Early Girl Bingo - With Photos

gav240z

A while ago a bloke posted about the 'ORGAZM' Zed on the Downunder datsuns Facebook page, if i remember correctly he said it ended up getting crushed after getting caught hooning one to many times  :(

"Not quiet right''

The car was written off after an accident (not sure of the exact details)

I saw the car and actually bought the tailgate and left hand door, I think they

may have been the only usable panels left.

Only regret not buying the rest of the wreck.

• Administrators

"Not quiet right''

The car was written off after an accident (not sure of the exact details)

I saw the car and actually bought the tailgate and left hand door, I think they

may have been the only usable panels left.

Only regret not buying the rest of the wreck.

This tail gate?

IMG_20150726_161159.jpgIMG_20150726_161220.jpgIMG_20150726_161225.jpg

If so the car was probably rustier than the photos lead you to believe it was..not a surprise since almost all early girl's are or were before restoration.

• Administrators

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/17735-hs30-00379-on-ebayau-for-1/

HS30 00379 - It was listed on eBay as a shell, I don't recall what it looked like now. Wondering if Mr C has photos of her?

*Edit yes he does.

http://www.wazregister.com/index.php?title=viewcar&car=HS30-379

• Administrators

I decided to make my way over to the Z Club of NZ

https://zclub.nz/viewtopic.php?p=39337

I was pointed to this thread.

https://zclub.nz/viewtopic.php?t=149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Which contains a spreadsheet with S30z's in it.

HS30 00352 is the lowest number in there and there is nothing else sub HS30 01000 in there yet. Although some chassis numbers are missing and registration plates are only supplied it would seem.

Latest version of spreadsheet here.

*Edit photos of HS30 00352 might be here?

http://www.classiczcars.com/profile/858-240znz/content/?type=gallery_image

• 2 weeks later...

HS30 00021 is the South African Press / Demo car that is still in South Africa.  It is in pristine condition and until recently lay in a Nissan "dead house" before being bought by a well known collector.  I've been trying to negotiate to buy the car but he is adamant that he will never sell.  Apparently Nissan Japan have offered to buy the car back from him.  The car is metallic blue.

You can add this to your list :-)

• Administrators

Thanks mate, any chance the current owner would share a photo or 2? I'm sure I'm not the only 1 curious about the old girl and what she looked like? I'm wondering what mirrors it had and other minor details like fender / blinkers / repeaters etc..?

I do wonder what George's car HS30 00019 was used for? Was it also a promotional / dealer demo car? I suspect all the low VIN #'s were...

Hi Gav,

For the record

The lime green car is #259

The rusty orange car is no#1254 - attached is an inside photo showing the twin hand throttle and choke
The orange car is number #655

more recent of my 240z #295

& the white Auto 240z I owned 5 years ago which was no#11XX (ill try and confirm the exact number)

post-100796-0-79571300-1452293065_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-87229900-1452293080_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-00241600-1452293114_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-73407000-1452293155_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-62389900-1452293297_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-63687700-1452293586_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-21865300-1452293741_thumb.jpg

post-100796-0-76076900-1452293806_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Awesome I'll update these shortly, that orange / gold colour is it 918 or 920 originally? Hard to tell. Man she looks a bit rusty though ;)

Interesting the seats with the red inserts, my 72 has similar retrimming and I know another car early 907 green that had green inserts. Seems there was an auto-trimmer doing that style back in the day who must have done several S30z's like that.

• Administrators

So here is a couple of other early 240z's.

71 240z - I don't know the VIN on this 1.

10/71 complied 240z. HS30 01428

NB: It still has the twin choke/hand throttle set up. That is the highest number (HS30 car) I know of with that set up so far... It looks like it was originally 918 Kalahari Tan.

• Administrators

So here is a couple of other early 240z's.

71 240z - I don't know the VIN on this 1.

Thanks to Vicroads rego search I managed to get this cars VIN #.

HS30-0003 was a Motorshow car at some point.
It'd had been resprayed dark blue or purple & had the interior revamped in the 80's.

I met a previous owner recently who lives local to me & he informed me he sold it to someone down the mornington peninsular in the early 90's.
After the the trail runs cold...

• Administrators

HS30-0003 was a Motorshow car at some point.

It'd had been resprayed dark blue or purple & had the interior revamped in the 80's.

I met a previous owner recently who lives local to me & he informed me he sold it to someone down the mornington peninsular in the early 90's.

After the the trail runs cold...

Locky if you speak with him again, can you ask him if he still has any photos of it from the time he owned it? If anything that would certainly add a lot of interest to this thread I think. It sounds like it was modified, but anymore info we can get about it such as original colour? And perhaps there would be some interesting details in those photos?

It would be interesting if you could find out the name of the person who purchased it down the Mornington Peninsula way. Speaking with Len Brennan a little while back on the phone he told me "you wouldn't believe what some of these farmers have in their sheds". There is a good chance it is still around... We can only hope.

Locky if you speak with him again, can you ask him if he still has any photos of it from the time he owned it? If anything that would certainly add a lot of interest to this thread I think. It sounds like it was modified, but anymore info we can get about it such as original colour? And perhaps there would be some interesting details in those photos?

It would be interesting if you could find out the name of the person who purchased it down the Mornington Peninsula way. Speaking with Len Brennan a little while back on the phone he told me "you wouldn't believe what some of these farmers have in their sheds". There is a good chance it is still around... We can only hope.

He produced a 3/4 angle Polaroid photo of it & it was a dark blue/purple colour.

If I see him again I'll try to squeeze some more info out of him, but he couldn't remember much... 

• Administrators

Here is another: FSTZED

Previously owned by member: Mayhem

Originally white with a blue interior. (see before restoration photos).

When it was restored it had the vented hatch installed and the quarter panels filled in. So I thought it was a sub

However I managed to find that it's chassis: HS30 00990 (8 cars earlier is HS30 00982 - which is also white / blue combination).

Now has an RB25 in it.

Youtube channel here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/fstzed/search?query=240z

• Administrators

The white / blue combo cars got me thinking back to this car.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/2560-240z-dump-or-restore/

I reckon it could be 1 of their sisters. Speedo and rear hatch indicates 71 model, so possibly in the high 900 range?