wheels are Konig Rewind 15x7.  They have Hoosier tires on them right now. 

The dash is close to perfect.

No heater core.

Also include are the original wheels, engine with the E31 head (running when I removed it), steering wheel with horn, and all the seat mounting hardware.

This car runs great.  It does not look good.  There has been a good amount of body work done on it previously and it wasn't exactly well done. 

The racing seats that are in it are not comfortable.  I had to put them all the way down on the floor so I could fit my 6'2 body in it with a helmet on.

No Reserve.  $500 non refundable deposit by paypal within 48 hours of auction end.  Shipping is your responsibility, but I will help if I can. 

Ask questions if you have any. 

• Administrators

Craigslist special.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/5027996592.html

HLS30-96217

00L0L_ifwgRaZUNin_600x450.jpg

00l0l_cMXsGhLHAma_600x450.jpg

01717_jqrwgsGlg94_600x450.jpg

Currently on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-240z-/261888251027

4 days to go at US $14,000.00 currently.

What would concern me with this car is that the rust is starting to come back after 5 years (since repaint).

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

Chassis rails also look like the rears have been cut off.

DSC00337.jpg

Passenger side chassis rail is beat up.

DSC00346.jpg

Battery tray repair is 'interesting'.

DSC00353.jpg

Sounds nice and seems to go well however.