Eoi Datsun 240Z #121 1970

Zedman240®

• Moderators

Its something I never thought I'd be doing this but for personal reasons reluctanly my zed is for sale.

Just an EOI at the moment, but up for grabs is my 240Z that I have owned for the last 12+ years.

Its chassis number 121, with its original matching L24 that Les Collins built, has many options like:

EFI Hardware 45mm ITB's,

Wolf V500 ECU with 280ZX Turbo distributorless ignition and coil pack

R200 3.9 LSD,

Coilovers with Koni Yellows,

Big brakes consisting of R33 4 pot calipers with Mitsu 3000GT 2 piece disks

Adjustable front lower arms

Simmons 17x8 wheels with near new Nankang Semi's

Gearbox rebuilt by Stan Holmes

R31 Disk brake rears

Half cage

Fujitsubo type headers and many other little things.

Rust wise don't think there is any as nothing has surfaced since its rotisserie rebuild many years ago done by Rob at the Z Factory. But we all now they do have surface rust inbetween panels! Body wise its straight but has a few issues' small dent on right rear quarter from a trolley jack handle and others on the guards from my wonderful kids opening the wifes car door and touching my zed.

There are a few other small details that have to be sorted which I just don't have the time for. Hoping it goes to someone who can give it the love it needs.

If anyone wants to contact me for more details, my number is O413 24376O

Dimitri

PS pics will follow very soon...for now you could look at my pic but just without the G-nose!

• Moderators

All is ok thanks Simon....believe me, I've been thinking over this for a while now. In a perfect world there would be no way I'd be doing this but here we are. Just don't have the time to enjoy it and I'd rather it go to someone who will. 

Just dreading going in to the garage later and seeing that empty spot.

• Moderators

Wow, can't believe this, but every now and again we all have to do thubgs like this.

Yours is a great example and who ever the lucky new custodian is they are sure to be very happy.

Hmmm, what would the boss say if I purchased yet another car ??

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers

PB

• Moderators

I know...craziest thing is it has been sold pending payment of deposit. It hasn't sunk in yet but it depresses me seeing it sit there in the garage needing some tlc. I know once its gone, I won't be able to find another one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Hi all, as you probably figured out, I'm not on the forums as much as I used to, and yes, zed has long gone. It resides now in Brisbane to someone who will be giving it some good attention. The sellers remorse hasn't hit as hard as I thought it would but who knows what happens later on. The bike has drawn away alot of those feelings I think!

I'll still hang around but not as often as I used to.

• Moderators

Hi Mate

Nice to see you back in these pages.

Bikes do indeed have a way of sorting things out and puttng you at peace. I really enjoy my all to infrequent rides.

Any plans for a bike upgrade ?

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z