Sydney Drive Day - 20 March 2016

aussie240z

re next time, maybe consdier wisemans ferry pub? out to wisemans, over the ferry and left to the pub. then you can go further up and cross over with the other ferry ....(tho maybe some in champagne pink bmw's have already "crossed over".... :-*  Alternative is around to the western ferry, back over and stop at the pub on the Windsor side - good lunch options either side. And some good roads all ways

• Moderators

The Wisemans Ferry and Berowra Waters Ferry loop would be a ripper.

***********************************************************************************

Route - Windsor to Wisemans Ferry

Date - Sunday 20th March 2016

Meet -Australian Hotel carpark, 1 Pitt Town Road, McGraths Hill.

Time - 10:30am

Attendees

PB260Z - Peter - 260Z 2+2

TDoherty - Tony - 240Z

mother240 - Shaun (brother) - 240Z

PeterAllen - Peter - GTO replica (Maybe)

bbqjackson + 1 - 240Z

post-102365-0-42995600-1457864986_thumb.png

Edited by PB260Z

St Albans pub is also a great drive and a great pub, take the left side, i.e. Webbs creek, ferry at Wisemans Ferry, then turn right and follow St Albans rd to St Albans. Return route can be along north shore of the Hawkesbury through Spencer then up to Central Mangrove and then south to Peats Ridge and rejoin the Pacific Hwy at Calga. An alternate to this is do it in reverse and instead of continuing up to St Albans, cross the river and go to the pub at Wisemans Ferry. Type in St Albans NSW into google maps and it will all make sense.

Regards Craig

• Moderators

Hi Craig

Agree St. Albans is a good stop. I haven't been there for a few years though.

Is the last few K's still dirt ? I will go for a drive or ride out that way over the Xmas period and see what the roads are like.

Either way looks like that part of world will be the destination.

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z

• Moderators

Thanks,

Will have a look at possible meeting points and run times then put forward a proposed run schedule at a later date.

This may necessitate a trial run in my car.

Cheers

PB

Another +1 for Wisemans Ferry - with the number of us in the Hills area now it's a great drive from Windsor Road through Maraylya and Oakville etc through to Wisemans

The ferry approach is very steep. I couldn't make it on in my red Z. Would have to go the other way and meet up on the other side 1st.. Went that way many times on bikes and in other cars. If someone is up for a longer, quicker drive, I also suggest Jenolan Caves run. Not that far.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Is this still on the cards?  Have not had the chance to drive a z on the roads out and around Wiseman's but get out there plenty on the bike.

Im getting close to having the last couple of little jobs sorted to be ready to go for rego and keen to make this drive. 

FYI, It looks like the Syd Datsun Club are doing an Observation Run on the 21st of Feb which some members may be attending???

Mark

Edited by mother240

• Moderators

Hi Mark,

Will still be on, but will most likely be delayed into March, just a bit to busy for the next few weeks.

Might even have my Z registered by then.

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z

• Moderators

Nice one PB.

Seeing the pics of your bus on the road is what prompted me.

Look forward to it.

Mark

The purpose of yesterdays lengthy drive was a bit of a shake down to see what else is needed for rego.

The car did well, but the to-do list did get a bit longer.

Edited by PB260Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi All

I am starting to put some serious thought into the planning of the next run.

Based on all the above am thinking meet up in the north west and head to wisemans - maybe.

Has anyone got a suggestion for an initial meeting point ? Dural or Windsor maybe ?

Cheers

PB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

It will be a Sunday, and in the second half of March - unless there is overwhelming objections.

Currently thinking Sunday March 20th, the weekend before Easter.

Route is likely to be Windsor to Wisemans, need to check route timings and ferry approaches re the return route.

Honestly just been a touch to busy on the weekends of recent.

Hoping to firm things up by the end of February.

Cheers

PB

• Moderators

I'll be at the Motogp in Qatar that weekend so wont be able to make it.

I'm sure brother Shaun will be keen to take the z out for a drive though.

Shame you can't make it, will be great to see your car and brother Shaun along though.