Jeff43's Hs30-00134 Restoration

jeff43

Hello Jeff,

I see back on page 11 you mention about how high the car is sitting.

Did you renew all the metalastic bushes in the suspension.

If so I don't know if you are aware or not but the car needs to be sitting on the ground with the suspension loaded before you tension up the pivot points other wise you will ruin the new bushes.

2 hours ago, Bobby said:

Hello Jeff,

I see back on page 11 you mention about how high the car is sitting.

Did you renew all the metalastic bushes in the suspension.

If so I don't know if you are aware or not but the car needs to be sitting on the ground with the suspension loaded before you tension up the pivot points other wise you will ruin the new bushes.

Thanks for the tip Bobby. I did replace all the bushes with new nolathane bushes but was not aware that the car should be loaded on it's suspension before being tightened. I can't see how it can make any difference myself, but happy to be proven wrong. I expect the car to settle quite a lot once it has been driven but I suspect it will still be sitting higher than I would like. Time will tell, Only a matter of days now till she has a shake down drive.

Cheers Jeff

Jeff with the nolathane it may not matter as I don't know how they are made.

I renewed all of mine with new factory metalastic bushes.

If you think of the metalastic as two pieces of pipe (the inner and the outer) with rubber bonded between them and you clamp those pipes there is a limit to how far it will rotate before it destroys the rubber. So that is why you set them up so the rubber is not under stress when the car is parked.

If the nolathane are bonded to an inner and outer pipe then I feel you would have to do the same.

1 hour ago, Ponyo240z said:

The dash looks fantastic. What sort of spray did you decide to use?

Thanks, really happy with it. I used Dupli-Color Bed Armor, the finish is rougher to the touch than the original vinyl finish but does look good all the same.

IMG_20190422_154405736.jpg

3 minutes ago, JDM-TOY said:

@jeff43 seriously mate dash looks amazing. great work champ. 

Thanks, I think it will look even better when it is back in the car later this week as this is one of the last things I need to fit before I can take her for a drive. Better get the Go Pro charged up!

1 minute ago, jeff43 said:

Thanks, I think it will look even better when it is back in the car later this week as this is one of the last things I need to fit before I can take her for a drive. Better get the Go Pro charged up!

Mate that Bed Armor will never crack, good idea. 

Pics galore, this morning I backed her out of the shed under her own steam for the first time in about 13 years. She is all back together except the horns as they still have 49 yrs worth of filth all over them and the pillar badges which are with my mates son for him to airbrush touch them up. First shakedown drive around the block will probably be tomorrow so stay tuned for a quick video. After a few drives I will then do something about the ride height, angle grinder fitted with a cutoff wheel at the ready.

Cheers Jeff

IMG_20190426_111106179.jpg

IMG_20190426_104051085_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190426_104104673.jpg

IMG_20190426_104113482.jpg

IMG_20190426_104127575.jpg

IMG_20190426_104246161.jpg

IMG_20190426_104259711.jpg

IMG_20190426_110854769.jpg

IMG_20190426_111012833.jpg

IMG_20190426_111100188.jpg

IMG_20190426_104014270.jpg

I have had a quick drive around the block, sorry no video yet @George. She drives pretty good straight of the bat with an eye ball wheel alignment. Brakes need to bed in yet, but they seem pretty good too. I must say it pulls pretty good for a stock L24 too, pleasantly surprised. Nothing like your LCR monster @cbrjeff. Video soon!!!! The Go pro is mounted in the car for later when my wife gets home from work and I'm relieved of childcare duties, hopefully before it gets dark.

46 minutes ago, Riceburner said:

Love it Jeff. Geez the dash came up a treat and that color really makes the chrome/stainless pop 8)

Thanks, yep really happy with the dash and the colour. THe ride height is the only thing really playing on my mind. When I get the stance sorted, I will be happy.